• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Tirael

To be fair, Omega Abel LOST a bunch of moves as well, and plays as an almost entirely new character.

Oh, I didn't know that. I'm not familiar with Abel, and the moves list Combofiend put out labels new moves, but doesn't note lost ones. My bad.

U1 doesn't hit by design and if U2 were to hit airborne opponent with full animation that would actually be closer to a nerf. U2 full animation moves Dudley and his opponent away from the corner in addition to that it also puts substantial space between him and his opponent, which means Dudley loses corner pressure and setup opportunity in favor of slightly more damage.

Completely slipped my mind. Frequently cinematic U2 gets a KO, so quite often I don't have to worry about losing the corner. Thank you for enlightening me.

Anyone want to play on Xbox?

I played a bit of Omega mode online and.. nah breh. I gotta learn all these new attacks and shit. too crazy. plus I haven't played in over a month

fauxtrot

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but are there any sites/articles that give a good analysis on the changes in Omega Mode? Something a little deeper than just a list of move additions/changes, preferably... thanks y'all.

DunpealD

Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but are there any sites/articles that give a good analysis on the changes in Omega Mode? Something a little deeper than just a list of move additions/changes, preferably... thanks y'all.

Nope, I don't think there's anything like that out there. The patch just got released and Capcom doesn't release data outside of patch notes.
Best thing you can get are bits and pieces, due to it a fun mode and attracting less interest for deeper analysis.

Omega mode is fun but I feel like some characters got extra attention, while others were just given shit in order to rush it out before the end of the year..

Top Bottom