• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Platy

Street Fighter people !

A friend bought 2 years ago Super Street Fighter IV AE from the Capcom Store.

"too many games to play" and all that ... and he can't use his game key because ... games for windows live is now dead.

Do you people know if there is anything he can do to have his game like on steam or something ?

Myn

Street Fighter people !

A friend bought 2 years ago Super Street Fighter IV AE from the Capcom Store.

"too many games to play" and all that ... and he can't use his game key because ... games for windows live is now dead.

Do you people know if there is anything he can do to have his game like on steam or something ?

I'm pretty sure people who have purchased the GFWL version and still have their key can put it into Steam and get it in their library for free. Of course, to play it he'd have to buy the $15 upgrade to play Ultra.

just-do-it.jpg

You have the best Guy i've ever seen - Justin Wong 2014

mbpm1

It also feels really good to gamble like that and win. It's been a long slow road to train my urge to dp on opponent's wakeup out of my system.

I got that read and I was right! How many times can I keep doing it? Did it again! I'm so god- oh he backdashed and he ultra'd me and I died. Welp. Maybe the next player will fall for it.

cHaotix8

It also feels really good to gamble like that and win. It's been a long slow road to train my urge to dp on opponent's wakeup out of my system.

I got that read and I was right! How many times can I keep doing it? Did it again! I'm so god- oh he backdashed and he ultra'd me and I died. Welp. Maybe the next player will fall for it.

No! You have to time the DP to catch backdash as well. Never give up the dream!

I tried playing in public lobbies, and I didn't realize how stupid online players can be. :\ How do people have fun with this game running unsafe shit and just playing brainless over and over?

Because it's a game, and when i am in an endless lobby i ain't trying, just having fun, I don't take it seriously, in a lobby i never play my main always a character i suck with or just go random..

Because it's a game, and when i am in an endless lobby i ain't trying, just having fun, I don't take it seriously, in a lobby i never play my main always a character i suck with or just go random..

this.

when i'm in endless, i'm not going to choose a character more than twice in a row. I'm going to YOLO like i've never YOLO'd before. because there's no points. unless you count the consecutive wins tab on the top.

and in those cases i bust out the branka!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
and he can't use his game key because ... games for windows live is now dead.

Yes he can, provided he has the CD-key. The problem is if he doesn't remember his key. But you said he bought it from Capcom, who should've gave him the CD-key in the receipt.

Simply log into Steam and "redeem CD-key" and put the CD-key in that dialog box. The Steamworks port will allow GfWL keys to convert into Steamworks easily.

USD

For anyone who plays Poison and uses the BradyGames app or Bible as a primary source for frame data:

Purchased the USFIV JP guide/mook when it came out a few weeks ago. From my experience and testing, the frame data in the mook on Poison is more accurate than the BradyGame app/Bible (though it does have a few mistakes of its own).

One thing the app/Bible omits is that all of Poison's normal attacks (including Elbow Drop) have juggle potential. One unique thing this lets her do is follow an air Lv1 Focus Attack hit with any normal.

The only attacks without any juggle potential are her Focus Attacks and M Kissed by a Goddess (first hit). However, all of Poison's special moves cause free juggle on air hit, with the exception of Kiss by a Goddess (all versions), EX Aeolus Edge and the last hits of Whip of Love (3rd for normal, 4th for EX). The app/Bible lists Kissed by a Goddess as causing free juggle on the first hit, but Goddess (any version) FADC M Goddess (first hit) doesn't work.

The app/Bible lists normal Love Me Tender as being airborne at 9F, and EX Love Me Tender as being airborne on 6F, but it's actually 11F and 8F, respectively. She does have foot invincibility starting on 9F and 6F.

The Bible lists H Kissed by a Goddess as being 1-12F strike invincible (the app doesn't list this invincibility at all), but it's actually 1-11F.

The mistakes I know of in the mook:

The 3rd hit of Whip of Love is listed as having 10/20 meter build (10 for activation, 20 on hit). From my testing it's 10/10.

The app/Bible lists L/M/H/EX Kissed by a Goddess as begin airborne starting at 11F/11F/20F/13F, respectively. The mook lists 10F/10F/10F/4F. From my own testing, those numbers should be 10F/10F/19F/7F.

alstein

I tried playing in public lobbies, and I didn't realize how stupid online players can be. :\ How do people have fun with this game running unsafe shit and just playing brainless over and over?

You never know what the other person is truly thinking- you might think something is stupid, and it might not be stupid. Sometimes it is though.

Tesseract

Banned
here's some pc patch news:

wbacon [capcom]: hey there, I'm done with meetings today, finally
darksamus: hehehe
wbacon [capcom]: par for the course
darksamus: indeed
darksamus: so anyway, gotta ask.
wbacon [capcom]: sure
darksamus: Any progress on a new patch for usf4?
wbacon [capcom]: oh sure.
wbacon [capcom]: I've been pinging them regularly to see if they're able to share anything with the community
wbacon [capcom]: I know they're working on another patch specifically for the PC. perhaps another beta, but they also have a separate roll-up patch/title update that encompasses all SKUs
darksamus: seems fair
darksamus: so there are 2 patches in the works or is it likely they are going to be rolled into one patch for PC?
wbacon [capcom]: I know it's frustrating for the community, but I think the fighting team wants to have substantial enough information to get the PC community back on track.
wbacon [capcom]: my hands are somewhat tied until they can give me the greenlight
darksamus: fair call.
darksamus: I honestly think you should post just to say "Whhels are in motion" though
darksamus: *wheels
wbacon [capcom]: I think that's what they're trying to determine. whether to combine the off-cycle patch with the all-encompassing patch
wbacon [capcom]: anyways yeah, wheels are definitely in motion
wbacon [capcom]: At this stage the fighting team wants to come up with a newsworthy message instead of an ambigous we're working on it without a specific ETA
darksamus: I see
wbacon [capcom]: They have much respect for the dedicated fighting community, and they know a half-♥♥♥♥♥ answer will not cut it and will only aggravate them more.
wbacon [capcom]: but I think they're pretty close to share some news
wbacon [capcom]: that's where I come in. as soon as I have the info and their blessing to share, I'll be all over the forums
darksamus: ok
darksamus: I'll tell people what you have told me and I'll help to get people to know you're hands are tied for the most part
darksamus: it all comes down to the fighting team at this point
wbacon [capcom]: Yep, FG team pretty much. I can't go rogue and start blabbering at this point since it has much to do with the overall direction where USF4 will be heading. As I said before, there's still much to evolve. Which means more updates to USF4 across all SKUs.
darksamus: fair enough
wbacon [capcom]: They also need to get that first major Title Update out and level the playing field across all SKUs too. I'm sure they're getting lots of feedback on bugs, balancing issues, and feature requests across all platforms. So they need to prioritize and see which ones are feasible and then determine when to implement and then roll them out
darksamus: well I hope it's a fun job for them
wbacon [capcom]: well they do live and breath street fighter :)
darksamus: indeed
wbacon [capcom]: they also enjoy running Capcom Pro Tour
wbacon [capcom]: they aspire to make it the next LoL
darksamus: ;)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Great news! They need to fix stuff like challenges still being Ssf IV only, and most importantly the terrible netcode

Glad to hear they're still working on it and they seem to really care about getting it right.

On another note, do any of you guys ever look yourself up on Youtube just to see if any of your matches get uploaded? All I got is me getting bodied this month and I remember these matches to. I lose to a couple of Sagat players who may or may not be the same guy(you can change your name at will on Steam I think). He zoned and used tiger knee pretty effectively against me. And he kept waking up with DP against me, but I kept getting hit by it. Only other thing I noticed is that he might be a turbo user because who the hell needs to press the heavy button 5 times to throw one fireball.

Then some Rose player uploaded his stream which I entered his room and lost 3 times because Rose is such a pain in the ass to fight as Evil Ryu. Then I lose to a Blanka player who kept jumping and would go for reversals after I anti-air'd with cr. HP. Towards the end of the match I failed to use my Ultra twice to punish something. On the 3rd try I finally get it out but I lose from a trade because I activated it too late. I do remember getting him back, but of course nobody uploads their losses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KMztqFud9c

And speaking of uploading ones own losses, I see that I'm 12-7 in matches that I've uploaded myself. Still more wins than losses, but at least I'm realistic about not being unstoppable or only showing videos of myself looking good unlike most others lol.

Glad to hear they're still working on it and they seem to really care about getting it right.

On another note, do any of you guys ever look yourself up on Youtube just to see if any of your matches get uploaded? All I got is me getting bodied this month and I remember these matches to. I lose to a couple of Sagat players who may or may not be the same guy(you can change your name at will on Steam I think). He zoned and used tiger knee pretty effectively against me. And he kept waking up with DP against me, but I kept getting hit by it. Only other thing I noticed is that he might be a turbo user because who the hell needs to press the heavy button 5 times to throw one fireball.

Then some Rose player uploaded his stream which I entered his room and lost 3 times because Rose is such a pain in the ass to fight as Evil Ryu. Then I lose to a Blanka player who kept jumping and would go for reversals after I anti-air'd with cr. HP. Towards the end of the match I failed to use my Ultra twice to punish something. On the 3rd try I finally get it out but I lose from a trade because I activated it too late. I do remember getting him back, but of course nobody uploads their losses.

And speaking of uploading ones own losses, I see that I'm 12-7 in matches that I've uploaded myself. Still more wins than losses, but at least I'm realistic about not being unstoppable or only showing videos of myself looking good unlike most others lol.

There's not a whole lot of footage of my online play out there, at least not in Street Fighter apparently. From what I could find, there's me winning a Pokemon Tournament (using specific body styles), me losing a Dissidia tournament, and that's pretty much it.

alstein

The only vids of me are of me losing in 3d fighters at last year's TFC (worst-run tournament I've ever been to, and not just because I was sick as hell that day)

That said people would probably just laugh at my play.

hitsugi

People tend to not upload their losses, that's definitely true. I took a quick look on youtube but only found a couple of matches between you and some Sagat player - probably the one you mentioned doing random DPs. I want to see some of those loops man!

cHaotix8

I think all my losses that are uploaded are from tournaments and extended sets except that one laggy Sakura player who only uploaded the one game they won. :(

I just bought Ultra on Steam I'm not very good but I'm down to play y'all Steam folks. I plan on maining Evil Ryu.
I am also running into a problem when I run the game my stick works but as soon as I try to go to full screen my stick no longer works.
SteamID: FadedRevolution

Stuneseht

Man is rolento a hard character to pick up. I feel like he really has no get out of jail moves. Also how in the world do I deal with people who turtle; I feel like I always have to be on the offensive.

I also noticed that rolento's arms are extremely tanned and his legs are pale, while playing in his summer outfit... I guess Capcom is paying attention to detail considering that his default outfit has his legs covered

hitsugi

My god I need more experience vs Hugo. Constantly whiffing pokes inside of him, and today I had a fully charged focus whiff on a dizzied Hugo.

Top Bottom