• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

FireSol

Question!! How to use thouch padon HRAP4, as I understod I need to bind touchpad press to share button on my stick. Or it's better to wait till they fix the game?

Laws00

As a Mainly 360 player coming to the PS4.

It's my responsibility or our responsibility to beat the ever living crap out of these guys to level them up.

Also to tell them benefits of a god damn wired connection when playing fighting games. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

As a Mainly 360 player coming to the PS4.

It's my responsibility or our responsibility to beat the ever living crap out of these guys to level them up.

Also to tell them benefits of a god damn wired connection when playing fighting games. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

I really wanted to try get to the #1 Elena on the boards but..

not like this fam

Laws00

I really wanted to try get to the #1 Elena on the boards but..

not like this fam

you have a PSN account and a ps4?

Not that hard man. I think My Chun Li is like number 20 lol and my juri is like 50 something right now.

Connections are random as fuck. Was playing some green bar guy turns out he's red no bars. I'm not complaining it is what it is

Learning Omega Seth is like learning Dante in MVC3. He has so many goddamn moves -_-

clRH is a two-hit meaty, but you can hold it down and it turns into an overhead that leads into a full combo. This dude is crazy.

OK so the PS4 version is pretty bad like most people have been saying. But I think I'm going to keep playing it anyways. What can I say, I like the convenience of suspend/resume and being able to upload shit at will at my own leisure. I still have the PC version right beside me that I'm still going to play a lot so it's not like I'm stuck with only this version.

Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not defending this port. I'm just willing to compromise for the conveniences for now and hope that it gets fixed. I think it's fucked up what they did and would warn others about the issues if they were thinking about getting it. But as someone who has bought almost every console version of this game. I think I would have gotten it regardless, if for nothing else than the lol's. At least I have some uses for it versus the other versions of the game I own.

And here is some random match I had earlier today on PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd6E2rHMfgA

SamVimes

Just got back into this game (on pc) after two years of absence because i had bad internet. Man, i forgot how fun it is. Kinda disappointed in the skill level on the PC version in europe, i'm already sitting at a 61% win rate after like 60 matches.

OK so the PS4 version is pretty bad like most people have been saying. But I think I'm going to keep playing it anyways. What can I say, I like the convenience of suspend/resume and being able to upload shit at will at my own leisure. I still have the PC version right beside me that I'm still going to play a lot so it's not like I'm stuck with only this version.

Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not defending this port. I'm just willing to compromise for the conveniences for now and hope that it gets fixed. I think it's fucked up what they did and would warn others about the issues if they were thinking about getting it. But as someone who has bought almost every console version of this game. I think I would have gotten it regardless, if for nothing else than the lol's. At least I have some uses for it versus the other versions of the game I own.

And here is some random match I had earlier today on PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd6E2rHMfgA
How would you rate the netcode compared to PS3?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
OK so the PS4 version is pretty bad like most people have been saying. But I think I'm going to keep playing it anyways.

That's how I'm treating the game, too. We're addicts. :(

But I've been having some awful, awful matches online. Terrible connection quality. Don't have that problem on PS3 and PC.

How would you rate the netcode compared to PS3?

I think it's actually good/decent. I've mainly stuck with green bar matches and they've been lag free or had very little lag. Anything below that and it stinks. I won't fault the PS4 version for laggy 3 bars and below matches when that's always been the case. No matter what platform you play on with this game you almost always need green bars for good matches and the PS4 version continues that pattern.

As for input lag, I'm not feeling it like Onemic has. I'm playing the PS4 version with my new Hori VLX(for PS4) and on a Acer H233H monitor which I believe is considered to be a very good gaming monitor. Sometimes I feel things are slightly off, most of the time not. So maybe it's in my head, I'm not sure.

But if anyone wants to play this version then let me know. My ID is Rice_Eater483.

Hmm guess I might just bite the bullet anyway and buy it when I get a PS4. I don't use a PS3 pad/stick (which I assume the 8 frame input lag is coming from), and just use a PS4 controller...

If you do get it just know what you're getting into and keep the expectations low. I can live with it because I like the incentives the PS4 itself brings. If your character didn't get affected and you might have a OK time.

I just got annihilated earlier twice by the current #2 Yun on PS4 :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Can't say I've felt any input lag using a PS3 fight pad. I game on one of highest-recommended monitors (Asus MX279H) in Displaylag.com's Input lag database. Now, online lag is another story. The way things are right now, the PS3 version is better. :p

Onemic

I think it's actually good/decent. I've mainly stuck with green bar matches and they've been lag free or had very little lag. Anything below that and it stinks. I won't fault the PS4 version for laggy 3 bars and below matches when that's always been the case. No matter what platform you play on with this game you almost always need green bars for good matches and the PS4 version continues that pattern.

As for input lag, I'm not feeling it like Onemic has. I'm playing the PS4 version with my new Hori VLX(for PS4) and on a Acer H233H monitor which I believe is considered to be a very good gaming monitor. Sometimes I feel things are slightly off, most of the time not. So maybe it's in my head, I'm not sure.

But if anyone wants to play this version then let me know. My ID is Rice_Eater483.

It's very possible that the difference is so apparent to me because I'm playing on my TV vs the PC version which I play on my 2ms delay Asus monitor(VE247). My PS3 is hooked up to my monitor as well, so it may just be due to the additional lag the TV brings. I'll probably try hooking the PS4 up to my monitor later tonight and see if it feels like the PS3 version.

xCobalt

I'm down to play. PSN is JayDee191

I'll play you for as long as I can tolerate this dogshit. I bought it, so I might as well get some use out of it. If you happen to see me on Street Fighter then just shoot me a message.

PSN - EyelessOrphan

I'll still mostly be playing on 360 though.

Played a long set with Cobalt, got bodied pretty hard to first dozen or so matches. So I was pretty frustrated throughout those games. Then I finally started winning some towards the end and tried a scumbag move to Yun in the final match to win and bail. It backfired but I asked for another match and won that time and then bailed lol.

Nice to play you again Cobalt. As for the lag, it wasn't perfect but it was very playable. I think our matches on Xbox Live felt pretty good. On PS4, I think Cobalt put it pretty well. It was a consistent lag, no spikes and not atrocious so we both could adjust to it and hit our links pretty well. It was a yellow bar connection which was what surprised me the most. It was very playble for yellow bar because all the other yellow bars I've played on PS4 were horrible.

GG's again Cobalt. Hope you don't mind but I'm going to upload some of our matches to youtube. If their is one thing I like about the PS4 version, it's being able to do this very easily and in HD.

Played a long set with Cobalt, got bodied pretty hard to first dozen or so matches. So I was pretty frustrated throughout those games. Then I finally started winning some towards the end and tried a scumbag move to Yun in the final match to win and bail. It backfired but I asked for another match and won that time and then bailed lol.

Nice to play you again Cobalt. As for the lag, it wasn't perfect but it was very playable. I think our matches on Xbox Live felt pretty good. On PS4, I think Cobalt put it pretty well. It was a consistent lag, no spikes and not atrocious so we both could adjust to it and hit our links pretty well. It was a yellow bar connection which was what surprised me the most. It was very playble for yellow bar because all the other yellow bars I've played on PS4 were horrible.

GG's again Cobalt. Hope you don't mind but I'm going to upload some of our matches to youtube. If their is one thing I like about the PS4 version, it's being able to do this very easily and in HD.

only upload the wins

xCobalt

Good games. I don't mind the evil ryu matchup too much. Gouken's normals are good enough to compete with Evil Ryu's. I have a bad habit of pressing far standing roundhouse though lol. I swear, anytime I get someone in the corner and they block a fireball, people always get hit by the followup stand roundhouse.

A good friend of mine also mains Gouken, he bodies me all the time with him so losing a lot to you is nothing new. It feels like Gouken shuts me down in every neutral situation. If I could just sit back and fireball I wouldn't feel so helpless at times. I get so salty playing my friend because he just sits there and plays a reactionary game. He literally doesn't have to do anything except react to whatever I do.

I get close > I get pushed out with normals
I throw fireball > get palmed
I focus through fireballs > He recovers quickly from jab fireball to throw out his normals before I can
He demon flips > I'm afraid to do anything because a 1 hit absorb means I'm losing 40% health
I shaku from full screen > demon flip sweep or EX demon flip will punish me

So he sits there and peppers me with fireballs out of jump in range and I have to try and restrain myself from throwing it back because I'll get palmed. I fall way behind in health and then desperation sets in. I have no choice but to move in but unless something random happens that works out for me, it's just too hard to penetrate his wall. Even I won't say it's 7/3 or something like that, but man it sure feels that way.

Armaly

You guys think the Wild Costume pack will go on sale during the summer sale? I want it but don't feel like spending $20 on it. The last few times Ultra went on sale this particular dlc didn't.

xCobalt

Off the top of my head, I noticed that you never went for hop kick. Although Gouken's cr.mk can beat it, it opens up opportunities for you to whiff punish me since it has really poor range. Since you never went for the hop kick, I stuck with the regular crouch tech.

Against Gouken's demon flip, I'm not sure why you're antiairing with cr.hp. A delayed dp breaks the parry and will beat out dive kick cleanly. It can sometimes trade too which could work out better.

I didn't use hop kick because you actually beat it with cr. MK in the first few games. I stopped after that, I did notice you were tech'ing with cr. LK later though but didn't get myself back into the habit of using hop kick.

As for demon flip, it's risky to do it so deep. And my DP has been stuffed several times by my friend when I try to do it at the last second. At certain angles, cr. HP just works better. I try save meter to anti-air demon flip because chances are I'll still get at least a 2 hitter even if I do it too early.

DunpealD

Do you think the lag difference had something to do with the input lag? Or do you think the netcode is indeed different?

I didn't use hop kick because you actually beat it with cr. MK in the first few games. I stopped after that, I did notice you were tech'ing with cr. LK later though but didn't get myself back into the habit of using hop kick.

As for demon flip, it's risky to do it so deep. And my DP has been stuffed several times by my friend when I try to do it at the last second. At certain angles, cr. HP just works better. I try save meter to anti-air demon flip because chances are I'll still get at least a 2 hitter even if I do it too early.

You shouldn't seal away a move just because it got stuffed several times. These things are like frametraps and tick throws, i.e. training your opponent. In this case you got trained by cobalt. Also experiences from one player does not always transfer to others, so you should at least try out options that weren't working and see where to go from there. Limiting options from the get go doesn't always bode well either.

EDIT: On that note, while playing on PS4 I met a Guile(PSNID imstilldadaddy and some number) as Ryu. Was fully expecting zoning and got mauled by a rushdown Guile :(.

To buy or not to buy... I want to enjoy some Juri, but my Juri sucks. Hmmm

You'll have to start listen to others, put some work in and get good :p.

xCobalt

Just gotta find that sweet spot to do dp. It's very rare for me to stuff out an invincible dp out right. The risk/reward for doing dp seems to be way better.

EDIT: On that note, while playing on PS4 I met a Guile(PSNID imstilldadaddy and some number) as Ryu. Was fully expecting zoning and got mauled by a rushdown Guile :(.

You'll have to start listen to others, put some work in and get good :p.

imstilldadaddy is a Guile GAWD

Just gotta find that sweet spot to do dp. It's very rare for me to stuff out an invincible dp out right. The risk/reward for doing dp seems to be way better.

It's the same angle you're in when you use DF dive kick after a knockdown. I've found myself in that position many times against my friend where a deep DP would still lose because he has the perfect angle on me. Only thing I really can do is a reaction forward dash to go underneath it. Not the easiest thing to do under pressure.

Here are some of our matches I uploaded, 4 in all. Overall you won 12-7, but I made sure to show some of my wins as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_hAjSRezZk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEnjlFzy-ks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e1654MO4yw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eiOmEnrOg4

I'll be honest, during some of those losses. Frustration just set in and I started doing really stupid stuff like fishing for air to airs. Makes me look really dumb when I go back to watch it lol.

Do you think the lag difference had something to do with the input lag? Or do you think the netcode is indeed different?

I'm pretty confident it was the lag, which was only a slight one. Gilley's results show that PS4 may have up to at least 1f of input lag over the PS3 version. But it still doesn't bother me. Before this version came out, I was switching between the PC and PS3 version. So maybe that's why I"m not bothered by the extra PS4 input lag.

mbpm1

My steam ID's GOGETPAID if anybody feels like adding an EC player

Speaking of which, I literally spent the entire night getting my ass kicked by a Bison. He just didn't make a wrong decision. I was outfootsied in every possible way.

My steam ID's GOGETPAID if anybody feels like adding.

Speaking of which, I literally spent the entire night getting my ass kicked by a Bison. He just didn't make a wrong decision. I was outfootsied in every possible way.

I could swear I played you in ranked last night, or at least saw your name. I was a Dud or Gouken. Don't remember the match though if we played lol. Will add you!

Top Bottom