• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

d0c_zaius

Or maybe people have different standards or priorities for what's important to them? Just because it's not a big deal to you doesn't mean it's not a valid complaint. You working in the industry means nothing in the context of this.

I have no vested interest in this because I'm on 360, but people have every right to complain given the time specified for launch.

of course it does, because I know the number of things that can go wrong (and have personally pushed updates live), and it has nothing to do with anything like being lied to. it wasnt a stealth brag, so relax.

and you have no vested interest in this, but thanks for your whiteknighty contextless input anyway I guess...o_0

for the billionth time no one is saying the complaint isn't valid. lol.

Obviously Snapshot's issue isn't, "I need to have this right now, and they aren't letting me!" but "Hey I purchased this based upon Sony promising me that I could play at a specified time, and they failed to deliver on that."

I don't see why people are saying he is crying when it is completely reasonable to want to hold someone who has accepted your money to a higher standard when it comes to customer service.

mbpm1

I don't see why people are saying he is crying when it is completely reasonable to want to hold someone who has accepted your money to a higher standard when it comes to customer service.

I guess some people must not place high value in customer service, then. Which is a shame, in some way.

Reverend

Neo Member
Time to find a new job and hobby?
I guess if Street Fighter is a couple hours late, you should figure out how much time you'll put in to it and deduct whatever percentage of playing time you missed out on and ask sony to reimburse you. What's 2% of 15 bux any how?

If you only ever have jobs that are lax on attendance policy, count yourself lucky. Also, you're stuck on this price issue. That's not the point.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
of course it does, because I know the number of things that can go wrong, and it has nothing to do with anything like being lied to. it wasnt a stealth brag, so relax.

and you have no vested interest in this, but thanks for your input anyway I guess...o_0

It doesn't mean anything regarding consumer relations, really. Just because you know what can go wrong doesn't justify something going wrong.

EDIT: So you're not saying the complaint isn't valid? Then what are you saying? That it's not a false advertising? It's just semantics at that point.

Tik-Tok

Obviously Snapshot's issue isn't, "I need to have this right now, and they aren't letting me!" but "Hey I purchased this based upon Sony promising me that I could play at a specified time, and they failed to deliver on that."

No he's suggesting that he was purposely lied to as some sort of elaborate bait and switch.

vulva

of course it does, because I know the number of things that can go wrong (and have personally pushed updates live), and it has nothing to do with anything like being lied to. it wasnt a stealth brag, so relax.

and you have no vested interest in this, but thanks for your whiteknighty contextless input anyway I guess...o_0

for the billionth time no one is saying the complaint isn't valid. lol.

I even agreed that it sucks, but that's really about it. It's nothing major, it's like spilling your coffee. It sucks then you move on.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Yeah, this.

As someone who's put up with Sony's bullshit many times in the past, I think it's completely acceptable to be a bit angry over this. The NA PSN team has no idea how to properly run a digital storefront. MS, Nintendo, SCEJA and SCEE all do it just fine, but SCEA seemingly can't.

I wonder how Snapshot would've felt if he mained Deejay for 4 years then patiently waited for Deejay's time to shine in Ultra then got shafted

Laconic

Banned
With the outrage in this thread, you'd think some people in here came from privileged backgrounds, having never had been exposed to the real world before... zzzzz

Then go to Sony and ask for a refund and buy it when its available for everyone. He says he paid for the opportunity to preload and 'play early' (yet you play the same time anyone would as pre-ordering got you no benefit in playing it any earlier). It fixes his issue and he gets his money back and he can grab it (if he wants) when its available for everyone.

His intentions were to get it early and preload and since Sony clearly screwed up on that part, he deserves his money for that.

d0c_zaius

It doesn't mean anything regarding consumer relations, really. Just because you know what can go wrong doesn't justify something going wrong.

EDIT: So you're not saying the complaint isn't valid? Then what are you saying? That it's not a false advertising? It's just semantics at that point.

If you took the time to read the previous posts, people are saying the reaction isnt warranted, helpful or necessary. the complaint is of course valid if they shot themselves in the foot by putting a time that either wasnt communicated to everyone properly, or something got screwed up, or the update isn't posting properly, etc.

dude was saying he was purposely lied to. .COMMMON MANNNNNNNNN.

I'm not upset at all. I'm just saying your view is particularly skewed out of all the insult slinging in this thread.

Of course my view is skewed, and none of those insults are to you so why are you even involved lol.

Tik-Tok

If you only ever have jobs that are lax on attendance policy, count yourself lucky. Also, you're stuck on this price issue. That's not the point.
No, I worked hard to make sure I was in a position to have a job that appreciates the work I do and knows that it will get done regardless of when I start.
Also not sure how I'm stuck on price when that was the first time I brought it up, and that was only in response to the absurd suggestion that any form of compensation should be handed out.

geomon

I wonder how Snapshot would've felt if he mained Deejay for 4 years then patiently waited for Deejay's time to shine in Ultra then got shafted

pmkswhb.gif

If you took the time to read the previous posts, people are saying the reaction isnt warranted, helpful or necessary. the complaint is of course valid if they shot themselves in the foot by putting a time that either wasnt communicated to everyone properly, or something got screwed up, or the update isn't posting properly, etc.

Of course my view is skewed, and none of those insults are to you so why are you even involved lol.

I didn't say it was on purpose. I said that it was a lie, which is true. The store page is not accurate. It's false advertising.

FSLink

Banned

I don't feel his reaction was overblown, nor was he acting like a baby or blowing it out of proportion. I don't think that type of discussion is warranted or helpful or necessary too. Just seems like he's defending why he feels that way to me while people are just going "welp it's just a game maaaannnnnnn" while missing the point. He probably should stop talking about it though since it just makes his point look worse the more he talks about it, lol.

Either way, the real victims here are the DeeJay players.

d0c_zaius

I didn't say it was on purpose. I said that it was a lie, which is true. The store page is not accurate. It's false advertising.

sure, if you like to disregard intent when it comes to lying, but then thats not really a logical approach to looking at the issue.

at least you have seemed to calm down.

FSLink

Banned
If you tell someone you'll be at their place for 5pm and get stuck in traffic and show up later, is that a lie?

If they paid for you to show up at a certain place and time for a service, sure. Should have made preparations before hand to ensure you're not late. That's a bad analogy.

Tik-Tok

You said lying to your face to get your money, blatant false advertising, and that this is horrible to choose just a few of your words. Whether you realize it or not you're coming across as implying that this is all deliberate, which is making you seem absolutely over reacting and out of touch.

d0c_zaius

Absolutely, and they certainly would have reason to be upset if they paid me to be there on time.

it has to be deliberate intent or its not a lie, at least according to one dictionary.

lie1 [lahy] Show IPA
noun
a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. Synonyms: prevarication, falsification. Antonyms: truth.

even if sony sends out a press release and says "sorry dude forgot to push the button" there is no way to know the truth of what happened.

vg260

Accidental lie is still a lie.

People can mess up even with good intentions.

Absolutely not. What's horrible is that they advertised it as being usable an hour ago. Had it merely been a purchase on the PSN tomorrow, no sweat. But I don't appreciate people lying to my face in order to get my money.

Do you really think they deliberately intended to mislead you here? There a lot of people working at these companies, and a lot of people who can get misinformation, or things that could go wrong.

Yes, it said 9 PM Pacific, so yea, it's a valid complaint. However, I highly doubt there was some concerted effort to lie to your face or scam you out of your money with deliberate falsehoods. This is where I think the complaint goes from valid to off the rails.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
I guess I can see how this could be annoying for people who planned events based on the official release time.

I thought it was supposed to be released at midnight PST, so I wasn't counting on playing tonight, I just thought I'd leave it downloading overnight.

No biggie, i'm sure it'll be up tomorrow by the end of the workday.

Guys the app is out now!

Check your frame data while waiting another 12-48 hours for the download to come up

I'm playing Deejay in ultra.

*Ready for the pain*

Someone get this man a psychiatrist. This level of self-loathing has only been attained by Threi and Count Blackule.

Probably still gonna use Deejay in Ultra.. sadly :(

Top Bottom