• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

So if I buy SSF4 AE right now, I can then buy Ultra for $15 and be able to play it tomorrow(PS3)?. My finger is on the trigger right now. I haven't played since SF4 but played the hell out of it..

Onemic

He's worse off but he definitely doesn't have worse damage than akuma. He can easily get 400+ damage with just two bars.

Yup, only problem is that his poor mobility makes it harder for him to get into those situations. Overall it feels like Oni got nerfed rather than buffed, which makes no sense considering he was worse than E.Ryu in AE2012.

Wao even said he's gonna drop Oni for E.Ryu in Ultra now. Oni can now join Deejay and sim in the bad characters that got nerfed even more category.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
So if I buy SSF4 AE right now, I can then buy Ultra for $15 and be able to play it tomorrow(PS3)?. My finger is on the trigger right now. I haven't played since SF4 but played the hell out of it..

It's definitely improved, minus those who think against it. I'd say it would be well worth it.
You'll really like having the larger roster. It's shocking how much it has grown.

notworksafe

if you buy ae right now, you can also buy ultra right now for $15 and be able to play it at 9pm pdt. even better!

Yup, only problem is that his poor mobility makes it harder for him to get into those situations. Overall it feels like Oni got nerfed rather than buffed, which makes no sense considering he was worse than E.Ryu in AE2012.

Wao even said he's gonna drop Oni for E.Ryu in Ultra now. Oni can now join Deejay and sim in the bad characters that got nerfed even more category.

Emergency godlike buffs for Oni, Deejay and Sim incoming in day 1 patch. You heard it here first ;)

Wynnebeck

Banned
lol Watch Sanford Kelly take Oni and bop everyone at a major.

"YOOOO ONI IS ACTUALLY GODLIKE!?"

That's why I don't place too much stock into Theory Fighter because none of it matters when you catch that st.RH to the mouth and screws up your "plan". Just go in and body cats.

Crisium

Evil Ryu is going to be so popular now. I see no reason he isn't top 5, if not top 3 this time around. A LOT of pros are jumping on the bandwagon. And yet despite people testifying that he didn't need 950 health, they still did it anyway. Just think, every match that in Evil Ryu beats you by a sliver of health is a match you actually won.

It's definitely improved, minus those who think against it. I'd say it would be well worth it.
You'll really like having the larger roster. It's shocking how much it has grown.

if you buy ae right now, you can also buy ultra right now for $15 and be able to play it at 9pm pdt. even better!

Damn, alright! One more question. Am I able to do the upgrade with a retail copy? Because it's like half the price on Amazon. Also is there a time limit to do the upgrade? Since I won't get it from Amazon until probably Thursday. Can I just buy the Ultra DLC now and when I get the retail copy, I can upgrade and start playing?

Sorry for all the questions.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Damn, alright! One more question. Am I able to do the upgrade with a retail copy? Because it's like half the price on Amazon. Also is there a time limit to do the upgrade? Since I won't get it from Amazon until probably Thursday. Can I just buy the Ultra DLC now and when I get the retail copy, I can upgrade and start playing?

Sorry for all the questions.

Sounds right. You can always buy DLC without the game, then just insert the disc and load the DLC. That's how I'm doing it. I've owned each copy and upgraded via physical copy. Now I'll just use my retail copy of AE with the DLC.

MilesTeg

Banned
You could buy the full retail AE and upgrade.... maybe? But would be 45 bux. :(

Yeah, I dunno. Kinda low on cash, and I've already spent a decent amount on SSFIV. Like I bought the game originally for $40, spent $15 on AE...another $45 is pushing it. Lot to ask, especially considering this will probably release on PS4 at some point too. Really wish I could just download SSFIV vanilla for $9.99 or so and then upgrade.

xCobalt

I don't think Oni is a bad character. They did improve his toward mk which was already pretty good. It's now on par with Ken's step kick in terms of startup. Losing invincibility on his ground pound was a pretty big nerf but he does have DP FADC now. I think Oni player's will have to change their styles to be a bit more conservative.

Damn you Gaf!

xr5i7YNl.jpg

zEv7qX3l.jpg

Will arrive Wednesday! Damn I haven't played SF in years. Is El Fuerte still any good?

Skilletor

What's this I hear about a frame data app?

There's an official frame data app coming out tomorrow for iOS and android.

I just picked up my code from gamestop for 360. If you paid it off and have a powerup card, the code for the game will be under digital locker for your account.

Gordeli

I suck at landing Ultras with FADC cancel, how can i benefit from the Red focus? Is it really worth it to even waste the meter?

There's an official frame data app coming out tomorrow for iOS and android.

I just picked up my code from gamestop for 360. If you paid it off and have a powerup card, the code for the game will be under digital locker for your account.

Can anyone download the app tomorrow? Think it'll cost muneys?

oroboros

I suck at landing Ultras with FADC cancel, how can i benefit from the Red focus? Is it really worth it to even waste the meter?

Depending on your character, yeah red focus combos can be worth it. And using red focus into Ultra will be worth more than missing FADC into Ultra or not using your Ultra at all for fear of missing.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I wonder if this will really unlock at midnight on PSN for those who preloaded, or it'll have to wait until Sony does the store update tomorrow after 5pm est. (I have it pre-loaded.)

oroboros

lol, hey that's who I used in SF4. I did pretty decent with him. I'll never be a great SF player, I'm just enjoying myself. So I guess he's even worse now?

Fuerte in Ultra is most likely his best version so far, he got some pretty decent buffs. Delayed wakeup is going to hurt his offense though.

Ibuki

Banned
Can we still preload on psn? Trying to preorder but it keeps saying "This product cannot be purchased at this time."

I was able to pre-order and queue the download from the SEN website, you might want to try that if you haven't already. The update is nearly finished installing as well.

Top Bottom