• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

I don't really understand the logic behind white knighting a company that has falsely advertised something. Then going around telling people that are justifiably upset that "it's just a game".

I think people are just using common sense that it will release later today no matter what and blowing up and demanding everyone should get refunds is pretty over the top.

Some realized it was listed as 'Add-on' in the store and they knew add-on content updates usually hit the PSN store update in the afternoon on the day of release.

I agree - the date on the description was wrong and was an oversight but demanding that everyone should get free games because they can't play it for 12 more hrs is uh?

Clearly no one has experienced MMO, Diablo, etc launches.

I don't really understand the logic behind white knighting a company that has falsely advertised something. Then going around telling people that are justifiably upset that "it's just a game".

Especially a company that has failed to live up to their promised release times multiple times. MLB The Show was promised at midnight EST and didn't go up until mid day the Tuesday it released. Grand Theft Auto V went up an hour late last year, and multiple games have gone up 30-40 minutes past the "promised" time. I don't understand how the promise of a timely launch keeps slipping through Sony's fingers when Nintendo and MS get it right.

Tik-Tok

White Knighting? Pretty sure everyone here realizes, Sony/Capcom goofed. Also pretty sure people are pointing out it's not worth getting you panties in a twist over because this shit happens all the time and in all likelihood everyone will be playing in a few hours at most.

I think people are just using common sense that it will release later today no matter what and blowing up and demanding everyone should get refunds is pretty over the top.

Some realized it was listed as 'Add-on' in the store and they knew add-on content updates usually hit the PSN store update in the afternoon on the day of release.

I agree - the date on the description was wrong and was an oversight but demanding that everyone should get free games because they can't play it for 12 more hrs is uh?

Clearly no one has experienced MMO, Diablo, etc launches.

I experienced plenty of those as well and they were just as bullshit then as they are now. If you can't make it? Fine, don't advertise it.

nded

Looks like the PS Store entry for the pre-order has been taken down. Either they're working on getting the game up and running or we've just witnessed a masterclass troll from Ono.

foxmedik

Neo Member
Looks like the PS Store entry for the pre-order has been taken down. Either they're working on getting the game up and running or we've just witnessed a masterclass troll from Ono.

The pre-order listing is gone, which usually means it should pop up within the next 30 minutes.

Moosehole

Jeez. I wish I could be as laid back as you to not care about things I buy working or being delivered on time.
Or one could call it "Not letting every little thing send our blood pressure through the roof."

I'm not saying they didn't screw up, but is it really that horrible if you have to wait until tomorrow?

Or one could call it "Not letting every little thing send our blood pressure through the roof."

I'm not saying they didn't screw up, but is it really that horrible if you have to wait until tomorrow?

Absolutely not. What's horrible is that they advertised it as being usable an hour ago. Had it merely been a purchase on the PSN tomorrow, no sweat. But I don't appreciate people lying to my face in order to get my money.

mbpm1

The PC version clearly needs the dev time, the netcode hasn't made the transition to SteamWorks cleanly.

Yea that makes sense. My connection was never that good in the first place, without putting it through the horrorshow I hear Steam is now.

d0c_zaius

Jeez. I wish I could be as laid back as you to not care about things I buy working or being delivered on time.

after working in the industry for 10 years, it's easy. I even know the guy pushing the button for the PSN releases.

and yes, I sent him a message heckling him to push the ultra button.

you do realize everyone else is in the same boat you are in right? so why do you think there isn't a line of pickforks and torches ready to storm redwood city?

cause it's not a big deal.

Do you demand a free meal when you have to wait an extra five minutes for a table at a restaurant? Do you demand a refund when the previews for a movie make it start twenty minutes after the ticket time? Do you demand a free plane ticket every time a flight gets delayed? No? You're seriously overreacting. Just chill out and wait for the game, it won't kill you.

Tik-Tok

Absolutely not. What's horrible is that they advertised it as being usable an hour ago. Had it merely been a purchase on the PSN tomorrow, no sweat. But I don't appreciate people lying to my face in order to get my money.
This is not 'horrible'. No one lied deliberately. CALM YOURSELF.

mbpm1

It seems to me that Snapshot is treating it more like a restaurant meal than anything else. 1 hour being late there would be pretty bad. I really don't get it, bu w/e, I gotta wait months

Do you demand a free meal when you have to wait an extra five minutes for a table at a restaurant? Do you demand a refund when the previews for a movie make it start twenty minutes after the ticket time? Do you demand a free plane ticket every time a flight gets delayed? No? You're seriously overreacting. Just chill out and wait for the game, it won't kill you.

In order, no, but I certainly wouldn't tip a waiter that brought food to me an 90 minutes after I ordered it. No, because previews are part of the film, and I don't really fly, but if I were delayed out to a point where it really messed me up, I absolutely would demand compensation of some kind.

Reverend

Neo Member
Whether you were promised a new Porsche at 9am or a new mousepad at 9AM, the size or cost of the product is irrelevant if your purchase decision was partially predicated upon prompt delivery of said product.

bfwings55

Pat go back in time and talk about this on the podcast

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
after working in the industry for 10 years, it's easy. I even know the guy pushing the button for the PSN releases.

and yes, I sent him a message heckling him to push the ultra button.

you do realize everyone else is in the same boat you are in right? so why do you think there isn't a line of pickforks and torches ready to storm redwood city?

cause it's not a big deal.

Or maybe people have different standards or priorities for what's important to them? Just because it's not a big deal to you doesn't mean it's not a valid complaint. You working in the industry means nothing in the context of this.

I have no vested interest because I'm on 360, but people have every right to complain given the time specified for launch.

Tansut

The listing for Ultra is back up on the store, but now listed as if it's now available without any mention of the midnight release.

Tik-Tok

Absolutely. Whenever I was late to work in the past I would get chewed the fuck out, and my pay would obviously be docked by the missing minutes.
Time to find a new job and hobby?
I guess if Street Fighter is a couple hours late, you should figure out how much time you'll put in to it and deduct whatever percentage of playing time you missed out on and ask sony to reimburse you. What's 2% of 15 bux any how?

BpLkGDXCcAACcKo.jpg
Dat arcade release

Top Bottom