• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

oroboros

Elena seems like shes exactly like she was in 3S, jabs dont link into anything else but jabs, short doesn't link into anything at all, her only comboable specials seem to come off her EX moves or cancelling from strong/fwd or st.jab.

Actually you can do c.LP, c.LP, c.MP, into whatever special you want to end.

That's pretty much her only link, but is does do more damage than only doing 2 or 3 crouching jabs into special.

cackhyena

Elena seems like shes exactly like she was in 3S, jabs dont link into anything else but jabs, short doesn't link into anything at all, her only comboable specials seem to come off her EX moves or cancelling from strong/fwd or st.jab.
Doesn't sound fun.

Onemic

Actually you can do c.LP, c.LP, c.MP, into whatever special you want to end.

That's pretty much her only link, but is does do more damage than only doing 2 or 3 crouching jabs into special.

oh, I'll try that out.

And is it just me or is here cr.jab not cancellable at all?

JeTmAn81

Uploading my first ranked match to Youtube. The whole match is playing out. Apparently it records in realtime? How...convenient.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Um, wtf...doing training mode with Dhalsim, and I can't Catastrophe and super at the same time like before. I have to wait until the catastrophe fireball vanishes, then I can combo super.

I tested it out on previous versions, and it can do both simultaneously just fine...I don't get why they needed to change that.

IronLich

I'm really liking Poison, at least. Sad thing is the only thing that breaks armor is her EX kick. At least I know as a Juri player there's little to worry about there.

Decapre's also interesting. Liking the Guy-esque mixups on the slide, and at least the armor break off those seems to only be for EX.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Juggle property for EX yoga flame is looking sorta useless at the moment. The recovery is too long to combo into anything when not in the corner. In the corner, I can only combo into cr.mk cr.mp and cr.hp with good timing.

Um, wtf...doing training mode with Dhalsim, and I can't Catastrophe and super at the same time like before. I have to wait until the catastrophe fireball vanishes, then I can combo super.

I tested it out on previous versions, and it can do both simultaneously just fine...I don't get why they needed to change that.
You're doomed Renta. Doomed.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Sounds like she's still a strong footsie/normals type character. I thought Gamerbee was linking stuff off of EX Mallet Smash though?

Elena's priority on some of her specials are all out of wack.

Reminds me of vanilla Balrog where you'd try to get a exUpper and Smash would come out instead

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Juggle property for EX yoga flame is looking sorta useless at the moment. The recovery is too long to combo into anything when not in the corner. In the corner, I can only combo into cr.mk cr.mp and cr.hp with good timing.

OK, I can combo b.mk after flame when not in the corner, but I gotta be at point blank range, and it serves as a reset. Doesn't seem that useful....yet.

Mike M

Nick N
Fuuuu... My code didn't seem to go through for the credit, just are the full amount of the upgrade.

Not having a good day of this so far : /

Brett Awesome

Neo Member
Looking like the PP stays the same when you switch accounts while running the game. Friend signed in to have a shot and he's got the same PP as me without playing a game.

Mike M

Nick N
What do you mean?
Entered the code I got from GameStop, *thought* I had hit confirm to add the credit (though in retrospect, never got an e-mail notification about funds being added.) Bought the Ultra upgrade at full price.

Top Bottom