• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

mbpm1

Push buttons, counterhit shit, use elbow to beat all your anti-airs.

Probably better than Ken players like me though Kappa

like a book lmao

So I've had Gagapa/Phenom/Hiro (Probably best Bison's in the world tbh) tell me about the Elena matchup

Gagapa says its 6-4 Elena
Phenom says its 6-4 Elena
Hiro says its 6-4 Bison
Tampa Bison says its 7-3 Elena lol

Personally.. I can see why Elena would have an advantage in being able to punish Bison's ex. PC's easily and some other tech. Wouldn't say Elena has the advantage though.. That Official Bison Pressure™ is still hard to deal with.

zlatko

Banned
Damn getting bopped. Sakura has some really solid buttons against Decapre shenanigans.

Plus that cross up tatsu to bait out blade. Ugh.

Edit: Ggs. Sakura is solid. I need more foosies against her.

The way I see it, is Bison better than E. Ryu, Yun, Cammy, Akuma, Dudley, Poison, Ken, Fei, Seth, and Ibuki? I don't see it. I also think Yang is very good, along with Rose, Juri, and C. Viper. I think he's top 15-20.

Yea.. super solid. I don't really know his flaws?

zlatko

Banned
Yea.. super solid. I don't really know his flaws?

He just keeps on pressure, and once you've played a few good ones you can handle the rest. If he gets you in the corner he can be scary, but that's like anyone in the cast.

A much better version of him imo is Balrog.

Meh AAs, meh damage, and zero cheap shit means nah imo.

Last point especially. You need to be cheap to do great in this game.

cr.HP is a lot better because they buffed the startup. St.HK can handle the other angles.

Damage output is mediocre yea and nah this Official Bison Pressure™ is cheap breh

stn

Last point especially. You need to be cheap to do great in this game.
Sadly, yeah. Characters who don't have cheap stuff usually have one extensively powerful tool that allows them to compete (ex. Fei's rekka). Bison's AA range is very space-dependent, his damage isn't amazing, and his pressure game is straightforward. He's like Yang in that he has to keep chipping away at your health constantly, except Yang has more versatility.

The last time I remember Bison being relevant was when Jago (is that his name?) beat Daigo's Ryu.

mbpm1

cr.HP is a lot better because they buffed the startup. St.HK can handle the other angles.

Damage output is mediocre yea and nah this Official Bison Pressure™ is cheap breh

They shaved off 2 frames from the startup but a 10 frame startup AA is not really great. By comparison Guile's df. rh. is 11 frames, floats on hit, and has a great angle and it's still quite rarely used.

Bison pressure is good but eh. Not seeing what about Bison that can't be done by Rog, Fei, or others for less effort and greater payout. His pressure is too legit.

They shaved off 2 frames from the startup but a 10 frame startup AA is not really great. By comparison Guile's df. rh. is 11 frames, floats on hit, and has a great angle and it's still quite rarely used.

Bison pressure is good but eh. Not seeing what about Bison that can't be done by Rog, Fei, or others for less effort and greater payout. His pressure is too legit.

-3 Rush punch from Rog

-5 Rekka from Fei

-1 Knee Press from Bison

Just played like.. 30 matches with a Bison player (he had 5k pp..well deserved for sure ._.)

Don't know what the final tally was but he probably won 5-7 more matches than I did.

The second I get into the corner, it can be a wrap. Gagapa was telling me that using st.LK after Bison's Scissor kick would beat out his options but.. another lk. knee press will just beat out my st. LK.

Not to mention to make the matchup feel worse on my end is that he was punishing lynx tail and blocking most ex. Mallet smashes. No way to open him up. Most of the time he wouldn't deal with blocking though, Bison has so many escape options with meter its crazy.

ex. Devils Reverse/Teleport/exKneePress/exPsycho Crusher

nigga literally every special he has, has invincibility on its EX lol da FUCK b.

Das why jlai is da bes

Why didn't you just rekka

like a book lmao

The sad thing is i knew that's what jlai was fishing for. i saw him pushing back, i saw the kids jumping on the car and forgot the distance till the stage wall. and i did it anyways like a loon.

I saw it in my head that i was going to get ultra'd but somehow my brain and hands didn't agree. I knew i should have pushed into rekka range and chipped.

but i had major fear of yun cause one touch meant a painful comeback. I have a major problem closing matches. i get opponents to 10% hp with a life lead and i panic cause i don't know how to end it.

mbpm1

Funny how the game works like that sometimes.

With some people I know that once they get me down on life they close up bc they get scared of choking.

But that just means I go ham, and they get rushdown'd to death with 1 pixel of life on me.

Just played like.. 30 matches with a Bison player (he had 5k pp..well deserved for sure ._.)

Don't know what the final tally was but he probably won 5-7 more matches than I did.

The second I get into the corner, it can be a wrap. Gagapa was telling me that using st.LK after Bison's Scissor kick would beat out his options but.. another lk. knee press will just beat out my st. LK.

Not to mention to make the matchup feel worse on my end is that he was punishing lynx tail and blocking most ex. Mallet smashes. No way to open him up. Most of the time he wouldn't deal with blocking though, Bison has so many escape options with meter its crazy.

ex. Devils Reverse/Teleport/exKneePress/exPsycho Crusher

nigga literally every special he has, has invincibility on its EX lol da FUCK b.

If you can scare them off with some well timed red focuses, then the pressure will drop a bit. I know I calm down on the knee presses once my opponent has 2 bars. Most of them never think to use red focus but I've had a few good players that made me look like a dumb bitch on quite a number of occasions. Oh and god help you against any opponent that knows how to punish Elena. That has been my saving grace while fighting against her. Since I play her at an ok level I know how to punish all of her shit.

mbpm1

Eh, I never really had problems with it as long as I delayed the DP a bit. Might not be playing good enough bipsons mebs

God, the PC version is still such sh- oh, they sort of fixed it. Now what do I talk about :(

And it really is tough to find frame data for FADC. I assume you have to subtract a character's dash speed from their plus/ minus frames on levels of Focus Attack, but it really would be helpful to have someone compile them.

Top Bottom