• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

mbpm1

Reacting to Juri's EX Divekick attempt to chip with Ryu's Ultra 1 is too fucking hype

She started the divekick from almost right above me too. Felt like Ryan Hart for a few rounds.

I been practicing using Juri's pinwheel like a ghetto Bipson Scissor kick. But I ponder if it's futile.

honestly. its not so bad if you want the person to block more often...but like the post above said if they have good confirms you will wish you were dead after trying it. it should ONLY be the lk pin for pressure. mk pin is for hit confirms. hk pin is for blatant heavy jumpins or deep meaty mids. max range mid + hk pin = opponent might be able to block due to the startup on hk pin

cHaotix8

I like the buffs to Elena, it makes her footsie game a lot stronger. Thinking of picking her up as my true secondary character.

Elena players, how does she do against Chun? I would think it would maybe be even?

I like the buffs to Elena, it makes her footsie game a lot stronger. Thinking of picking her up as my true secondary character.

Elena players, how does she do against Chun? I would think it would maybe be even?

I don't have too much knowledge on the matchup but here's my thoughts:

-You can keep chun out the air easily with st.mp or early non ex DP's because she's so floaty
-Chun can punish mk/hk lynx tail's with U1
-Elena can't slide under Chun's fireballs because they're too low
-OS Slide can punish Chun's backdash
-Only use healing off of a setup when she has U1 lol

Apart from that, I don't really know much.

I found out something pretty funny with the Elena/Fuerte matchup last night when I was playing an Elf player.

He did backdash on wakeup so often that I stopped trying to OS and just kept sliding on his wakeup. Whenever he'd do a wakeup ex.Q bomb the slide would completely low profile the attack and then he's free to get punished in recovery lol.

cHaotix8

Anyone up for some games on PC?

I don't have too much knowledge on the matchup but here's my thoughts:

-You can keep chun out the air easily with st.mp or early non ex DP's because she's so floaty
-Chun can punish mk/hk lynx tail's with U1
-Elena can't slide under Chun's fireballs because they're too low
-OS Slide can punish Chun's backdash
-Only use healing off of a setup when she has U1 lol

Apart from that, I don't really know much.

I found out something pretty funny with the Elena/Fuerte matchup last night when I was playing an Elf player.

He did backdash on wakeup so often that I stopped trying to OS and just kept sliding on his wakeup. Whenever he'd do a wakeup ex.Q bomb the slide would completely low profile the attack and then he's free to get punished in recovery lol.

Cool, I'll keep this in mind. The slide thing against fuerte seems pretty good if they don't have Ultra 2.

vg260

This was posted yesterday on Steam:
Hello SSFIV: AE & USFIV players,

We’ve received a lot of feedback from the Steam fighting game community regarding network connectivity and performance since SSFIV: AE’s migration to Steam. Unfortunately, the 'netcode issue' is a rather complex matter that cannot be exclusively pinned down to the game code or the Steam client.

As some of you have noted, Valve recently made some tweaks to the network API that should help improve matters. However, it’s not a fundamental fix since Valve cannot make drastic changes to the core P2P network design when there are thousands of other games that depend on it. The development team will continue following up with Steam engineers to identify other solutions that don’t require a complete redesign of USFIV's matchmaking/lobby system. We'll keep you posted on our progress.

In the meantime, we recommend Street Fighter players update their Steam client to the latest beta version with the improved P2P netcode. You can opt in to Beta by selecting Settings --> Account --> Beta participation --> Change… --> Steam Beta Update. Another tweak that may also help reduce the stalling effect is to reduce the “Max pings / minute” settings to 1500 or less in the Steam Settings Menu. The option can be found under Settings --> In-Game --> In-Game server browser: Max pings / minute.

Once again, we’ll do our best to keep everyone updated as soon as additional progress is made.

Thank you all for your continued support and patience.

-Capcom Fighting Team

hitsugi

So in other words: We'll do anything besides actually redesign our matchmaking to match up with Steam's network design.

hitsugi

You expect them to gut their system like that?

Never said anything even remotely close to that; just simplifying their statement. They chose to port it to steam - they should have seen some of the implications coming.

I got a 360 long ago for online play.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Dhalsim doesn't really have that many useful option selects so I haven't had much practice doing them over the years. Trying to learn them now for other characters is hard.

Top Bottom