• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Encountered a dude in online ranked who was pretty grumpy that I was playing ranked as such a beginner.

Am I a dick for playing online in the first 100 hours of gameplay? Am I wasting everyone's time?

He seemed to think I should just play training mode for the first 60 hours.

colinp

Banned
Encountered a dude in online ranked who was pretty grumpy that I was playing ranked as such a beginner.

Am I a dick for playing online in the first 100 hours of gameplay? Am I wasting everyone's time?

Totally ignore him, nothing wrong with that. It's the best way to improve.

He complained about you feeding him free points? He needs his head checked.

OceanBlue

It's not your responsibility to keep other people entertained. It's hard to do training mode without some sort of goal or context as to what you're doing as a beginner anyway IMO.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
When playing stupid people, the goal is to be slightly less stupid, because if you're too smart you'll fall for the stupid.

I go straight from 'why would you do that?' to full blown retard. Getting destroyed by someone good doesnt bother me one bit. Losing to stupid shit makes me rage like a 7 year old when someone is on his favorite swing.

alstein

I go straight from 'why would you do that?' to full blown retard. Getting destroyed by someone good doesnt bother me one bit. Losing to stupid shit makes me rage like a 7 year old when someone is on his favorite swing.

My usual mental reaction to someone going full stupid on me is just start blocking and wait for them to do something unsafe.

Vs the people who are spamming grabs, you have to come up with something else, but that's pretty beatable as well.

My irritation is when someone loses to me and assumes I went full blown retard and calls me a bad player. Had that happen tonight and then got booted from a room, when I was thinking the other guy was too stupid to use more intelligent play on (besides, you have to derp Gouken out because Gouken matches are all about derping)

Ask him why his rank is so low he is being matched with beginners...

hitsugi

Ask him why his rank is so low he is being matched with beginners...

Well, there are two possible answers to that:

1. They aren't spending 5 hours a day grinding points.

2. There aren't enough players (especially on pc) to be picky about skill level. I always put 'any' because I don't have time to keep refreshing the list or playing the same person over and over.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Okay Saturday night and I'm drunk off of tons of IPA's. Let's get this shit going. On Steam right now. illegalwiretap.

Dope ass Makoto mod means I'm rockin her tonight!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I hate fighting robots in Endless picking the same character and Training stage over and over and over. At least Kadey picks random when beating my ass. To be fair, my Hugo has got me wins but I've been jumping around for the hell of it.

On pc as well? really doesnt feel like it to me
No not on the PC, only on PS3 and xbox360. Some stages didn't seem to be optimized on consoles so you have some frame drops (aka not consistent 60 fps). If you have a PC that is a powerhouse it wouldn't matter if some stages were resource hogs because you get 60+fps anyway.

Less lag, it seems. In AE I would choose the boat level.
I wouldn't mind the training stage so much if the music weren't so damn bland. Cosmic Elevator 4 lyfe
I'm ahead by 50%-70% life lead. Hawks empty jumps in and supers. Ugh, ok.

He empty jumps in again and ultra.

Beef plz
ivOzN9idOY3MK.gif

Top Bottom