• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

The .2 frame advantage the 360 version has on the ps4 has no effect on gameplay since the game only reads inputs once per frame. It's just like how the input tests on the verious joysticks don't matter much or else you'd believe everybody playing on the old TE sticks are at a severe disadvantage.

I haven't played the 360 version online in about 2 years but part of the reason I stopped by xbox live sub was that the online playerbase wasn't much better than the pc at the time so I'll take it you've played both the 360 and ps4 versions to tell there's more on the xbox one. Though I've noticed players like smug and art on ps4 and the pxg stream uses the ps4 version for its lobby for their stream.

Bars thing is kind of annoying since they mostly don't show up in the search screen but they show p when you actually enter the lobby. Experience is pretty much the same as the pc and ps3 version for me in that respect.

I've played both versions a lot. I've waited in an endless lobby for 20+ minutes and have nobody in the US (not playing trying to play Euro/Asia) or Canada join my lobby on the PS4. I do the same on the 360 and find somebody within 5 minutes. Now with the bars thing, I can't tell who's laggy and who isn't when searching for a match on the PS4, where on the 360 I can actually tell.. who's laggy and who isn't.

I can't really talk too much on the PC version except for the one time I played it.. it was bad. Idk if the persons computer didn't have high enough specs, but it ran like the original PS4 version that came out.

Onemic

Man, I just realized that Fei has a bunch of character specific stuff that makes his pressure a lot more interesting, gonna have to start making lots of notes today

ShinMaruku

I need to remember that Ibuki has some character specific things too. Unless it's Yun, then it's me having to go stupid and loving it.

Nah bruh, played some offline casuals yesterday on it and still feels like the PS3 version...which equals to hot gahbege.

It's all in your head then. PS4 version is pretty good now online and off. I say that as someone who has probably put more hours into this game than anyone else on this forum and has bought the game like 12 times combined on every platform. I'm not going to say it's the best, it still has issues(like the bars not showing until you enter a room) but overall it's a good port now.

DunpealD

It's all in your head then. PS4 version is pretty good now online and off. I say that as someone who has probably put more hours into this game than anyone else on this forum and has bought the game like 12 times combined on every platform. I'm not going to say it's the best, it still has issues(like the bars not showing until you enter a room) but overall it's a good port now.

Maybe it's the PS3 stick driver? Everything else seems to run good.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the implementation of the stick driver they used adds 1-2 frames of lag, same as MKX. The online experience between ps3 and ps4 isn't close. ps3 is by far the worst performing version online as even yellow bar matches feel often feel like you're playing underwater. In terms of online experience it's probably 360>ps4>pc>>>>ps3 but the top three are fairly comparable. Player base on ps4 is also much better than ps3 was the last time I tried it, but no where near 360 was in 2010-2012 where 3000 pp players would instantly join a 2 player lobby that you'd set up.

I didn't even think about that, but maybe that is why Black Vegeta feels that way. I don't know if he's using a PS3 stick or PS4. I'm using a PS4 stick on a good monitor so I'm not having any issues. I put away my PS3 and 360, but I still have the PC version ready to go and still play USF4 on their quite a bit(I do play more on PS4 though) and I'm not feeling any or much of a difference at all between the two.

As for online and player base, 360 is still the best for sure. Better players and pretty good online. But PS4 feels pretty good to, green bars are great and most yellow bar honestly feel pretty good in my experience. The bars not showing when searching sucks and the player base can't be helped, that's up to the people if they want to buy a new console to play this old game. Offline I think it's great now and I expect it to be mandated by Capcom for CPT events(probably just Premier) after EVO.

I feel there is this slight delay on PS4. I think maybe its my DS4. I get the random share button/lobby button press for some reason as well here and there.

I am too lazy to plug in my 360 stick and get close to the tv. I am just chilling back with the dualshock4, its just more convenient right now and I am tired from work.

DunpealD

I feel there is this slight delay on PS4. I think maybe its my DS4. I get the random share button/lobby button press for some reason as well here and there.

I am too lazy to plug in my 360 stick and get close to the tv. I am just chilling back with the dualshock4, its just more convenient right now and I am tired from work.

Are you using suspend/resume function or anything outside of the game? I once had buttons not reacting, because i was fumbling around with the DS4 innards but went away when i restarted the game.

Are you using suspend/resume function or anything outside of the game? I once had buttons not reacting, because i was fumbling around with the DS4 innards but went away when i restarted the game.

I use suspend all the time. I haven't turned off my PS4 ever really. I close all the applications first (not streaming apps) before I do it though, so I quit out Ultra before I suspend it.

My dualshock is wonkey. Plus R2 is starting to creak. Yikes.

DunpealD

I use suspend all the time. I haven't turned off my PS4 ever really. I close all the applications first (not streaming apps) before I do it though, so I quit out Ultra before I suspend it.

My dualshock is wonkey. Plus R2 is starting to creak. Yikes.

Ever opened up your DS4 to check what might be wrong? My DS4 X button is busted due to the plastic being completely ripped, for example.

Walpurgis

Banned
I just bought this game the other day and want to get good at it. I've played Street Fighter II Alpha 3 and Street Fighter III: Third Strike as a kid but I typically just pressed all of the buttons. I've tried to get good with MvC 3 but mastering 3 characters, timing character switches, etc. was very hard for me - that game was hectic. This game looks a lot simpler but there are a ton of characters to choose from. I've tried almost all of them and so far like El Fuerte's speed (but he doesn't really attack), Hugo's strength and Gen's fighting styles (he's probably too advanced though). As a beginner, which character should I try to get good with first? Are there any good guides or resources for beginners?

I am playing on PS4 with a controller.

I just bought this game the other day and want to get good at it. I've played Street Fighter II Alpha 3 and Street Fighter III: Third Strike as a kid but I typically just pressed all of the buttons. I've tried to get good with MvC 3 but mastering 3 characters, timing character switches, etc. was very hard for me - that game was hectic. This game looks a lot simpler but there are a ton of characters to choose from. I've tried almost all of them and so far like El Fuerte's speed (but he doesn't really attack), Hugo's strength and Gen's fighting styles (he's probably too advanced though). As a beginner, which character should I try to get good with first? Are there any good guides or resources for beginners?

I am playing on PS4 with a controller.
Ryu is always a safe bet when starting out. You'll be able to work on all of your fundamentals and basics. As far as guides go, I have no idea. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you.

Also ask in the FGW thread. Those threads get a lot more activity.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1078877&page=1

GGs Count.

Fuck this ps4 controller tho.

GGs, Fuck this banged up stick tho.

Shit costed me at least 2 life bars in damage. Doesn't register down+back and only registers the back motion.. shit costed me so much damage. I can't play charge characters properly on this stick due to that, I lose charge by accident too often.

You gonna be at Evo?

GGs, Fuck this banged up stick tho.

Shit costed me at least 2 life bars in damage. Doesn't register down+back and only registers the back motion.. shit costed me so much damage. I can't play charge characters properly on this stick due to that, I lose charge by accident too often.

You gonna be at Evo?
Yeah I'm gonna be there.

We also had a surprisingly good connection considering our geographical locations.

Yeah I'm gonna be there.

We also had a surprisingly good connection considering our geographical locations.

ayyy lets get some games in there.

The connection was playable but dat input lag was
zqlHLpA.png

Onemic

Rage quitters are the worst. Just beat some 4.6k pp dude and he promptly rage quit before it could lose him his precious pp.

I hope SFV fixes this so that if you shutdown your connection it automatically counts as a rage quit and you lose pp and the opponent gains pp. (Actually they gotta fix the ranking system in general but thats something else entirely).

EDIT: next opponent rage quit as well, but at the end of the first round :/

vg260

Rage quitters are the worst. Just beat some 4.6k pp dude and he promptly rage quit before it could lose him his precious pp.

I hope SFV fixes this so that if you shutdown your connection it automatically counts as a rage quit and you lose pp and the opponent gains pp. (Actually they gotta fix the ranking system in general but thats something else entirely).

People can be so silly about this stuff. I stopped caring about PP ages ago. It is what it s and hopefully it helps set up a reasonable match. For the most part, I think it's a pretty decent system, but yeah they need to address rage quits. Would also prefer to see character-based matching. It would make jumping between characters less intimidating.

I actually have been going through all of the Super characters on the PS4 getting them to 1000 BP for the C to shining C achievement for the heck of it.. My PP score dropped to about nothing for some because I'm so bad with them, but that's fine because it was taking forever with ones like Viper and Dhalsim. Yessh. That was rough hardly having touched them previously. El Fuerte was the worst though. I don't recall it being as hard when I did it on the 360 version, but at this point people are probably much more familiar with the game. About halfway through. Not looking forward to Seth, and maybe Dan.

explodet

I actually have been going through all of the Super characters on the PS4 getting them to 1000 BP for the C to shining C achievement for the heck of it.
300 matches online? Gold trophy.
700+ ranked wins online? Silver trophy.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

I'm doing the same, for some reason. Finished up Seth, that was roooough. I think I lost 12 straight before finally getting the last win I needed. I have 24 more characters to go though. At least I finished Viper too.

vg260

Some of the achievements are impossible, but I kinda like the C to C one since it encourages people to use different characters online.

I don't play Rank anymore, people are assholes in rank and i notice rank on PC is almost the same 4-5 characters, so afraid of losing PP, they keep to safe characters, played some really great players in Endless with a wider range of characters being used, I got destroyed by a Gen player once in Endless, he also had no PP he only players endless, this dude was so good he could reach 4k with no problems, because he was beating the shit out of players in the endless with 4k points lol..

ShinAmano

Has anyone used the cronus max to used 360 fightpads on the PS4?

I ask since the beta is on the way...and it may lead me to pick up ultra on PS4.

You lose PP for quitting before the game is over.

Quitting does lose you PP/BP, more than a loss would cost you.

The only 'benefit' to doing it is the quitter robs the other guy of any PP/BP he could gain.

PP/BP system needs to go thoough, need either character ranks only (with picking before matchmaking) or a single rank across all characters. Not both.

Top Bottom