• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Marz

Blackule in here salty as fuck about THawk while he probly cheesing up XBox Live with cheap ass Rose and Elena.....smdh.

i have more respect for adons who beat me than SNK shenanigans bullshit thats c viper

LOL IS IT A CROSS OVER? IS IT AN OVERHEAD? WHO THE FUCK CAN TELL WITH ALL THE SHIT COMING OUT HER FEET

mbpm1

Started playing Gief because
fuck Elena
Snake-Eyez sold me on the character.

Day 0 gief is so dumb. Since I can't SPD consistently people correctly guess jump away and get hit by close fierce or whatever. Also consistent short into gh is way harder than it looks lol. The struggle is definitely real with this guy. Still, it's a lot of fun to react U2 to jumpy shotos. I'll stick with him and see how it turns out.

People really hate to block when they play T.Hawk.

i feel like i have a suppository in my butt everytime i fight hawk.

he gets within spd range and i gotta 2nd guess everything i do cause he has the tools to shut down everything.

he jumps in the air

"oh shit, do i block the condor dive. no wait he's going to empty jump super! he's too deep in the air, definitely empty jump super, time to jump away!"

TOMAHAWK

the character is very pure though. so i dont fault it.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Going to complain a bit here:

So I drop from 1.4k PP and 4.6kBP to less than 1k and 3.9k in the last 3 days playing Juri. I am "this" close to throwing my stick on the floor, but I was too cheap.

I think I need a break, I felt like I am getting worst the more I play. I am developing a phobia for grabber and dive kicker.

Marz

Going to complain a bit here:

So I drop from 1.4k PP and 4.6kBP to less than 1k and 3.9k in the last 3 days playing Juri. I am "this" close to throwing my stick on the floor, but I was too cheap.

I think I need a break, I felt like I am getting worst the more I play. I am developing a phobia for grabber and dive kicker.

Post up some matches for us to help.

xCobalt

I will when I got home and upload some terrible matches. The PC version had built in your YouTube upload right?

edit:

Okay done, feel free to comment! God it is painful to watch some of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjKBGeoymq4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NaO55zp3Ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EoxMWa-kmc

Your offense needs a lot of work. You basically start all your attacks with a jump. Even when you were next to the opponent or had them cornered, you started with a jump attack. Learn to pressure the opponent if you knock them down and mix up your attacks more. I don't play juri but I'm sure someone here can help you utilize all of her normals aside from hk and improve your footsies.

You also need to start anti airing. That E.Ryu player knew you couldn't anti air and all he did was dive kick.

I will when I got home and upload some terrible matches. The PC version had built in your YouTube upload right?

edit:

Okay done, feel free to comment! God it is painful to watch some of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjKBGeoymq4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NaO55zp3Ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EoxMWa-kmc

Second match Poison players loves to Focus the way to combat players like that is to jump in never hitting a button and grab or just dash and grab, players who love to focus grabbing them wrecks their hold style i had one guy curse me out because all i did was grab his 20 attempts at focusing lol

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I did try to AA that E.Ryu with c.mp, the dive kick always mess up my timing of it. I tried c.hp but it came out too slow, may be I should just ex.spin it. The dive kick get really confusing if he is directly on top of me, where it will be a cross up if he use mk, but land in front if it is dive kick. Which is why I keep walking forward trying to block the crossover, but ending up eating a dive kick.

Yeah, I do jump a lot, if I poke on the ground people always light punch out of it.

Your offense needs a lot of work. You basically start all your attacks with a jump. Even when you were next to the opponent or had them cornered, you started with a jump attack. Learn to pressure the opponent if you knock them down and mix up your attacks more. I don't play juri but I'm sure someone here can help you utilize all of her normals aside from hk and improve your footsies.

You also need to start anti airing. That E.Ryu player knew you couldn't anti air and all he did was dive kick.
I was playing against a Gouken player today and he did some grimy shit that I had never seen. In fact I'm gonna pick up Gouken just to do it to other players.

His cl. MK xx hadoken doesn't cause any pushback in the corner when blocked. It also isn't a true blockstring, hell, it won't even combo if you hit the cl. MK. But the fact that he doesn't move backward at all is just jarring and really fucked with me when I wasn't using a character with a decent reversal.

Marz

I was playing against a Gouken player today and he did some grimy shit that I had never seen. In fact I'm gonna pick up Gouken just to do it to other players.

His cl. MK xx hadoken doesn't cause any pushback in the corner when blocked. It also isn't a true blockstring, hell, it won't even combo if you hit the cl. MK. But the fact that he doesn't move backward at all is just jarring and really fucked with me when I wasn't using a character with a decent reversal.

FT3 - Sonic (Dhalsim) vs. Infiltration (Gouken) -…: http://youtu.be/V0U8lCrrirw

xCobalt

That little loop has been around for awhile. Really funny to watch when it happens. I remember seeing infiltration doing that to some dhalsim player. Every character can just throw him between the mk and fireball.

Edit: Marz posted the video I was talking about lol

Marz

That little loop has been around for awhile. Really funny to watch when it happens. I remember seeing infiltration doing that to some dhalsim player. Every character can just throw him between the mk and fireball.

Can't you option select a grab in there? Thought that's what Infil does.

Yeah I figured something out once he did it the second time. But it was just such a what the fuck moment. I ended up just throwing out a jab after the mk. I really like that shit though. Not many Gouken players around, so I know it'll be good for a round ender or two.

I basically live and survive off of gimmicks, haha.

Robot Pants

So I beat Low Tier God's Rolento the other day and he sent me a salty message afterwards claiming I was just another sloppy online scrub.

I told him to stay mad and keep spamming PPP (Patriot roll?), which is all he did the last round. God that guy is such a joke.

kasane

i want to switch to evil ryu but i already got into the habit of using akumas far roundhouse for pursuit. Couple games with evil ryu and i was using the round house stupidly

lol

Needlecrash

We're having our monthly tourney @ Xanadu Games tomorrow (10/25). USF4, UMvC3 and other will be in attendance and Airjuggle is doing the streaming if anyone is interested in watching.

hitsugi

i want to switch to evil ryu but i already got into the habit of using akumas far roundhouse for pursuit. Couple games with evil ryu and i was using the round house stupidly

lol

Evil Ryu plays a much more grounded game.. with fewer options by comparison to Akuma. Just have to tell yourself to be patient and not jump (often).

cHaotix8

Think the one big thing keeping me from doing better against you is just not being able to antiair properly. Jumps that I don't anticipate are the bane of my existence.

Yeah, if I can jump at Elena then it's pretty much a wrap. Her mp is an easy anti air though. Better to trade with that than block a jump rh and have to deal with a mixup.

So I beat Low Tier God's Rolento the other day and he sent me a salty message afterwards claiming I was just another sloppy online scrub.

I told him to stay mad and keep spamming PPP (Patriot roll?), which is all he did the last round. God that guy is such a joke.

nice! I love hearing stories about his ass getting beat down.

Yeah, if I can jump at Elena then it's pretty much a wrap. Her mp is an easy anti air though. Better to trade with that than block a jump rh and have to deal with a mixup.

Dudley's jumping HK is one of the hardest moves in the game for me to consistently AA. I hate it so so so so much. And even if I trade with an airborne move, I just go splat and Dudley ends up in good position.

Fortunately there are very few good Dudley players around.

DunpealD

I had 15 matches and only 1 win...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTHMq3XJElI
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCF6ZTck8SY
Are just a sample of my set for the week.

Didn't see much of a progress in your vids. Maybe you should check her framedata for better understanding.

Juri in general doesn't dish out much damage. But your Juri does close to nothing. I'd say it would be a good start to work on your punishing combos and hit confirm combos(c.lk linking into c.lk into mk wheel kick) next.

petran79

Banned
I think I'll settle for Elena, despite her difficulty, since I used to play her in 3S.

Regarding 3S characters in SF4, Makoto has to be the most stripped down conversion ever. Nothing of the 3S powerhouse, plus additional execution requirements and slow speed, Liked to play her in 3S, here not so much.

Not that Elena is any better but at least she's got mobility.

but the SF4 hitbox system is a mess. I tried to beat Seth on Hardest mode with Elena to no avail. Thought of giving up. Then I remembered someone's advice of picking Zangief and doing Lariat or 360p motions. The CPU AI would fall for this. Beat Seth on first effort without sweat. A cold shudder went down my spine as to what was waiting Elena online...

Top Bottom