• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Aquashark

Banned
PSN here. I've played ~10 matches so far, no lag at all. I think they changed something, has to be
they would've surely boasted about it

these are the same people who couldn't add a Rematch button or Pass Turn button.. an intern could do those in a few hours including testing.

cackhyena

I will never understand how they continually choose to omit a rematch button for online. I remember asking it on Garnet's podcast on 1UP and Seth Killian just shrugged it off. It must just be that most people didn't care enough to complain about it. I find it ridiculous.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hey so how's Abel looking?

ibq3NAk93GvuJX.gif

V_Arnold

So...focus breaker attacks kill Red Focus as well, right? Otherwise, we could just red focus tatsumakis....

Also, what will be the input for delayed wakeup?

TheMink

Havent played in a bit, but i was intermediate at best. I actually have a fight pad and everything. I know how to FADC combo and stuff, but only in controlled environments really. I'm working on getting consistent though.

But i was wanting to get a little better, one thing im having trouble with (watching ken combos vids) is chaining a lot of normal attacks in a row it seems simple but i keep dropping them almost immediately. Any tips?

Horseress

I've just noticed, there's a new option on the "Player Data" menu: "Prize Code", description: "Enter Prize Code to unlock Prize. Prize Codes are given away at different USFIV events."

interesting...

Yun's crossup blows and ex lunge doesnt combo into ultra (for most of the cast). So his ex lunge is basically AE 2012 ex lunge but its +1 on block.

Only saving grace for Rolento so far is the damage increase on EX.Patriot is very noticable as all 7 hits count as one big hig in the damage scaling.

More Bad Stuff:

-EX Knife throw sucks dick. You can combo Ultra out of it but you are probably never going to hit it cause it has no invulnerability at all & half the time if your close the knives just fly past your opponents head.

-His jump ins really suck.

The buff to Rose's lk. Soul Spiral is actually really good. There would be some ranges before where if you hit too many buttons then comboed into heavy Spiral it wouldn't go far enough, now light Soul Spiral hits.

Only saving grace for Rolento so far is the damage increase on EX.Patriot is very noticable as all 7 hits count as one big hig in the damage scaling.

More Bad Stuff:

-EX Knife throw sucks dick. You can combo Ultra out of it but you are probably never going to hit it cause it has no invulnerability at all & half the time if your close the knives just fly past your opponents head.

-His jump ins really suck.
Ehhh he doesn't seem that bad, just kinda average. Then again it's the first day, so who knows.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yun's crossup blows and ex lunge doesnt combo into ultra (for most of the cast).

I like what I'm hearing.

I've just noticed, there's a new option on the "Player Data" menu: "Prize Code", description: "Enter Prize Code to unlock Prize. Prize Codes are given away at different USFIV events."

interesting...

That is interesting. Maybe they're going to be implementing something like ResidentEvil.net, where they provide redemption codes for bonuses and unlockables (probably just titles or something).

stn

I had a feeling Rolento would be lower-mid tier after seeing the recent change log. No safe pressure, some moves highly telegraphed, and a very floaty jump. Ugh, he went from being good to meh so fast. The Guile matchup is also probably going to be a nightmare.

Looks like I'll work on a backup Yang, Rose, and Balrog.

Top Bottom