• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

One stock less, less damage and you lose ultra. Eh. Genei jin combos aren't that hard imo. I RFC if it will end the round.

Even the best Yun players are abandoning Super for RFC and they're doing it for a good reason. Without Ultra a RFC confirm into a EX palm combo will give Yun nearly as much as a mid screen Super combo, except they get 700(give or take 10 depending on which normal you use) stun along with it. Both will basically push your opponent into the corner but only one will puts you in position to stun with the next correct guess.

With Ultra I guess it depends. Like you guys said, it cost one less bar to confirm into Ultra and that can be a pretty big deal. It gives Yun players more room to blow meter, especially when they've built up a full bar because they know that they only need two and a half a confirm into shoulder will give them enough for RFC into Ultra or whatever.

I think Super should only be done situationally. Like when you anti-air with LK up kicks, when you confirm into shoulder near the corner where RFC won't be as effective, or when you're going for max damage to try to end rounds with super > ultra.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Even the best Yun players are abandoning Super for RFC and they're doing it for a good reason. Without Ultra a RFC confirm into a EX palm combo will give Yun nearly as much as a mid screen Super combo, except they get 700(give or take 10 depending on which normal you use) stun along with it. Both will basically push your opponent into the corner but only one will puts you in position to stun with the next correct guess.

With Ultra I guess it depends. Like you guys said, it cost one less bar to confirm into Ultra and that can be a pretty big deal. It gives Yun players more room to blow meter, especially when they've built up a full bar because they know that they only need two and a half a confirm into shoulder will give them enough for RFC into Ultra or whatever.

I think Super should only be done situationally. Like when you anti-air with LK up kicks, when you confirm into shoulder near the corner where RFC won't be as effective, or when you're going for max damage to try to end rounds with super > ultra.

I didnt know that about the stun. I'll look it up. The issue with any of those options is that you can make a good case for all of them. I started doing genei jin combos specifically because of a gief i play who is a nightmare. If i shave off a decent chunk of health with genei jin I still have ultra to catch a stray green hand or to whiff punish something. I just ended up doing the same thing in other matchups. Its actually surprising how much utility you can get out of u1 outside of a crumple. If im up on health i like sitting on ultra just in case i do something stupid.

cackhyena

Does this interest you at all

wvmegZLl.jpg

I haven't considered any modding till now. How or where do I throw this?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Steam online was pretty good last night doing Endless. I still have wayyy too much trouble getting into a Ranked game though. I started using Makoto again, first time since 3S. Scrubbin' it up HARD.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
whyd you go to the darkside grim

Lol. I didnt I promise. I just have a Yun day every now and then. I already put a lot of time into him and since I dont have a real secondary, two birds etc. He kind of got the position by default since I lost interest in other characters i was learning. I'm trying to learn Gen but holy hell is he a lot of work. And yes i am aware of how silly it is that im playing the twins and their master. I like the puffy kung fu pants.

Marz

Lol. I didnt I promise. I just have a Yun day every now and then. I already put a lot of time into him and since I dont have a real secondary, two birds etc. He kind of got the position by default since I lost interest in other characters i was learning. I'm trying to learn Gen but holy hell is he a lot of work. And yes i am aware of how silly it is that im playing the twins and their master. I like the puffy kung fu pants.

Gen isn't the twins master, where'd you get that from?

I didnt know that about the stun. I'll look it up.

cr. MK, LP shoulder, RFC, EX palm, LP shoulder, HP lunge = 421 damage, 710 stun(although fishing with far MP is more popular but does 20 less stun).

One time I faced my friends Vega and he got off to a good start and had a sizable life lead. I managed to land this combo(with far MP) and went straight into a command throw and did cl. MP > up kicks because I knew it would stun immediately without needing to go for full damage after command throw. I went straight into Ultra and did over 80% damage(with Ultra only a little over half full) in two combos. Felt dirty, but pretty good at the same time.

Genei Jin is great for corner carry and gives you a reset option. But Yun players are using meter more for red focus to get either get stun or for comeback factor by trying to land Ultra. I've won matches myself(and had matches won against me) because I was down in life and just kept fishing for shoulder confirms until I got it.

Haeleos

I thought capcom officially endorsed the udon canon? Gen supposedly trained both the twins and chun for a while.

You can even see it in their moves. One of Yang's ultras, Chun's sweep, Yang's roll -> waterfall kick. Very Gen-esque. I wish the twins rival battles were against Gen, would be awesome to officially connect them in game.

You can even see it in their moves. One of Yang's ultras, Chun's sweep, Yang's roll -> waterfall kick. Very Gen-esque. I wish the twins rival battles were against Gen, would be awesome to officially connect them in game.
I might be remembering wrong, but I thought the Gen-Chun connection was in one of their arcade mode openings or endings in vanilla.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
cr. MK, LP shoulder, RFC, EX palm, LP shoulder, HP lunge = 421 damage, 710 stun(although fishing with far MP is more popular but does 20 less stun).

One time I faced my friends Vega and he got off to a good start and had a sizable life lead. I managed to land this combo(with far MP) and went straight into a command throw and did cl. MP > up kicks because I knew it would stun immediately without needing to go for full damage after command throw. I went straight into Ultra and did over 80% damage(with Ultra only a little over half full) in two combos. Felt dirty, but pretty good at the same time.

Genei Jin is great for corner carry and gives you a reset option. But Yun players are using meter more for red focus to get either get stun or for comeback factor by trying to land Ultra. I've won matches myself(and had matches won against me) because I was down in life and just kept fishing for shoulder confirms until I got it.

Wow that's borderline retarded. If you land any bnb and get a hit off the next mixup and get the dizzy, even without ultra you can still do nj fierce cr strong stand strong xx rh upkicks which is good for at least 240ish even with the heaviest scaling, and it almost gives you a bar. That is some serious scumbaggery.

Village

I haven't considered any modding till now. How or where do I throw this?

If you still need help/interested.

So first back up your files

and you would put it

steamapps>common>Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition>resource >battle>stage

Remember to back up your files.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
If you still need help/interested.

So first back up your files

and you would put it

steamapps>common>Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition>resource >battle>stage

Remember to back up your files.

Also you can not overwrite originals by creating a patch AE 2 folder instead---I may be wrong about the exact folder name but the jist is that you do that and create appropriate sub-folders following the Resource folder tree.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Worked just fine. Might look for alt outfits. Is that something I can play with online, or only in training? Alt outfits, I mean.

Alt outfits work online.

Edit: I found portrait mods that replace the default ones (next to the lifebar during a fight). While looking much better imo they also take up less screen real estate. Only thing is that the modder hasn't done Hugo, Poison, Decapre or Elena yet as these were made for AE. Still, they do work without issue. I sent a message to the modder at deviantart asking if he would update.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Quick question, I was browsing my steam library and it looks like my SSF4AE has been upgraded to Ultra. Is this correct? Do I actually have the new content or is it just SteamDB shenanigans because Windows Live is all but dead?

alstein

Quick question, I was browsing my steam library and it looks like my SSF4AE has been upgraded to Ultra. Is this correct? Do I actually have the new content or is it just SteamDB shenanigans because Windows Live is all but dead?

It's just a name change- you have to buy the DLC to play Ultra.

Moaradin

Is anyone able to play online at all on PC? Whenever I go to multiplayer, I get a disconnected from Steam message and it boots me back to the main menu. I don't get what the problem is because Steam is online for me.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
This whole time it never occured to me that whenever someone is fishing for an FA i can just ex teleport dash behind them and ultra.

2f7.png

WECG 2014 will have a Global Challenge USFIV tournament in Seoul, Korea on Sept 20-21. $15,000 pot prize for top 8 and WECG Finals Tickets for Top 3. Xiaohai and Infilitration confirmed

http://m.wecg.com/gc/gc_seoul_usf.php

Sounds like it'll be a great tourney, hopefully we can watch it.

That would be kind of interesting actually. Though everyone would have to play everyone, wouldn't they?

I smell a GAF round robin coming.

No seriously we should do something since we still haven't after all this time.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
jXoY8Zx2lnn9e.png

What framerate setting should I use with these scores?

Right now I have Vsync off, and Framerate set to Smooth.

Top Bottom