• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Deps

Xbox gt: Depstar
Region: Midwest (Ohio)

If anyone wants to play. I play a lot of characters, but mainly Bison and Makoto.

Quadratic

I want to learn and pick up Ibuki as a main in Ultra. How was she changed? She's not at all considered high tier right? Do any pro's play her exclusively?

Marz

I want to learn and pick up Ibuki as a main in Ultra. How was she changed? She's not at all considered high tier right? Do any pro's play her exclusively?

She was considered top 5 in AE and she got buffed for this version....so yeah.

Sako plays her but not exclusively.

hitsugi

She was considered top 5 in AE and she got buffed for this version....so yeah.

Sako plays her but not exclusively.

Her play style is going to be fairly different this time around, though. No doubts she'll still be very, very strong

she's good. she got nothing but buffs. new shimauta and ex pugera are up there. sako plays her sometimes. and she was always mid to high tier.

Everyone on psn downloaded and installed already?

Morro I'm with you on chat.

Edit: I have no idea how this preorder / download crap works now.

Skab

She's a transexual in the US version of SF.

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Poison

They always go back on what they say about it, and then just say they leave it up to the fans.

She was originally intended to be a normal female, and Roxy is in fact a normal female as well. I personally think they just don't want to really commit one way or the other on Poison, but they treat her as female so she may as well be one officially IMO.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Her play style is going to be fairly different this time around, though. No doubts she'll still be very, very strong

Meh, Red Focus and delayed wakeup is going to limit her vortex effectiveness which I think is what makes her so good in the first place. If she can't vortex you, it's just a matter of keeping her out.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Her vortex isn't really limited in ultra actually.

I didn't say her vortex itself. It's going to be just like Cammy, Akuma, and the rest who can do it. I'm talking about the mechanics being put in place specifically to get around vortex setups and unblockables that resulted from it. She can do it all day if she wants. I just don't see her higher than mid tier this go around.

Onemic

I didn't say her vortex itself. It's going to be just like Cammy, Akuma, and the rest who can do it. I'm talking about the mechanics being put in place specifically to get around vortex setups and unblockables that resulted from it. She can do it all day if she wants. I just don't see her higher than mid tier this go around.

Akuma doesn't really have his vortex anymore because of DWU. Ibuki's is literally untouched. Once you see technical pop up, just st.lk and you can vortex from there.

Marz

On top of that, she's a really good character anyways. She has a million tools and some really underrated normals.

B00TE

Hope USFIV drops for 360 tomorrow. Will actually have a few local people around to fight. My gold just ran out today too, bah.

Imm0rt4l

What I'm saying is delayed wakeup fucks akumas vortex game up. Tokido is thinking about dropping him. Ibuki's vortex is totally unscathed though.

Wynnebeck

Banned
What I'm saying is delayed wakeup fucks akumas vortex game up. Tokido is thinking about dropping him. Ibuki's vortex is totally unscathed though.

Hmm. I'll take a look then. We don't have many Ibuki players here in Southern Virginia so I'll have to watch out.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just tried loading it. No updates...the DLC still isn't recognized.

Never did get confirmation that this was happening at midnight on PSN anyway. Oh well.

foxmedik

Neo Member
Just tried loading it. No updates...the DLC still isn't recognized.

Never did get confirmation that this was happening at midnight on PSN anyway. Oh well.

k "Pre-order Ultra Street Fighter IV Digital Upgrade and receive an exclusive theme for your PS3™ system’s XMB™ menu screen in your download list after checking out. You'll also be able to access the 2014 Challengers Pack, which consists of five unique character costumes: Jungle Elena, Medieval Hugo, Pirate Poison, Wizard Rolento, and Gladiator Decapre, when the digital upgrade releases. Play the game on 6/2/14 starting 9PM PDT."

from the PSN store.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
k "Pre-order Ultra Street Fighter IV Digital Upgrade and receive an exclusive theme for your PS3™ system’s XMB™ menu screen in your download list after checking out. You'll also be able to access the 2014 Challengers Pack, which consists of five unique character costumes: Jungle Elena, Medieval Hugo, Pirate Poison, Wizard Rolento, and Gladiator Decapre, when the digital upgrade releases. Play the game on 6/2/14 starting 9PM PDT."

from the PSN store.

URL?

Top Bottom