• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Played some rounds against someone on my PSN friends list and won all but one match. Sent him a "GG" message afterwards and he removed me from his friends list, lol. Mountains of salt.

Played some rounds against someone on my PSN friends list and won all but one match. Sent him a "GG" message afterwards and he removed me from his friends list, lol. Mountains of salt.

go to endless

See room "serious matches"

wail on host for 10 matches straight.

lose one.

"you have been removed from room by host".

Lyte Edge

Also played someone named "Random Selection." He did random for the first two matches, lost, then started picking normally. I thought that was kind of funny.

go to endless

See room "serious matches"

wail on host for 10 matches straight.

lose one.

"you have been removed from room by host".

Classic.

Hatemail has been pretty sparse lately. But I went back to Street Fighter X Tekken, played one match, then was kicked by the host and flooded with expletives. Still got it!

Does anyone know how Hakan stacks up nowadays? I haven't been following the game in a while and never got Ultra, but I was probably going to pick it up for ps4 and get back into it and was hoping they've made some improvements to him.

Coda

Does anyone know how Hakan stacks up nowadays? I haven't been following the game in a while and never got Ultra, but I was probably going to pick it up for ps4 and get back into it and was hoping they've made some improvements to him.

He's still pretty tricky to play against because a lot of people don't know the matchup and his tricks. Not sure from a tier list/technical standpoint how he holds up.

Here is a list of the changes they made to characters on eventhubs:
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/may/22/final-ultra-street-fighter-4-balance-change-list/

Lyte Edge

He replied with a "GG" message and then accepted a friend request when I added him back yesterday. That was weird, LOL. I wonder if he saw this thread. :p

stn

What makes Ken so good that he's #1 in the game? Is it that DP tech Momochi found that OS'es everything but the kitchen sink? I know he has solid pokes but it seems like E. Ryu's are better. Not to mention he's the worst zoning shoto out of them all. They can all FADC like he can. What am I missing?

Kaleinc

Banned
What makes Ken so good that he's #1 in the game? Is it that DP tech Momochi found that OS'es everything but the kitchen sink? I know he has solid pokes but it seems like E. Ryu's are better. Not to mention he's the worst zoning shoto out of them all. They can all FADC like he can. What am I missing?
Kara throw, ex tatsu shenanigans.

Marz

Kens just super solid. Decent buttons, step kick is scary, overhead, fakes, Kara's especially his throw, a very good DP, fireball might not be the best but when your scared to death of his midrange game anyways a fireball is just a pain to deal with, ex tatsu gives him actual mixups, his crouch mk is super fast, has a three frame normal, good walkspeed, Also has an amazing matchup spread...maybe the best in the game.

Pretty easy to see why Ken is so good especially when you play a really good one.

Kens just super solid. Decent buttons, step kick is scary, overhead, fakes, Kara's especially his throw, a very good DP, fireball might not be the best but when your scared to death of his midrange game anyways a fireball is just a pain to deal with, ex tatsu gives him actual mixups, his crouch mk is super fast, has a three frame normal, good walkspeed, Also has an amazing matchup spread...maybe the best in the game.

Pretty easy to see why Ken is so good especially when you play a really good one.
Glad I'm not the only one who is scared of Ken. Get those karathrows and step kicks away from me...

mbpm1

Co-signed, as a Ken player. His options are very, very good at mid-range. Solid anti-airs, both as buttons and DP's, solid buttons that cover a multitude of spaces from high to low to far to close.

Korezo

I know I don't like GG messages if I got wrecked and never stood a chance. Feels more like a taunt because getting wrecked aren't good games.

Anyway I doubt USFIV is coming on the 26th, I read the blog again and the people making the game said they were aiming to release on the 26th..

I know I don't like GG messages if I got wrecked and never stood a chance. Feels more like a taunt because getting wrecked aren't good games.

Anyway I doubt USFIV is coming on the 26th, I read the blog again and the people making the game said they were aiming to release on the 26th..
Yeah I'm starting to doubt that date. I can't find any info on it.

As for the GG thing, I can understand that because I will occasionally do it to bury someone. If I say ggs or GGs, I sincerely mean it, but if I say GGs! or GGs :) I'm basically saying fuck you. I only do that if someone disrespected me and I promptly beat their ass for it.

vg260

The PS Blog posts an update each Sunday listing the upcoming Tuesday releases, so maybe we'll hear something then at worst. It's so odd they're been so quiet on the PS4 release.

Lyte Edge

The PS Blog posts an update each Sunday listing the upcoming Tuesday releases, so maybe we'll hear something then at worst. It's so odd they're been so quiet on the PS4 release.

This was put up yesterday:

Ultra Street Fighter IV Hits PS4 Tuesday, New Enhancements Detailed

Gio Corsi's Avatar + Posted by Gio Corsi on May 22, 2015 // Director, Third Party Production for SCEA

Hey crew! Gio Corsi here, Director of Third Party Production, and I wanted to give you all a quick “great news” update on Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 with less than a week before its digital launch on May 26th!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6gNl4XHpiw

Ultra Street Fighter IV | PlayStation.com

The big update: Ultra Street Fighter IV will support PS4 FightSticks, of course. But we’ve also included Lab Zero’s drivers so that USFIV will support licensed PS3 FightSticks as well. For more details on how this will work, please check the Capcom Unity or Lab Zero sites after the game launches on May 26.

Other reminders:

Ultra SFIV on PS4 will be running at 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second for all your fighting glory.
The PS4 version of USFIV will also include all DLC launched up to this point, including the most recent Vacation and Wild costume packs.
A few of you hardcore Street Fighters out there said that there was minor input lag in the controls of Ultra Street Fighter IV for PS3. Well, don’t worry: We’ve eliminated it to make the PS4 edition the ultimate version on any platform!
The price is $24.99.

We’ll see you online next week! In the meantime, check out Capcom’s brand-spanking-new trailer above celebrating the upcoming launch of Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4. Enjoy!

This is the Abel player that bodies me every time we play

His whiff punishing is insane. That step kick.. that damn step kick
zqlHLpA.png

Coda

Why do you have to switch?

I don't have to, I just want to learn a new character. Guy will at this point probably always be my strongest character though so it's hard to try and learn a new character and compete at the same time.

J4mm1nJ03

Does USFIV have PS4-PC crossplay as well, or only SFV?

Hasn't been mentioned for IV yet so I assume it's not in. Seems like something they'd hype up if it were in there, especially since they just confirmed legacy stick support the other day.

Can't wait for Tuesday! I've missed SF4 a lot despite only being decent at it. Fighting games kind of scratch the same itch as the Souls games for me in terms of how much you can potentially grow as a player, which I enjoy a lot. Couldn't pass this up for just $25.

mbpm1

Played a loooong series of matches with an Oni player online.

He had like 2x better footsies than me and his combos hit for 500% more. Every move felt like a guess that would at times lead to half-life or death. Man, I ain't shit. I was super demoralized most of the time and kept getting hit by what seemed like an endless bag of shenanigans. Air Super, Kara Ground Super, DP on my wakeup FADC another DP if I blocked, ambiguous crossups, ambiguous ground slashes, frame traps, the whole cabinet of stuff. And no matter what I did I could almost never open him up. His defense and petience seemed limitless. The ratio was probably like 20-1 his favour lol.

It was fun in a weird way. I think I learned a little bit.

Lyte Edge

He replied with a "GG" message and then accepted a friend request when I added him back yesterday. That was weird, LOL. I wonder if he saw this thread. :p

Ended up getting a returning "GG" message, days later, and then he accepted a friend request again. That was weird. Wonder if he saw this thread? :p

SUPARSTARX

*Clicks purchase*

What year is it? I've bought nearly the same game like a dozen times. How much have I spent already? X_X

Street Fighter IV--360, PS3, PC.
Super Street Fighter IV--360, PS3
AE2012--360, PS3, PC
Ultra Street Fighter IV--360, PS3, PS4, PC

Top Bottom