• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

RS4-

Why the fuck do I have to log in from my 360 to buy the game using MS points when I can't even do that online.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Installed the game this morning and messed around with Elena and Poison. What are some BnBs with Elena? I got EX Linx Tail into Ultra, but that's about it. Lol

Quadratic

If you're from Canada I found I way to buy the DLC upgrade on 360 + get the preorder from the Gamestop.com site courtesy of EventHubs.

By a gift certificate to yourself for $15.00 USD It will be sent to your email.

Then you can use that gift card code to buy the upgrade using a fake US address and have it sent to your email. The Xbox points and DLC costume code should work since it's a NA system. At least I hope it does.

Sucks how the Xbox store doesn't allow preorder of DLC like SEN does.

So I got my order from Gamestop this morning for the MS points. Unfortunately the code won't work due to currencies not matching. Lesson learned and I hope if anyone tried this can hopefully sell the codes on the B/S/T forums. Ugh, it was so much simpler on the Sony store.

RS4-

So I got my order from Gamestop this morning for the MS points. Unfortunately the code won't work due to currencies not matching. Lesson learned and I hope if anyone tried this can hopefully sell the codes on the B/S/T forums. Ugh, it was so much simpler on the Sony store.

hahaha

wow.

stn

@Quadratic

Do the pre-order costumes work at least? Bummer. I was thinking to do this but chickened out.

Installed the game this morning and messed around with Elena and Poison. What are some BnBs with Elena? I got EX Linx Tail into Ultra, but that's about it. Lol

I just started playing around but for Poison a quick and easy combo at close range is cr.LP, st.LK, cr.HP xx rekkas

Beckx

If you create a US tag can you redeem the code? Then since the primary license is on that console you should be able to play the game fine with your normal tag.

Quadratic

If you create a US tag can you redeem the code? Then since the primary license is on that console you should be able to play the game fine with your normal tag.

The code is just for points to buy the game. I can still get the game on the Canadian store and trade/sell the $15.00USD code later. I went through this hassle just to get the DLC costumes lol.

No word yet on the DLC since Gamestop is sending the code later. I'll report back if that failed. US DLC from my experience isn't region locked.

oroboros

The priority for Elena's super to come out instead of her U1 is just weird.

For real, no idea why they didn't just make the motion direction different for each or make one end with punches and the other with kicks.

Anyone pre-order from Gamestop online? I received a code that gave me $15 XBL credit to buy the game I guess, but does that include the pre-order costumes or like how do I get them? I only got this one code for the credit. Thought there would be 2 codes one for the credit and one for the costumes or something.

Beckx

The code is just for points to buy the game. I can still get the game on the Canadian store and trade/sell the $15.00USD code later. I went through this hassle just to get the DLC costumes lol.

No word yet on the DLC since Gamestop is sending the code later. I'll report back if that failed. US DLC from my experience isn't region locked.

It might work, and might not. IIRC, with Cave's JP games there was one piece of DLC that could actually be redeemed on the US store, but everything else had to be redeemed on the JP store AFAIK. Of course that example is a game that lives only on the JP store anyway, so maybe the chances are better for a game available in both regions.

If it does fail the US tag method should work. It's not too hard to create a tag for a different region.

Zapages

I guess there will be a patch, which will edition select for online and add trials for the new characters. Also re-balance the game a bit more.

RyudBoy

Holy shit I gained a penny through ordering from GameStop.

They better email me with a code to unlock the costumes, or else!

Onemic

Elena seems like shes exactly like she was in 3S, jabs dont link into anything else but jabs, short doesn't link into anything at all, her only comboable specials seem to come off her EX moves or cancelling from strong/fwd or st.jab.

RS4-

So whats up with Hugo inconsistencies.

Moonsault Press comes out 10/10 times
Meatsquasher is 50/50. Not sure if that's because the motion overlaps with Shootdown depending on whether or not you go CW or CCW on 360s and player side.

70%... almost time.

I'll probably be in training all day, might get online later, only on 360 atm, GT is: HereComesM0ngo. I hope my Blanka(been maining the little green bastard since SF2, I'm sticking with him, regardless of the hate) and Vega changes are useful.

How's the online on 360 been? Fairly smooth? Has the Rolento army descended upon us?

Top Bottom