• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

First off, if true, that would be ridiculous. There's no reason for this one character out of 40+ to inexplicably be different.

Second, I've heard that excuse, and there's absolutely no visual indication that he's "getting up." He's already up, with the birds/skulls, in the exact same position he's in for the rest of his stun animation.

First off, if true, that would be ridiculous. There's no reason for this one character out of 40+ to inexplicably be different.

Second, I've heard that excuse, and there's absolutely no visual indication that he's "getting up." He's already up, with the birds/skulls, in the exact same position he's in for the rest of his stun animation.

Everyone gets up differently when they're stunned. You can go to training and see for yourself. And everyone already has the dizzy notifier the second they're stunned, they don't show up once they're on the ground. Hugo gets on his knees, then bends forward. Once he's on his knees, he can be hit. You can see it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp9t8K2x2hE

Everyone gets up differently when they're stunned. You can go to training and see for yourself. And everyone already has the dizzy notifier the second they're stunned, they don't show up once they're on the ground. Hugo gets on his knees, then bends forward. Once he's on his knees, he can be hit. You can see it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp9t8K2x2hE

But the focus timing is the same on practically every character. How is that focus attack hitting Hugo? Would miss for certain with Ryu or Edgy Ryu. I don't know the actual frame data on stuns or anything, but something is wrong with Hugo's.

Kaleinc

Banned
Without a doubt it's fucked up, I have seen moves hit with no fucking contact in versus mode offline, it's as though the hit box stay up in the air for an extra second, Ultra is a pile of shit, sry i uninstalled SSF4 GWFL, i don't know if MS killed the service completely yet, but up until a few days before the PC launch of Ultra there were people still playing SSF4 on GWFL..
GFWL works like a charm, I even found someone in Vanilla the other day.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wow. Just literally found out minutes ago.

The old regs would know him. Mr Grimmz just passed away last night on the TRB. You can actually see him have a heart attack on stream. He mainly plays KI nowadays but he was one of the best Ryus back during Super and picked up Oni during AE.

RIP. Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family. He was a legit good guy.

hypernima

Banned

The old regs would know him. Mr Grimmz just passed away last night on the TRB. You can actually see him have a heart attack on stream. He mainly plays KI nowadays but he was one of the best Ryus back during Super and picked up Oni during AE.

Seeing this on stream and hearing it was heartbreaking :(
RIP

wrong guy.

Gotta love starting a ranked session off 0-5:(

I haven't lost 5 straight.. but damn.

After I lose one, I go into the next one unfocused/angry then play stupid and unstable. Then shit just gets sloppy.

I have won 55 or more straight games in ranked at a point tho

Dubz

I haven't lost 5 straight.. but damn.

After I lose one, I go into the next one unfocused/angry then play stupid and unstable. Then shit just gets sloppy.

I have won 55 or more straight games in ranked at a point tho
You're a better man than me. It's been a couple weeks. just won 3 in a row. My best is about 24 on the 360. Currently on Steam.

Myn

I think my glory days in ranked were running into #1 ranked players and beating them clean
the first night Ultra was out :(

I haven't put serious time into ranked since super, but I think I had like 30+ wins in a row at one point.

I'm kinda curious how many straight wins I can get with Elena. I've been on a roll with her in endless. People just don't know the matchup.

I bet I'm gonna get slaughtered once someone does know it though.

Robot Pants

I haven't put serious time into ranked since super, but I think I had like 30+ wins in a row at one point.

I'm kinda curious how many straight wins I can get with Elena. I've been on a roll with her in endless. People just don't know the matchup.

You will and the community will simultaneously rejoice

kirblar

Sako's 11-0 with her in Topanga's B-League. It took a lot of time for people to catch onto Lynx Tail being usable as a mixup due to the different punish timings.

hitsugi

I don't understand the purpose of the latest patch on PC... Capcom acknowledged an entirely different set of issues pertaining to the netcode, but ignored all of them. What?

They should be taking notes from Blizzard on how to handle community uproars.

T. Hawk is fucking cheap

that is all

played a set against this Honda/Hawk player. Looking at the replay and now I understand how he was hitting those exhands loop with Honda

TURBO.

Myn

I played USF4 with the newest update and started noticing Decapre dropping from stuff. I did ERyu's axe kick combo, restanding them with HP but when I did cr.MP > tatsu it whiffed...

kiaaa

I played USF4 with the newest update and started noticing Decapre dropping from stuff. I did ERyu's axe kick combo, restanding them with HP but when I did cr.MP > tatsu it whiffed...

That has always whiffed. You need to use cr.LP.

hitsugi

Yeah.. PC may actually be worse after this patch, if anything at all. Back to (what is now) the only playable version of this game D: jesus

And yet Dee Jay 7-3's both of them. (maybe 6-4 on Hawk, but still in his favor)

L

M

A

O

REAL TEARS YO

REAL FUCKIN

TEARS

iSaNRWh1y5dI3.gif

If you're playing a random Tony Hawk you better expect to get rolled a couple times. Then play him yourself and those lucky Condor Dives become SICK READS.

Back dash? Condor dive
Block? No condor dive, empty jump grab
jump away? down HP >
Trade? He eats those

I'm using him now fuck that. this character is too cheap, I gotta get my rounds before the nerf.

There's so many levels to how trash Capcom is at balancing games

#LEVELS

and incase y'all think I'm simply salty, I did beat the Hawk players I was playing, I went months without playing one in AE2012, now they're everywhere. All dumb as fuck

a decapre did an air spiral arrow, for some reason my first instinct with hawk was to do a U1.. and I just do a standing U1 like it was nothing lol I've never been able to do that with any grappler ayyyyy best hawk on gaf right here y'all

Hawk is the truth.

I wanna say Hawk hate isn't justified because he's a grappler, but then I remember that I hate Dee Jay and he sucks ass. Supposedly. Dude is actually top tier. Fuck him, my hate is for good reason.

mbpm1

Played some games against a decent Elena.

The matchup for Ken is just terrible. Learning how to fight it only goes so far when you're completely outgunned on the ground and your typical methods for getting in are easily countered by Elena's attacks.

That said, learning the matchup is critical for avoiding and punishing properly random slides/rhino horns and some of her longer ranged pokes.

Top Bottom