• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Tik-Tok

I guess I can see how this could be annoying for people who planned events based on the official release time.

I thought it was supposed to be released at midnight PST, so I wasn't counting on playing tonight, I just thought I'd leave it downloading overnight.

No biggie, i'm sure it'll be up tomorrow by the end of the workday.
Hey! Stop being so fucking sensible ok? We're busy flying off the handle and accusing people of deep deception in here.
That's what capcom should retitle deep down.

FSLink

Banned
They'd have reason to be upset, but a reasonable person would realize that if the person was caught in traffic, they had no control over it.

I disagree, they could have left early/prepared early/etc to avoid traffic, that part is definitely within their control.

It's a silly analogy.

Is the app on the playstore yet?

Onemic

Guys the app is out now!

Check your frame data while waiting another 12-48 hours for the download to come up

Someone get this man a psychiatrist. This level of self-loathing has only been attained by Threi and Count Blackule.

Probably still gonna use Deejay in Ultra.. sadly :(

I dont see it on the play store

Guys the app is out now!

Check your frame data while waiting another 12-48 hours for the download to come up

Someone get this man a psychiatrist. This level of self-loathing has only been attained by Threi and Count Blackule.

Probably still gonna use Deejay in Ultra.. sadly :(

Wow.. The app is out 1.5 hrs after 12am ET.

Shit better be free. What false advertising...

Tansut

As entertaining as this thread has been, I think I'm gonna take a nap until 3 and then hope it's up at that point.

Also, if it goes live moments after I post this, then you're all welcome.

Mik317

They'd have reason to be upset, but a reasonable person would realize that if the person was caught in traffic, they had no control over it.

A professional would leave early just in case of traffic..they would also check traffic ahead of time for the same reason.

When money is involved, your word becomes waaay more important. If someone pays you to do something at a specific time/way/whatever it needs to be a close to exact as possible or else that person has legit beef. No matter how small.

If this was a free update, the stakes would change. We paid money to get the game early as advertised and they have failed to deliver on that. It's not a big deal but that doesn't mean it's ok.

I am not seeing whats so difficult to grasp about that.

A professional would leave early just in case of traffic..they would also check traffic ahead of time for the same reason.

When money is involved, your word becomes waaay more important. If someone pays you to do something at a specific time/way/whatever it needs to be a close to exact as possible or else that person has legit beef. No matter how small.

If this was a free update, the stakes would change. We paid money to get the game early as advertised and they have failed to deliver on that. It's not a big deal but that doesn't mean it's ok.

I am not seeing whats so difficult to grasp about that.

Those are the key words here, if there's some kind of mess-up, then "as possible" changes. They'll be there as soon as possible, factoring in the traffic. We'll get Ultra as soon as possible, factoring in the PSN crap.

I said it's a legit beef, but it isn't a lie.

Mik317

Wow.. The app is out 1.5 hrs after 12am ET.

Shit better be free. What false advertising...

I know you are joking but its not the same. The App didn't promise to be up at a certain time. That one line changes everything. If it was a vauge "sometime today", then you all would have a point.

They did not meet what they said they would do. Simple as that.

kingslunk

it doesn't work like that.

The first 3 months are basically "holy shit this char is totally underrated I am sweeping people so much! wtf are these deejay players talking about lol"

Along with the "there's secret tech no one has figured out" mentality.

Nah I know what I'm getting myself into.

Customer service is giving me the run around. Tells me PSN is under maintenance, or that we should wait till tomorrow. Stonewalls me when I ask about the false advertising or why it's not available yet.

d0c_zaius

That's kind of an extreme situation, I don't think it applies in this analogy since what was likely is that somebody put a description in the PSN store without realizing title updates are later.

it was a joke. But I'm not surprised you took it as a serious response considering how this thread has been.

Customer service is giving me the run around. Tells me PSN is under maintenance, or that we should wait till tomorrow. Stonewalls me when I ask about the false advertising or why it's not available yet.

Yes, because the person you are talking to is not from the legal department lol, or probably even knows what Ultra SF4 is. If anything they will forward you to someone else once you complain about them just nodding and saying sorry over and over.

vulva

I can handle USF4 not being out yet, but how the fuck is the app not out on the play store yet? My time is valuable and I expect compensation over this.

Imm0rt4l

What do you expect them to say? You have some high expectations of what customer service reps are privy to.

I can handle USF4 not being out yet, but how the fuck is the app not out on the play store yet? My time is valuable and I expect compensation over this.

Did you pay for the app ahead of time and was it advertised to release at a specific minute?

What do you expect them to say? You have some high expectations of what customer service reps are privy to.

People tell me to quit complaining here and talk to a customer service rep. I do so and people tell me that I'm asking too much. Were I to go higher up, I'm sure folks would tell me to stop wasting some big-wigs time. Can't win here.

FSLink

Banned
it was a joke. But I'm not surprised you took it as a serious response considering how this thread has been.

I knew it was a joke, but just felt like responding to it anyway. :p

They failed on delivering on a promise. No matter what the reason is.....that is kind of a lie.

Once again, not a big deal but still technically they failed to do what they said. Intention doesnt matter

I have to agree with this, but then we'll get into a 5 page discussion on the definition of a "lie", lol. How about we just agree it's stupid and it sucks and Sony could have prepared better or been more clear in the description?

v EDIT: Oh boy it begins.

d0c_zaius

They failed on delivering on a promise. No matter what the reason is.....that is kind of a lie.

Once again, not a big deal but still technically they failed to do what they said. Intention doesnt matter

of course intention matters? it's even in the dictionary definition. here it is again:

lie1 [lahy] Show IPA
noun
a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. Synonyms: prevarication, falsification. Antonyms: truth.

vulva

Did you pay for the app ahead of time and was it advertised to release at a specific minute?

It specifically said June 3rd 2014, not June 3rd 1/4 of the day or June 3rd and 1/12 of the day.

We're approaching 2am here, that means it should have been out 2 hours ago. Nowhere did they announce I would have to wait an extra half of a day. The advertising explicitly said June 3rd, no extra shenanigans were mentioned.

Tik-Tok

You actually called and asked about false advertising. I'm so embarrassed for you.

Horseress

Nothing is + or 0 on block. Nothing.

pmkswhb.gif

I'll probably not sleep at all tonight, but man this thread is gold atm

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
It's always the same... people just go to sleep will be out by tomorrow. Everyone so pressed to get it the second it gets out... it doesn't really matter!

d0c_zaius

You actually called and asked about false advertising. I'm so embarrassed for you.

I can actually see the CS team looking at themselves right now like WTFFFFFFFFFFF, and the one guy in charge is like "uuuuh send him to the tech team. maybe we can send him a demo disk?"

It specifically said June 3rd 2014, not June 3rd 1/4 of the day or June 3rd and 1/12 of the day.

We're approaching 2am here, that means it should have been out 2 hours ago. Nowhere did they announce I would have to wait an extra half of a day. The advertising explicitly said June 3rd, no extra shenanigans were mentioned.

Did you pay for it before hand based on that release date? Was it even possible to do so?

Why? I deserve to know and so do you.

Also, customer service says we gotta wait 3 hours. Not from 12am Eastern, but 3 hours from now, till 4:35am eastern.

Tik-Tok

I've been screwed over by googles false advertising and blatant lies so many times! Apple and Amazon can run an online store properly why not google?!?!?!?

Imm0rt4l

People tell me to quit complaining here and talk to a customer service rep. I do so and people tell me that I'm asking too much. Were I to go higher up, I'm sure folks would tell me to stop wasting some big-wigs time. Can't win here.

Seriously, what do you expect the rep to know/say? And you're still complaining so no, you didn't stop the first.

Top Bottom