• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

mbpm1

I've won so many rounds with this. Just wait a couple frames after their wakeup so they have enough time to backdash/press a button = GET BOPPED breh

I never really do it anymore,but the one time I did it I got Yams with it ͡(° ͜ʖ ͡°)

had some good games tho

Allforce

I want to buy Ultra on Steam, I've never owned a version of SFIV on Steam before. Does purchasing the Ultra Edition for 29.99 give me ALL the DLC to date? I'm asking because I can't find a definitive answer yet as to whether you actually get all the Vacation and Animal costume variations that came out after Ultra was released and I am a sucker for all that corny stuff and would like to have it in the game without shelling out for extra costume packs.

DR2K

Banned
I want to buy Ultra on Steam, I've never owned a version of SFIV on Steam before. Does purchasing the Ultra Edition for 29.99 give me ALL the DLC to date? I'm asking because I can't find a definitive answer yet as to whether you actually get all the Vacation and Animal costume variations that came out after Ultra was released and I am a sucker for all that corny stuff and would like to have it in the game without shelling out for extra costume packs.

Ultra has everything prior to vacation and animal pack.

ShinMaruku

One of my fave matches is I was fighting a Dan and I baited his wake up ultra and then Juri asked him if it felt good with hers. I was laughing through the whole ultra. I then turned off the game and never played it for months.

Coda

Playing a laggy match against Sakura or Blanka is the worst. Other characters I can sort of deal with even with lag.

ShinMaruku

"Feels good doesn't it"
hqdefault.jpg

Man this is kind of embarrassing to admit, but all this time I was playing the PC version with Vsync on and I didn't realize it. In the past I would turn it off and use some 3rd party application to remove the screen tearing. Then something went wrong with my PC early this year I and reinstalled Windows to fix it. I don't remember coming to a decision to use Vsync, but I guess I was lazy and just let it rock. But over time I somehow forgot about this.

No wonder I felt no difference going from PC to PS3. And no wonder PS4 doesn't bother me at all. These 3 versions I've been playing have the worse input lag and are all about the same. When I turned off Vsync on the PC version I was legit shook when I went back to training mode to test my execution lol.

Honestly, I'm just going to keep playing with Vsync on. No reason to mess with my current set up. I'm use to it and it's in line with with the PS3 and PS4 version. I'm also not actively attending tournaments either so it won't affect me there. I'll change it if they ever get the PS4 version down to Xbox/PC level or if I'm planning on going to a tournament.

Well I guess I got blown over on FGC asking this question, but is anyone sticking with SF4 for PS4? Should I just get a better PC instead? I'm deciding whether I should take the plunge and get a PS4, or build a PC. The only games I want so far are DMC4:SE (and SF5 down the line) both on PC. I was thinking of picking up blood borne, but I don't know...

SUPARSTARX

At this point it's just another copy of the game in my possession. lol

PC is still my premiere choice. I will screw around on Xbox version but I think my gold is running out and I won't be renewing since I am pro-PlayStation Plus these days. PS4+PS3+PC!

Onemic

Well I guess I got blown over on FGC asking this question, but is anyone sticking with SF4 for PS4? Should I just get a better PC instead? I'm deciding whether I should take the plunge and get a PS4, or build a PC. The only games I want so far are DMC4:SE (and SF5 down the line) both on PC. I was thinking of picking up blood borne, but I don't know...

Build dat PC bruh.

Bloodborne is the truth tho. Decisions, decisions.

kitzkozan

SFIV is quickly improving on the PS4, so it's almost the definitive console version at this point. Of course, purchasing the console enable you to play SFV on it and Bloodborne (and anime FG since they will appear for sure on the PS4 while it's anyone guess if you will see them on PC or the Xbox one). With a PS4, you're covered for everything outside of KI. :p

SFV hype is taking me and I feel like I may get back into SF. No longer play on consoles so I'm wondering how the PC version is in terms of players and lag. I'm pretty sure it will be daily deal sometimes so I can get it a better cheaper than it is now.

Also I used to be a stick player back when I played before because it was what all the best players did but I could never get used to it in hundreds of hours and this time around I feel like going pad and seeing if I like it better.

Anyone have any experience with this one?

I'm assuming it's plug and play on PC?

Onemic

SFV hype is taking me and I feel like I may get back into SF. No longer play on consoles so I'm wondering how the PC version is in terms of players and lag. I'm pretty sure it will be daily deal sometimes so I can get it a better cheaper than it is now.

Also I used to be a stick player back when I played before because it was what all the best players did but I could never get used to it in hundreds of hours and this time around I feel like going pad and seeing if I like it better.

Anyone have any experience with this one?

I'm assuming it's plug and play on PC?

PC version is the best platform in terms of graphics/netcode. In terms of players it's definitely the lowest, but it's still very easy to find matches. If you wait in training mode while looking for matches it generally takes about 30 seconds or less to get matched with someone.

As long as you dont have a first gen MadCatz stick you should be able to plug and play with no issues.

SFIV is quickly improving on the PS4, so it's almost the definitive console version at this point. Of course, purchasing the console enable you to play SFV on it and Bloodborne (and anime FG since they will appear for sure on the PS4 while it's anyone guess if you will see them on PC or the Xbox one). With a PS4, you're covered for everything outside of KI. :p

I've gone all in on the PS4 version. It's now the one I play the most even though it still has its problems. But what can I say, nothing beats convenience. I can use suspend/resume to quickly jump back into the game within something like 15 seconds and it doesn't prevent me from using my PC(when I'm waiting for a match for example) which the PC version obviously does. My PS3 and Xbox have both been officially retired now. It's PS4 and PC from now on, but I'll probably play the PS4 version more often.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I played the PC version last night and found even less people on than usual. Might boot up the PS3 version every now and then but it's pretty much PS4 for me until V is out.

I've gone all in on the PS4 version. It's now the one I play the most even though it still has its problems. But what can I say, nothing beats convenience. I can use suspend/resume to quickly jump back into the game within something like 15 seconds and it doesn't prevent me from using my PC(when I'm waiting for a match for example) which the PC version obviously does. My PS3 and Xbox have both been officially retired now. It's PS4 and PC from now on, but I'll probably play the PS4 version more often.
I tried the ps4 version again today after not having played it since the day it launched and it was MUCH better. I'm down to play sometime, just send me a message. I'll likely be on Destiny, but it's very nice to take a break from that every now and then.

I might play a bit scrubby though since I'm not really feeling the ps4 controller.

PSN - EyelessOrphan

Kaleinc

Banned
But what can I say, nothing beats convenience. I can use suspend/resume to quickly jump back into the game within something like 15 seconds and it doesn't prevent me from using my PC(when I'm waiting for a match for example) which the PC version obviously does.
a5gbH2x.png

Nanomachines, son :p

Laws00

I'd like to give a shout out to any of the members of BCW on PS4 that kick me because of my rank before playing me.

Go fuck yourselves and get a wired connectioned internets.

Goron2000

best junior ever
So I bought USF4 on PS4 yesterday and decided to complete arcade mode with every character so I could get more of an understanding of each characters movesets.

No matter what I do, I can't beat Seth with Makoto. Do you guys have any tips? I've been stuck for hours trying to beat him in the 2nd round (1st round is super easy)

So I bought USF4 on PS4 yesterday and decided to complete arcade mode with every character so I could get more of an understanding of each characters movesets.

No matter what I do, I can't beat Seth with Makoto. Do you guys have any tips? I've been stuck for hours trying to beat him in the 2nd round (1st round is super easy)

Use heavy normals, well spaced jumps and sweeps, seem to screw with him for some reason. Trying to tackle and trick him like you would a human player just makes him pull off all sorts of telepathic bullshit. Really not a good example of how to learn a character.

So I have a sort of weird scenario. I only really play locally with friends and they've grown accustomed to being able to predict what I'm about to do just by listening to my super loud stick movements. I'm the only one who uses a stick, so it's pretty apparent. This turns into me sort of playing a meta-game of false movements just to trick my friends, which is pretty pointless otherwise and I'd like to get away from doing that. This is especially apparent as I play characters with a lot of 360s and double 360s.

Anyone else deal with this at all?

Onemic

So I have a sort of weird scenario. I only really play locally with friends and they've grown accustomed to being able to predict what I'm about to do just by listening to my super loud stick movements. I'm the only one who uses a stick, so it's pretty apparent. This turns into me sort of playing a meta-game of false movements just to trick my friends, which is pretty pointless otherwise and I'd like to get away from doing that. This is especially apparent as I play characters with a lot of 360s and double 360s.

If you have 8 buttons on your stick set two of them to nothing. Use those two buttons to trick them into thinking you're doing something when you're really doing nothing at all

mbpm1

This comes up with everyone who plays stick tbh.

Fakes and feints are common in play with sticks. Only way to avoid that is to play pad. Empty buttons help but it's still there.

I guess the big issue is really just practicing my 360s then. Generally with DPs and quarter/half circles its not a problem, but those 360s are damn hard to perform smoothly. Especially with ultras, but then again, I need to get away from busting out ultras when I shouldn't be anyway.

Top Bottom