• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Shouta

Damn, people hit ranked hard in the few hours since I went to sleep. I was #1 on PSN when I went to bed, now I'm #7 lol

If you mean Edition Select, try going to Local Versus mode.

That's what I meant!

I don't have the game yet, just wondering if it was included. Neat. Now I just have to sit through a fucking 3 hour download because I'll be running on my phone's internet.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I just got out of class and I know people probably already discovered but for Elena a good jump in punish on the corner is:

j.HP -> cr.MK xxx EX Lynx Tail xxx Ultra I

I'm about to start testing the startup invincibility on U1 to see if I can punish fireball characters.

7f

Maining Decapre. She's going to be so cheap

thanks. those 3 frames make a huge difference.

i need to get used to her bnb combos. i've just been doing hands after jump-ins (e.honda habit), but i need to practice cr.lk cr.lp cr.mk psycho sting <---though is cr.lp cr.mp an easier link? i know mp/mk does the same damage, just wanted to know if there was a difference.

Caj814

So...I preordered on gamestop for 360 and the code they gave me was for $15 Xbox Live "Points". Isn't there supposed to be another code for the costumes?

Some questions, Ultra-GAF:

How's the PS3 version of this? Does is still have that 1-2 frame input delay that past versions had? The 360 version isn't an option for me right now for various reasons.

Does the upgrade version come with all of the versions' costumes like the retail version in August will?

Anyone?

Shouta

Why delay the disc and PC release?

I guess for the monies?

I wanted the disc with all the costumes but now I essentially have to buy it twice to do that, making it of no value.

Original release was supposed to be August but they put out a DL version for Evo this year which is why a lot of stuff is stripped down and isn't there yet.

HK Lynx tail -> fadc is so good.

You are like +20 at least.

Agree. You can fadc into close s.fierce too off of HK Lynx Tail now that c.fierce is not cancellable anymore. Jump fierce, c.strong, HK Lynx Tail, fadc, s.fierce, forward Rhino Horn corner carry. Good stuff.

Wynnebeck

Banned
WTF!? Elena's st.MP as an AA hit-confirms into slide guaranteed for a hard knockdown? I need someone to confirm this in a real match since I can't do it atm.

Yudoken

Bought the tournament edition arcade stick for 360 (I've never used an arcade stick before) and it will arrive soon but I won't buy the dlc upgrade.
I will wait for 360 disc and pc upgrade version.
Until then it will be AE 2012 ans 3rd strike.

IronLich

It's a tight setup though. It's off Meat Smasher grab, and you're doing Jab to super, AND the super to Ultra setup is also tight. So yeah, 741 for all your resources, but the risk factor is very high, even for someone like Justin Wong.

K.Sabot

HK Lynx -> FADC -> Brave Dance whiffs on the following when crouching: Ibuki, Makoto, Rolento, Chun-li, Cammy, Decapre, Vega.

Seems to work on everyone in the corner though.

Doing these tests suck when you have like 40 characters now.

Brave Dance looks like it hits on the other side when ryu is crouching. Possible crossup opportunity? Edit: nah.

kirblar

Looks like Super into Ultra is a thing for Hugo. 700+ damage.
Yup, always been that way. If you're using U1 you can just Backbreaker. (In the Arcade version the Super+BB did so much damage as to make using U2 in that circumstance nearly unnecessary.)

K.Sabot

EX Scratch Wheel FADC forward dash is +1 or +2.

Capcom forgot!

HK Lynx FADC forward is positive on block.

edit: well, not that ridiculous after further testing.

Top Bottom