• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

How do you punish decapre hands with cammy?

dp is 5 frames so i can only punish hard hands, but then the spacing doesn't allow a hit
cr.mp, cr.mk, cr.lk, cr.lp are either too slow or don't reach enough

mbpm1

How do you punish decapre hands with cammy?

dp is 5 frames so i can only punish hard hands, but then the spacing doesn't allow a hit
cr.mp, cr.mk, cr.lk, cr.lp are either too slow or don't reach enough

Hands are safe if spaced properly (and using the right version)

Nyoro SF

Man, my buddy is just doing hands all day and i can't do SHIT to it. Just take the chip like a bitch until he decides to stop.

Neutral jump and blow it up. He'll soon stop once you start dealing 300+ damage in return.

I had 27 matches and 4 wins. But I am getting better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eeFrVrdP34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiniGrpfhQg

Critque peeps. :p

Jump much less and hold your ground at neutral. Juri has two incredible anti-airs (cr.MP and cr.HP) so you don't have to worry about the opponent jumping at you in return. Use lots of fireballs (storing them is very smart) and cr.MK to keep the opponent at bay and then when they do something reckless, attack back.

Learn a few basic combos to start with for punishing the opponent.

Once you do those things, you'll start learning faster. Looks like you're brand new which is fine.

Yudoken

I'm regularly on Steam (same ID like Neogaf Userrname).
If you want to play against an beginner (Ultra and arcade stick) hit me up.
It would be great, If you're a beginner too so we could have a fair fight.

Keylow415

finally tired the new patch on steam amd the game still locks up in the middle of a fight. did it a lot when i was playing. wonder if there ever going to fix it.,and the bar system still sucks.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm regularly on Steam (same ID like Neogaf Userrname).
If you want to play against an beginner (Ultra and arcade stick) hit me up.
It would be great, If you're a beginner too so we could have a fair fight.

I added you! total noob as well (27 hours played), have Ultra and and a Madcatz!

can mostly play evenings Central EU time (~~9-11 pm GMT+1), sometimes during the day if I have a day of or whatever :)

mbpm1

Man, my buddy is just doing hands all day and i can't do SHIT to it. Just take the chip like a bitch until he decides to stop.

Damn, so Cammy can't do shit about it if she blocks it? Maybe I should pick up Decapre for fights against Cammy?

Dcapre should not be able to get away with raw hands repeatedly. if he spams it after already doing hands, it's a 9 frame startup move and you can easily interrupt it with a normal of your choice or a DP even if it's safe on block. Safe on block doesn't mean much either if he's not blocking after it, -3 means if you use your crouching MK it ought to counterhit or trade almost pretty much move he does, aside from his Sting. If he takes to doing Sting after hands, like online Decapres, including me, like to do, it's a massively unsafe guess and you can walk forward and sweep/cr mk into spiral arrow/throw him. Distance is also something you could pay attention to, if he does it closer than the distance of max cr mk, it's spaced not so well, and you should test it with your far st. lp, which has greater range than a cr. lp and can lead to decent punishes.

cHaotix8

Played a lot of SF in Japan and some against the big-name folks at the arcades. Some sick players that folks don't know about here. Like, I saw a really awesome Dudley over there that was wrecking Tokido and Nemo up.

Ugh, I wish recording in arcades was allowed. Can't wait to make it back to Japan. How long were you there and where did you stay?

cHaotix8

I kinda wanna do another long-ish set again today. First was Cloudius, then Gods Bread. Who's next? /goldberg

If you have PC, I'd be down for games once I get off work today. I don't really have as much experience with the Thawk matchup as I'd like with Dudley, so it'd be fun to grind it out in a long session.

Add me on steam for you PC guys that want some matches: heyitschaotix /VGP cHaotix

If you have meter, just ex dive kick after you block it. If they press a button you get a combo and if they block you get pressure. If they don't space it right, you can try to get the one frame punish off of far stand jab > cr mk xx Spiral arrow, which is what I would probably go for most times anyway.

If you have PC, I'd be down for games once I get off work today. I don't really have as much experience with the Thawk matchup as I'd like with Dudley, so it'd be fun to grind it out in a long session.

Add me on steam for you PC guys that want some matches: VGP cHaotix

If you have meter, just ex dive kick after you block it. If they press a button you get a combo and if they block you get pressure. If they don't space it right, you can try to get the one frame punish off of far stand jab > cr mk xx Spiral arrow, which is what I would probably go for most times anyway.
I get home around 4pm PST, so I'll add you around then.

Shouta

Where in Japan are you? I miss the arcades there, nothing like it. Smoking and drinking while you play 3S? Rad.

I was all over in the two weeks I was there.

Ugh, I wish recording in arcades was allowed. Can't wait to make it back to Japan. How long were you there and where did you stay?

It kinda is as long as you don't get caught or get permission, lol They record directly from the arcade machines for Topanga Banzuke though, for example. So it's allowed if folks know it's going on.

I was there for 2 weeks visiting friends. I was in Tokyo, Fukushima, Osaka and Nagoya. Played with a lot of the JP folks at the arcade in and after events. Wish I had more time to talk to them though but at least I got some play time in even if it was on a stick. D=

Marz

RIP PS3 gaf..

I would still be playing but for some reason i switched internet providers and now my PS3 won't connect to PSN. I can still get on Netflix and stuff but not on PSN, I think it might be the firewall settings or something I'll have to mess with it

hitsugi

i used to always send invites to whoever on my friends list is playing sf the same time i am, but no one here ever responds so i stopped recently.

I get the feeling a decent bit of PS3 users, if they have a PC, switched over to the PC version. The difference is just too drastic for me to ever go back.

I added you! total noob as well (27 hours played), have Ultra and and a Madcatz!

can mostly play evenings Central EU time (~~9-11 pm GMT+1), sometimes during the day if I have a day of or whatever :)

I added both you and Yudoken. While I've played street fighter for some time, I never played competively (my 9 yr old son beats me sometimes). So now I'm trying to learn and consider myself a noob.

Steam = NeoGaf for anyone else that wants to add me to play some noob matches.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Does no one here play on Japan timezone/internet?

I feel like I'm the only sucker getting left behind on PS3, even though it still feels pretty flawless on a wired connection out here.

Would love to try my new Oni against GAF fight club and get picked apart.

If the above criteria work for you, shoot a message to BobioJapan on PSN.
Cheers!

colinp

Banned

I feel like I'm the only sucker getting left behind on PS3, even though it still feels pretty flawless on a wired connection out here.

Cheers!

I do!

But on PC. ;)

ILoveBish

Cheers!

A lot of people have abandoned the old consoles, i don't have either hooked up anymore, just ps4 and pc. Since there is no ps4 port of ultra. PC is my go-to platform for it. Should consider it.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Rats. I only have AE on Steam right now, and my laptop is very sensitive to heat (currently hovering around 30 celcius out here).

I'll probably get the upgrade eventually.
Feel free to add Bobio (ninja frog avatar) on Steam for when that day comes.

Still plenty of randoms online, but always better to play in a group of peers.

Btw, is the BP/PP ranking on PSN/XBL/Steam universal?
I played the #1 Ryu on PSN the other day, and I was wondering if he was #1 only in Japan or worldwide.

vg260

ranked matches on pc version is still a MESS

They're going to be pushing that beta patch out to everyone shortly. Also, apparently people without the beta were apparently still able to connect to those with it, so that may be part of it. They also said it's not the last patch.

Btw, is the BP/PP ranking on PSN/XBL/Steam universal?
I played the #1 Ryu on PSN the other day, and I was wondering if he was #1 only in Japan or worldwide.

Rankings are platform-specific. You can view them on a given platform by world or region, though.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
They're going to be pushing that beta patch out to everyone shortly. Also, apparently people without the beta were apparently still able to connect to those with it, so that may be part of it. They also said it's not the last patch.

Closed beta?

vg260

It was idiotic of them to run it as an opt-in in the first place. Glad they decided to do the only appropriate thing.

I disagree. To me it makes more sense to let it be tested in the wild in beta form before forcing it on everyone in case it broke it further or broke the game completely.

alstein

Just ran into one of the downsides of the PC versions. 3 straight players where it was obvious by replay the other guy was using macros. Then again, that's online play in general, but SF4 has it worse than most.

You can tell because the inputs are the exact same every time, even on things with leniency. Top players don't have that exact sameness on their replays. There's occasionally a frame variation.

vg260

Just ran into one of the downsides of the PC versions. 3 straight players where it was obvious by replay the other guy was using macros. Then again, that's online play in general, but SF4 has it worse than most.

You can tell because the inputs are the exact same every time, even on things with leniency. Top players don't have that exact sameness on their replays. There's occasionally a frame variation.

Interesting. Do you have a replay you could upload?

Venfayth

Macros for what? Combos?

Nyoro SF

I don't even know what a macro is.

Pre-programmed move input. So you'd never miss a combo or need to actually input a move to do one. Despite this however it doesn't make you invincible. Unsafe moves are still unsafe moves, and consistency is only one piece of being a strong player.

Is super annoying though.

Pre-programmed move input. So you'd never miss a combo or need to actually input a move to do one. Despite this however it doesn't make you invincible. Unsafe moves are still unsafe moves, and consistency is only one piece of being a strong player.

Is super annoying though.

Last night i knew i was playing against a macro player, his mic is open and you can hear every thing, and he has a stick and you can hear all his inputs, his inputs were different from the usually player with a stick, all I heard was 1 or 2 button press and see a string of combos, i still beat him though then quickly left his endless room..

Top Bottom