• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

rCIZZLE

Question: do all costumes now show up for both people while in match? Say I bought Ryu's Alt 2 will it now show up for my opponent? PS3 obviously.

tenz0r

The disc version comes with all the costumes?

from the official site:

Complete DLC Costume Offering (retail or full download ver. only): Consumers who purchase the retail or full download version will also receive all previously released costume DLC for the Street Fighter IV series (a $40 value) for free, making it the most complete offering of the game ever!

I seem to recall that Ultra comes with all DLC

If you buy the retail release of Ultra (digital or physical) you get all previous costume DLC from the old games. Which means, the new characters' DLC costumes as well as any new costumes for the old characters won't be included.

from the official site:
Now way. I'm fucking stoked now to rock some new outfits. Haven't bought anything since supers release when they had all the vanilla outfits for the cheap.
Edit: oh i see it says full download which means the game itself and not just dlc. Back to my damaged and robo Bison outfits.
Edit 2: shit accidental double post. Thanks phone.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm really liking the space theme. Overall the game feels incomplete. Needs a new character select screen, etc.

stn

@The Mango Sentinel

1. What's the range on cr.mk?

2. Is st. mp reliable as an AA?

3. How safe is the first hit of patriot circle? See if SRK's and jabs can punish it. Experiment with spacing it out with normals, too, please.

:)

Insanely early I know but do Poison and Rolento seem decent? Those are the new characters I am looking forward to messing around with...when the update drops on PC in 2 months :/

SUPARSTARX

Good morning so far. Got to play with new Bison stuff in ranked matches from grinding it out a bit on PC Mod lol. J.mp j.mp into Psycho Crusher da gawd! c.LK xx MK Scissor EXFA Ultra 1 hooooooo

its 2014 and people still ask if poison is a tranny/man.

She's not. Capcom needed to get final fight past the american censors at nintendo so when they were asked about the violence against women in the game capcom said there werent any women. which is why poison and roxy are replaced by males in the snes version

Horseress

well, glad I took the morning off and got to sleep a little during the night

man, fight request on training mode is DA BEST! DA. BEST. and Decapre is interesting....

something I noticed: Guile's hurtboxes looks different...certain combos are harder to do on him for some reason....(I'm playing E. Ryu btw)

darkonitenshi

Neo Member
its 2014 and people still ask if poison is a tranny/man.

She's not. Capcom needed to get final fight past the american censors at nintendo so when they were asked about the violence against women in the game capcom said there werent any women. which is why poison and roxy are replaced by males in the snes version

In the Japanese SNES Final Fight's own manual says they are new-half aka trannies.

@The Mango Sentinel

1. What's the range on cr.mk?

2. Is st. mp reliable as an AA?

3. How safe is the first hit of patriot circle? See if SRK's and jabs can punish it. Experiment with spacing it out with normals, too, please.

:)
1. The range sucks. It doesn't even seem like the hitbox goes to his ankle. His entire fit was going past Ryu's foot and it was still whiffing.

2. Seems like a solid AA. Sometimes the timing is a little weird, but the hitbox is generous.

3. Easily punished with an srk. I don't think it even has to be reversal timing. Can be punished by Ryu's cr.LP. Yeah it doesn't seem too safe. I even tested it at max range with cr.mk xx L patriot circle and H srk can still punish it. Super as well.

stn

1. The range sucks. It doesn't even seem like the hitbox goes to his ankle. His entire fit was going past Ryu's foot and it was still whiffing.

2. Seems like a solid AA. Sometimes the timing is a little weird, but the hitbox is generous.

3. Easily punished with an srk. I don't think it even has to be reversal timing. Can be punished by Ryu's cr.LP. Yeah it doesn't seem too safe. I even tested it at max range with cr.mk xx L patriot circle and H srk can still punish it. Super as well.

Thank you! Eh, yeah, Rolento sounds pretty average. Oh well, still going to use him.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I noticed it's harder to connect Sakura's EX tatsu from certain combos because it goes further.

I like both Poison and Decapre.

Jesus christ Rolento SUCKS. All Fuckin Rolls are -8 on Block with no push back which is free Ultra for a lot of character. Telegraphed move that's -8?!?!

Edit:

Even worse dude's only invincible move is the EX version of that super shitty slow wall jump that no one uses...

Kimosabae

Banned
Anyone manage to get Ultra on 360 in America yet? I just downloaded it and nothing happened. It says ver. 2014 but it's still AE 2012.

Why the fuck is this almost 2 gigs?

Top Bottom