• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

stn

Any Makoto players here?
Do you find it difficult to do forward lp into Hayate. I keep getting Fukiage.
I don't play Makoto at all but I'm assuming you want:

F+LP xx QCF+P?

If yes, you have to go back to neutral after you press "F" the first time. Otherwise you'll get the SRK input. Or, you can do F+LP, Back, HCF+P Its easy once you get the hang of it. I've gotten very used to throwing fireballs with HCF, for example, so that I don't get the SRK if I throw a fireball after walking forward.

I don't play Makoto at all but I'm assuming you want:

F+LP xx QCF+P?

If yes, you have to go back to neutral after you press "F" the first time. Otherwise you'll get the SRK input. Or, you can do F+LP, Back, HCF+P Its easy once you get the hang of it. I've gotten very used to throwing fireballs with HCF, for example, so that I don't get the SRK if I throw a fireball after walking forward.

I tried doing it and I kept getting Fukiage. I'm going to try HCF tonight. I really wish there was a symbol to indicate that a player went to netural like in Tekken.

I'm sure we've all heard of the phrase "hold that L". Well how often do you come across guys who "holds that W"? I lost to a Sakura player on PC called Strangestsecret. I was salty and thought I could definitely beat him so I wanted to play him again but he didn't host. A few days later I saw his name and remembered him so I thought "here is my chance to get him back". I enter and he kicks me. I have no idea why, lag wasn't a issue. Yesterday I see him again and wanted to see if he would still kick me but it says I can't enter when I tried twice. Can you actually prevent certain people from entering your room?

Point is, when I lose sometimes I'll try to remember the guys name so I can get those runbacks. But sometimes like what happened here, I'll actually run into guys who purposely avoid me for whatever reason. Maybe they want to hold onto that W forever against me and made it a priority to remember my name? It just seems so ridiculous if that were the case. How can you play this game when you're afraid of losing? I know some really low level players have done that against me and I guess it makes sense, I just made there day when they random'd me. But people around my own skill level dodging? Come on man.

Swarna

Only time I kick people is when their connection is laggy af and I already beat them. I try to remember names but generally if I come across someone days later I'll fight them at least once before I remember "oh this laggy fucker". If I lose to an ebola connection I get mad and try to win at least once before proceeding to avoid them as usual. lol

LakeEarth

Point is, when I lose sometimes I'll try to remember the guys name so I can get those runbacks. But sometimes like what happened here, I'll actually run into guys who purposely avoid me for whatever reason. Maybe they want to hold onto that W forever against me and made it a priority to remember my name? It just seems so ridiculous if that were the case. How can you play this game when you're afraid of losing? I know some really low level players have done that against me and I guess it makes sense, I just made there day when they random'd me. But people around my own skill level dodging? Come on man.

Yeah I've had people kick me every time they see me despite a good connection. And I mean, for over a year now.

Yeah I've had people kick me every time they see me despite a good connection. And I mean, for over a year now.

Out of curiosity, do you remember who won last between you and these certain individuals?

Oh and I don't want to forget these guys either in my list of "Hold dat W" dudes. How about the guys who join your rank room and lose only to come back immediately for a rematch. Except they win the 2nd match and disappear for good. So we're even, but since you won the last match you won't risk giving that up for a 3rd match to basically settle the straw?

The more common version of these guys are probably the ones that lose like 8 times in a row and when they finally win, they are getting the fuck out of there and you will never see them again lol.

mbpm1

Not quite the same, but i once played a 3KPP El Fuerte with my Ken. Beat him like 3/4 games, lost the 4th or so. From then on he would always kick me whenever I tried to play him.

One time I went on a friend's account and played him and beat him. Next game he must have realized it was me or something, cos he kicked me again lol.

Marz

I kick people all the time in endless.

Mainly the people that switch characters every match...regardless of skill level.

You can only switch to DeeJay.

Well nobody on Gaf has been able to beat him yet.. not sure if they're ready yet
b3ppQUe.png

Out of curiosity, do you remember who won last between you and these certain individuals?

Oh and I don't want to forget these guys either in my list of "Hold dat W" dudes. How about the guys who join your rank room and lose only to come back immediately for a rematch. Except they win the 2nd match and disappear for good. So we're even, but since you won the last match you won't risk giving that up for a 3rd match to basically settle the straw?

The more common version of these guys are probably the ones that lose like 8 times in a row and when they finally win, they are getting the fuck out of there and you will never see them again lol.
Alstein on brast

xCobalt

lol ggs, you can only block for so long against Elena. Right when you get me into the corner as Gouken I gotta pretty much chalk that round up.

Is it possible to consistently punish lynx tail or can you get away with some stuff if you vary the strength? Every time I tried to do something I always get hit by another follow up.

Is it possible to consistently punish lynx tail or can you get away with some stuff if you vary the strength? Every time I tried to do something I always get hit by another follow up.

All the lynx tails are mad negative. You can probably punish them but if you try to hold forward while I'm doing a heavy one, you'll get clipped. It's weird. Don't practice against it tho, I don't want people figuring her out ever.

So any takers on some games on PSN tonight? I believe I've only played you once Rice-eater this entire time, and that was when someone else was lagging up the lobby...

So any takers on some games on PSN tonight? I believe I've only played you once Rice-eater this entire time, and that was when someone else was lagging up the lobby...

Bad time, I work Sunday morning and am preparing to go to bed right now. If you're around tomorrow night then I can play.

Tried to upload some matches I played against Zeus online but the Youtube thing doesn't work at all smh.

Let's just say I didn't lose a match
kttcoliyoungsabo

Finally got up to 4k pp. Never really gave it a hard shot but I did it.

Wasn't that hard, its just when I got up to 3990, I played 5 straight matches and got 1 point for each one, then lost against a 3200pp player and went down to 3890 lol.

Out of like.. 50-60 matches I think I've lost maybe 4 times. twice was cause of lag tho

Seik

Banned
So I just caved and bought a retail PS3 Ultra...something like a month before the PS4 version comes out? It was on sale though...

*Sigh*...Capcom makes money because of sheeps like me. -_-

That said, I'm interested to buy the Prima USFIV bible, anyone that bought it could confirm if it's worth it or not? :)

stn

That said, I'm interested to buy the Prima USFIV bible, anyone that bought it could confirm if it's worth it or not? :)
I wouldn't. It doesn't account for the changes in 1.04. Plus, you can access frame data very easily on the net.

Seik

Banned
I wouldn't. It doesn't account for the changes in 1.04. Plus, you can access frame data very easily on the net.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking...thanks for the input!

Someone could give me a good website for such infos (frame datas, combos, tips, etc.) though? I'd like to master my Cody/Poison the best I can.

Didn't know Rolento's ex roll was changed to -5 until the Redbull tournament.

I've been trying to Ultra punish it for so long for no reason

Marz

Its really well done and its like 10 bucks at GameStop.

It also has character overviews, bnbs, and write ups on how to play that character from every range. Really well done even if its slightly outdated its worth it IMO.

xeolleth

Neo Member
We're developing a new application for USF4 PC users. A small one centred around Lobby monitoring and management.

It'll include a monitor that checks if someone has joined your lobby and switches the Street Fighter 4 window to the foreground automatically. It also will play a wee notification sound when someone joins the open lobby.

As well as that we're creating a Lobby black list option, so you can kick or be notified of trolls automatically by their SteamID and NOT their player name that is so easily changed and masked in Steam.
This way you won't have to deal with trolls or drop hackers once you have added them to your personal black list.

We think the latter feature will help broadcasters and streamers mainly, but as with all Frame Trapped features it'll be completely free and available to everyone on release.

Can anyone think of any features or feedback for this program that we can work on before releasing to the masses?

Swarna

On another note, the Steam beta update today fixes the freezing issues in SF4 apparently. You're still going to have issues since regular client users will still give you ebola but once this hits the regular client we might have this issue fixed once and for all.

xeolleth

Neo Member
On another note, the Steam beta update today fixes the freezing issues in SF4 apparently. You're still going to have issues since regular client users will still give you ebola but once this hits the regular client we might have this issue fixed once and for all.

Godlike. It's about time.

Wow just found out you can FADC the 3rd hit of the heavy lynx tail and still get a st.HP afterwards. A bit tighter but extra damage.

3 bars - 505 damage aint bad

Top Bottom