• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

AutumnAve

I knew in my heart of hearts that Ultra wouldn't be ready, but I allowed myself to fall prey to the delusion. See you all online this evening.

The world is round.

Hopefully this is up on XBL in a few hours, all the other DLC updates where up around 8-9 pm est in aus.
5am over here. I got a 4 hour nap before work. I would think that patch would've dropped now but they must be sleeping over there at Sony.

Westlo

25 meg title update, lets go.

*play ultra from 8-9pm to 3 am, no regrets*
*buys a few red bulls for tomorrow morning*

Westlo

$20 aus, dat down under tax

Seriously, how da fuck do I check my download progress on xbl

Edit nvm lol, was too hyped found it

Geniuzz

Let the games begin... I will have to wait until I get out of work, but in a few hours I'll be firing that mother up on XBL. Ooooh yeah!!!

Westlo

That's disappointing if true. No new background art?

prob come with the retail patch, along with trials and stuff. seems they're including the meat and potatoes in this patch and the retail will have everything else.

i'm hoping they include new dlc costumes with the retail disc.

sca2511

I got a patch notice for 1.08? Installing now...

edit. meh nevermind.

edit again. nevermind that nevermind, its Ultra! It's fixed!

Westlo

*prays to the fraud cammy gods i can hit her now 1 frame c.hp c.mk link on my pana plasma.*

Or time to learn how to plink after 5 years lol :(

With AE that didn't change if you updated. the only way to get the new title screen was the disc version of AE.

I'm guessing Ultra will be the same way, a limitation of the update process... the Ultra disc will likely have a changed screen

edit: DL'ing now, title update and now 1.92GB update on US XBL
Unless they release a ps4 version I guess I'll forever just see my super screen. Now only 8 more hours till I'm off work to play.

With AE that didn't change if you updated. the only way to get the new title screen was the disc version of AE.

I'm guessing Ultra will be the same way, a limitation of the update process... the Ultra disc will likely have a changed screen

edit: DL'ing now, title update and now 1.92GB update on US XBL

I actually am using the disc copy of AE. lol
It's no biggy. Just found it odd that the title screen wasn't changed. Some menus were, though.

i have played street fighter 4 since the original release, how different is this from that?

A lot has changed:
  • 19 new characters (10 from Super, 4 from Arcade Edition and 5 from Ultra), for a total of 44 characters (compared to the original SFIV, which had 25 characters total)
  • 11 new stages (5 from Super, 6 from the Ultra update)
  • Every character got a second Ultra Combo (since Super)
  • New gameplay mechanics added in the Ultra update: Red Focus, Ultra Combo Double, delayed wake up
  • new online modes

Watch this video (or check the OP), to see the gameplay changes and new online modes.
Just beware, you cannot buy this new Ultra DLC for your old Street Fighter IV. Only Super Street Fighter can be upgraded.

A lot has changed:
  • 19 new characters (10 from Super, 4 from Arcade Edition and 5 from Ultra), for a total of 44 characters (compared to the original SFIV, which had 25 characters total)
  • 11 new stages (5 from Super, 6 from the Ultra update)
  • Every character got a second Ultra Combo (since Super)
  • New gameplay mechanics added in the Ultra update: Red Focus, Ultra Combo Double, delayed wake up
  • new online modes

Watch this video (or check the OP), to see the gameplay changes and new online modes.
Just beware, you cannot buy this new Ultra DLC for your old Street Fighter IV. Only Super Street Fighter can be upgraded.

have they added a car smashing mode?

Top Bottom