• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

My friend showed me his message that Ultra was supposed to release at 9pm, I don't know why they stated that if they're not sure whether to release it now or tomorrow. Just saying.

vulva

It's blatant false advertising. They fucked up. You and I and everyone else who spent time trying to get the game to work when it was advertised wasted their time. Our time has value and we deserve compensation for this farce.

Stop crying it's just a video game.

You mean the direct lies in the game advertising enticing you to buy it under terms that are clearly false? The only mistake is the blatant false advertising?

Haha.. Talk about over reaction. It is still coming out on today for PS3. Just have to wait for the title updates.

It has happened to any DLC that comes out on the PS3. It always comes out super late, and you are like everyone else who over reacts to it because the Sony store always updates later then everyone else.

Calm down. It's Street Fighter and you still get to play it today.

d0c_zaius

It's blatant false advertising. They fucked up. You and I and everyone else who spent time trying to get the game to work when it was advertised wasted their time. Our time has value and we deserve compensation for this farce.

omg just calm down and get some fresh air or something. this is only ultra.

I'm also pretty sure that when you agree to purchase it, there is something in the agreement that protects them against claims like yours.

but you could probably spend 40 mins on PSN and get a 15$ refund and nothing extra for your time spent.

I never get this argument. You are literally on a forum where we talk about games.

thats not talking, thats B****ng and moaning. we are all in the same boat.

I'm not crying, and you're right. It's just a game. A game I paid money for to play at a specific time. This isn't like when Watch_Dogs took 20-30 minutes to unlock after midnight. This is going to be a full day off. It's bullshit. If I pay for amazon overnight shipping and the package arrives late, I absolutely get a refund when I call them up and point it out. How is this any different?

Wynnebeck

Banned

I imagine you look like this right now:

image.php

geomon

He has a legitimate grievance. We paid for the DLC. They advertised it for June 2, 2014 at 12AM/9PM Pacific. It's not here. Can't blame him for being pissed.

Moosehole

I'm not crying, and you're right. It's just a game. A game I paid money for to play at a specific time. This isn't like when Watch_Dogs took 20-30 minutes to unlock after midnight. This is going to be a full day off. It's bullshit. If I pay for amazon overnight shipping and the package arrives late, I absolutely get a refund when I call them up and point it out. How is this any different?
You get your shipping charge refunded. You don't get the game for free. Simmer down.

What's not to get? Having some scope of how big a problem is has nothing to do with where it's being discussed.

When something you paid for is advertised as happening at an exact time and it doesn't happen then it makes sense to be upset.

He has a legitimate grievance. We paid for the DLC. They advertised it for June 2, 2014 at 12AM/9PM Pacific. It's not here. Can't blame him for being pissed.

Exactly.

FSLink

Banned
I am literally crying right now, how dare Sony not give us Ultra on time.

No I'm not fucking serious. I do agree with Snapshot King, it's disappointing, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone would want a refund. I really dislike the "it's just a game" argument here because they paid for something that they were expected to get at a certain time...it's like any business or like a UPS package or whatever....even if it is the notorious PSN store, lol

Espi

Banned

If your package isn't there when you wake up do you cry and demand a refund?

vulva

Fine, they'll refund the cost of shipping for your PSN order.

edit: @EscapingJail

It's fair to be upset but it's still important to have some scope. I was one of the people who booted up their ps3 at 12am etc. I was disappointed but it's far from anything to really care about. It sucks but I can do other things on the interim.

First.. This is an update and not a release of a full game. Like mentioned before, all updates/DLCs etc always have updates later in the afternoon.

I think most will agree that it is odd and pretty dumb how messaging mentioned it would be available at midnight but most also know the nature of Sony's store and how updates require the corresponding title updates.

If you are this frustrated, why not just call Sony and get refunded if it is bother you that much?

You get your shipping charge refunded. You don't get the game for free. Simmer down.

Sure, fine then. I should be partially refunded for my wasted time as a result. And to the score of folks telling me to calm down, I'm not exactly climbing the walls here, but I am mad that as a customer I've been fucked through no fault of my own. It's bullshit. It's a legitimate grievance to not get what you pay for. The only reason I pre-ordered Ultra was because of the early access and the pre-load.

Laconic

Banned
People were expecting a smooth, timely launch? On PSN? Maybe Blizzard is too impactful on my expectations, but they simply were NOT that great. If there are reasonably stable 4 bar connections tomorrow, color me surprised.

You need to slow your roll, cause you're just making a fool of yourself right now.

kingslunk

It's on the add-on part of the store now with Download Now! as an option. Obviously a sony slowdown at the moment. Should be up soon.

Silky

Banned

You're on a video game forum telling someone not to be serious about a video game when that someone has a legitimate complaint.

A ridiculous reaction lead to said legitimate complaint, though.

Astarte

Geez dude, you're really expecting PSN to update on TIME? At least give them a 12 hour leeway.

Moosehole

Sure, fine then. I should be partially refunded for my wasted time as a result. And to the score of folks telling me to calm down, I'm not exactly climbing the walls here, but I am mad that as a customer I've been fucked through no fault of my own. It's bullshit. It's a legitimate grievance to not get what you pay for. The only reason I pre-ordered Ultra was because of the early access and the pre-load.
Call Sony customer service and demand a refund then.

If your package isn't there when you wake up do you cry and demand a refund?

I don't mean to be rude, but why do you keep accusing me of crying? Do you honestly believe I am sitting here with tears in my eyes? To answer your question, no. I pay for prime. If a package is late, despite my paying for prime purely for the faster shipping, I don't cry and bawl like you seem to think I do. I call them up, and either get a partial refund or credit. I'm not sure why this concept is so outlandish to you, that you are a customer and should be valued because you are giving the retailer your dollars.

FSLink

Banned
I'm just imagining Snapshot King's avatar raging at Iron Tager going
SUPER STREET FIGHTER FOUR...[ARCADE EDITION] and it's making the wait better, lol

vulva

You're on a video game forum telling someone not to be serious about a video game when that someone has a legitimate complaint.

A ridiculous reaction lead to said legitimate complaint, though.

So because it's on a video game forum it gives you free license to act like a baby over something so minor?

"early access"

Guess what... If it came out at midnight, and I ordered it right at midnight... I probably would have been playing 30 mins later. So I'm not sure why you think you were paying for 'early access' and using that as a bit in the argument.

Preload sure.. But early access.. what?

FSLink

Banned
So because it's on a video game forum it gives you free license to act like a baby over something so minor?

Nothing from his posts came across as particularly like a baby.

Preload sure.. But early access.. what?

Pre-order Ultra Street Fighter IV Digital Upgrade and receive an exclusive theme for your PS3™ system’s XMB™ menu screen in your download list after checking out. You'll also be able to access the 2014 Challengers Pack, which consists of five unique character costumes: Jungle Elena, Medieval Hugo, Pirate Poison, Wizard Rolento, and Gladiator Decapre, when the digital upgrade releases. Play the game on 6/2/14 starting 9PM PDT.

Mik317

He brings up legit points guys.

He isn't raging about it just stating that it sucks that it's not up when they advertised it to be so.

Just because it's not a big deal doesn't mean it's okay for companies to mislead you.

Top Bottom