• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Silky

Banned
So because it's on a video game forum it gives you free license to act like a baby over something so minor?

well yeah, otherwise we wouldn't have framerate/resolution threads everyday

I never said I agreed with his complaint. I just don't like a 'it's a video game' argument

vulva

edit:mad:Silky
Why not? It's worth having some scope over how big an issue is and what you deserve in exchange for it. Not getting to play a video game 12 hrs earlier than the final result seems beyond petty to me.
How is he acting like a baby?

(By the way, your avatar is an awesome movie)

He's acting like a baby by saying we should all get our money refunded, pretending that pre-ordering guaranteed early access (the access time is the same for anyone, regardless of pre-order) and acting like this is some nefarious deed over having to wait an extra... like 12 hrs.

As a friend of mine said, if you ordered something for overnight shipping from Amazon and it didn't show up when you woke up but rather at like 5pm, do you deserve a refund since it didn't arrive just overnight but you had an extended wait?

vg260

Sure, fine then. I should be partially refunded for my wasted time as a result. And to the score of folks telling me to calm down, I'm not exactly climbing the walls here, but I am mad that as a customer I've been fucked through no fault of my own. It's bullshit. It's a legitimate grievance to not get what you pay for. The only reason I pre-ordered Ultra was because of the early access and the pre-load.

Partially refunded? I understood the frustration, but no.

Expecting to keep the game that you can still play within 24 hours and get money back is ridiculous. Be reasonable No one's tryng to scam you here.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
When they said "midnight", did they specify a timezone? Usually when Sony says midnight, they mean midnight PST, since SCEA is in California (and isn't Capcom USA, too?).

Tik-Tok

Lol @ terms like 'direct lies' and 'blatant false advertising'. Yeah dude it was all a big ruse to bamboozle you out of you hard earned cash. Jokes on you, you have to wait entire HOURS to play your video game.

Nothing from his posts came across as particularly like a baby.

That's not early access.

If it DID come out at midnight (9pm PT), anyone could buy it and literally have it on their console in 15-30 mins. So paying for the preload sure... he mentioned that but he listed 'early access' as another note.

Anyone could get it instantly if it did come out. People who preordered don't receive an exclusive 12-24 hours of time to play it before anyone else...

FSLink

Banned
He's acting like a baby by saying we should all get our money refunded, pretending that pre-ordering guaranteed early access (the access time is the same for anyone, regardless of pre-order) and acting like this is some nefarious deed over having to wait an extra... like 12 hrs.

As a friend of mine said, if you ordered something for overnight shipping from Amazon and it didn't show up when you woke up but rather at like 5pm, do you deserve a refund since it didn't arrive just overnight but you had an extended wait?

Some would argue yes, but Amazon's kind of an exception in that case where they'd probably give you some credit or some shit. Not gonna happen with Sony especially if it still comes out later today. :p I still think it's fine to be upset, and it's not like he's be extremely whiny about it.

Why not? It's worth having some scope over how big an issue is and what you deserve in exchange for it. Not getting to play a video game 12 hrs earlier than the final result seems beyond petty to me.

If amazon guaranteed you delivery "when you woke up" you would have a right to be upset.

geomon

But you can get refunds for late packages. Also if you pre-order something that was advertised to be released at a specific date and time, is that not a guarantee? And did they not live up to their end of the transaction?

Mik317

If someone states that
if you buy it now, you will play it at 12AM/9PM and when those times come and that was a lie...then yeah he has legit beef.

Sure in the grand scheme of things it's not super important but they said one thing and didn't deliver. That isn't a good thing

Absolutely not, but if it arrived the day after, I absolutely deserve money back on my prime subscription or the shipping costs I paid. I don't see how it's acting like a baby to expect a retailer to follow through on their promises. If I bought milk at a grocery store that was expired and I had to make the trip back to get a new one, I would certainly expect some form of store credit for the trouble.

Silky

Banned

Oh it is petty. I agree that it's petty lol.

I dunno I just think there's a better way to show someone the 'bigger picture' of an issue like this.

Laconic

Banned
He brings up legit points guys.

He isn't raging about it just stating that it sucks that it's not up when they advertised it to be so.

Just because it's not a big deal doesn't mean it's okay for companies to mislead you.

Because god knows, Capcom has full control over PSN... lolololololol. Sony doesn't even have that much control over PSN. I say this as someone who has also preordered and predownloaded it on PSN. Chillaxing is healthier than Snapraging.

Espi

Banned
I don't mean to be rude, but why do you keep accusing me of crying? Do you honestly believe I am sitting here with tears in my eyes? To answer your question, no. I pay for prime. If a package is late, despite my paying for prime purely for the faster shipping, I don't cry and bawl like you seem to think I do. I call them up, and either get a partial refund or credit. I'm not sure why this concept is so outlandish to you, that you are a customer and should be valued because you are giving the retailer your dollars.

1. Keep? Pretty sure that's my only post in this thread directed at you.

2. Yes, I do based on the way you're reacting.

Yes it sucks, but why complain on a forum? Do you want us to set up an indiegogo and donate you your money back? We can't do shit, talk to the people responsible.

vulva

But you can get refunds for late packages. Also if you pre-order something that was advertised to be released at a specific date and time, is that not a guarantee? And did they not live up to their end of the transaction?

Refunds for the package itself or just the cost of the shipping?

Maybe I'm more sympathetic because I've seen firsthand issues with dealing with releasing something over SCEA, SCEE and SCEJ all at once and having issues with the release because of an input error in the forms being filled out. Mistakes happen, it's not the end of the world.

Mik317

Yes it sucks, but why complain on a forum? Do you want us to set up an indiegogo and donate you your money back? We can't do shit, talk to the people responsible.

why discuss anything on a forum, then?

geomon

Refunds for the package itself or just the cost of the shipping?

Maybe I'm more sympathetic because I've seen firsthand issues with dealing with releasing something over SCEA, SCEE and SCEJ all at once and having issues with the release because of an input error in the forms being filled out. Mistakes happen, it's not the end of the world.

For shipping.

Yes, mistakes happen and no it's not the end of the world but that doesn't make his grievance any less relevant.

1. My mistake.

2. This is a topic about Ultra. Discussing that Ultra isn't available and that this is bullshit is fair game, I'd expect.

3. I am on the line with Sonys live chat thing right now actually.

I don't really understand the logic behind white knighting a company that has falsely advertised something. Then going around telling people that are justifiably upset that "it's just a game".

milkham

I don't really understand the logic behind white knighting a company that has falsely advertised something. Then going around telling people that are justifiably upset that "it's just a game".

doesnt have to be white knighting could just be called "being reasonable"

kingslunk

The whole point of preordering and preloading a digital download is to be able to play it at midnight. Just saying.

Not that I give a shit but there is a reason those things exist.

Complaining about amazon not giving you a game at midnight is lol.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Does the Ultra update replace the AE update, or does it supplement it? I'm trying to gauge how much space I need on my HD.

Top Bottom