• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Wiseblade

Dhalsim is skin and bones. He's also an enormous pain to play against, so they have to make him work for wins. Fuerte is just Fuerte. He gets no sympathy from me.

Juri's skinnier than Dhalsim. Chun's more of a pain to hit, too. E.Ryu has a HOLE IN HIS CHEST and is actually a good character. No way should the Most Acrobatic Man in Sports Entertainment™ have the same level on health as the guy who has been on his deathbed since 1996.

chunk3rvd

I game share on PS3 with one of my friends and I just noticed he has the AE and Ultra updates in his library. I currently just have Super SF4 with a 3GB update installed to 1.01. What do I need to install to get up to date? Both the AE and Ultra packs or will the Ultra pack on it's own bring me up to the latest version? I just ask as it means downloading 5 GB for Ultra or 8GB for both and don't want to waste my bandwidth on something unnecessary. Thanks

Nyoro SF

If it's a pain to play as and against Dhalsim maybe they should just delete him from the next street fighter.

Fucking teleports

NEO0MJ

I was hoping they fixed the PC version with the last patch but nope. No matter how much I downgrade the graphics it still doesn't go over 53 FPS according to Fraps. Anyone else have this problem?

Nyoro SF

Until Dead Rising 3 is fixed don't expect updates to USF4.

I take back what I said earlier, I don't think Capcom hired 2 people to work on their PC titles. I think they hired 1 person.

Coda

PC might have the shooters and MMOs on lock, but consoles are definitely the master race for action and fighting games. At least all the most responsive and technical ones come out on consoles.

Nyoro SF

PC might have the shooters and MMOs on lock, but consoles are definitely the master race for action and fighting games. At least all the most responsive and technical ones come out on consoles.

Let's not turn this into a console vs. PC war... please?

I'd much rather blow up Capcom for not doing their job properly.

Coda

Let's not turn this into a console vs. PC war... please?

I'd much rather blow up Capcom for not doing their job properly.

I wasn't really trying to, but I can see how it sounded like that. Just kinda my opinion on the matter. All the big fighting game releases happen on console first. Which is why eventually I'm going to have to order a PS4.

Might try to pick up that silver Dragon Quest one.

ps4-silver-slime1.jpg

Nyoro SF

I wasn't really trying to, but I can see how it sounded like that. Just kinda my opinion on the matter. All the big fighting game releases happen on console first. Which is why eventually I'm going to have to order a PS4.

Might try to pick up that silver Dragon Quest one.

ps4-silver-slime1.jpg

I don't particularly mind if consoles get the games first as long as a PC version comes close after really. Just didn't want this thread to devolve into list wars of genre types.

Seeing how PC's netcode is still being infected with garbage data and some blowhard from a month ago was congratulating capcom just makes me face-desk. Just enjoying some Skullgirls in the meantime with their netcode that's so slick I can't even get mad when I lose.

alstein

Skullgirls is better on PC. Other games could be as well, it's just lack of effort on the publishers part.

It's a pain to play as him, too. The dude just wants to score some water for his village, ffs. Give the man a smidge more health and stun.
Balrog also punched his favorite elephant to death, and the skulls he wears around his neck are from the village children who didn't survive. Dude's life is a struggle.

If it's a pain to play as and against Dhalsim maybe they should just delete him from the next street fighter.

Fucking teleports
Talking smack about my main now too? Gaining more uncool points with each passing day.
chansub-global-emoticon-1ddcc54d77fc4a61-28x28.png

the neutral is my struggle. i guess most of the game boils down to whiff punishing short scissors into knockdown into ... the 'unblockable." but bipson still has more than enough ways to get out of kunai/j.short situations.

jlai

the neutral is my struggle. i guess most of the game boils down to whiff punishing short scissors into knockdown into ... the 'unblockable." but bipson still has more than enough ways to get out of kunai/j.short situations.

your neutral sucks cause all you do is full screen random ex neckbreaker and ex kunai

Sim Mirrors, how do they work? Reflected Fires burn him too. Dhalsim just loves to mess with people, doesn't he?

Sim vs Sim is 2-8. The poor guy can't even get a decent matcup against himself.

Would be hilarious if flame attacks did 0 damage in mirrors, and against Rose.

Myn

I tried playing in public lobbies, and I didn't realize how stupid online players can be. :\ How do people have fun with this game running unsafe shit and just playing brainless over and over?

mbpm1

I tried playing in public lobbies, and I didn't realize how stupid online players can be. :\ How do people have fun with this game running unsafe shit and just playing brainless over and over?

Bait Ultra once and punish with own Ultra
Bait wakeup reversal and punish again
Get hit by wakeup Ultra again bc he lost enough health to get another
Lose

>_<

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

Some really moronic Guy player in a nutshell.

Top Bottom