• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

IronLich

Ok, so Juri/Hugo is just fucking sad. I can throw Medium Fireball all day, maybe keep a Heavy on standby, but... aww good, I just feel SO terrible for Hugo players.

Any tips for someone who hasn't played a single Street Fighter game (competitively) since SF2: Turbo? Should I be playing the CPU first?

Pretty much.

Just keep playing and trying different characters. Get used to the cancel/Focus attack mechanics as well. Aside from that the trials give a good idea of what you might want to try as well. Like all fighters, gotta keep playing to get the feel of the game.

Spiderduff

So...I preordered on gamestop for 360 and the code they gave me was for $15 Xbox Live "Points". Isn't there supposed to be another code for the costumes?

Yeah, this happened to me as well. I thought it would redeem the actual upgrade...I sent an email to gamespot to see if this is the case.

Exr

Waiting till thurs to pick it up. Played Boxer and Claw since Vanilla, have dabbled in Rose since Super and I'm really hype about her changes. How are you guys faring against Rolentos?

Tesseract

Banned
hope the 'waiting for other player' shit gets addressed. totally loving this update so far, dat evil ryu target extension poke. the new characters are wonderful additions to the roster, rolento is a beast.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah, this happened to me as well. I thought it would redeem the actual upgrade...I sent an email to gamespot to see if this is the case.
First code is for enough points to buy the upgrade when it's out.

2nd Code is for costumes, and this will be emailed to you "within 2 days" of receiving your first code. That one will actually be for specific DLC, and not just monetary points.

Just for reference, it mentions the fact that the preorder was just for points on the pre-order page. This is generally how all Download codes work on live.

Spiderduff

2nd Code is for costumes, and this will be emailed to you "within 2 days" of receiving your first code. That one will actually be for specific DLC, and not just monetary points.

Just for reference, it mentions the fact that the preorder was just for points on the pre-order page. This is generally how all Download codes work on live.

Oh, good to know. Didnt really pay attention when I pre-ordered on mobile. Thanks!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So far with all the new changes, it's hard to figure out many things. I got blown by delayed wakeup and just the different timing of certain moves. And all the new characters are an enigma and it will take a while to fight them properly, except for Hugo because he is completely free to zoning.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Time has gone by so slow today. Still have a bit over an hour of work. HURRY UP MUST PLAY MUST PLAY

kcxiv

how the hell do you get the new costumes with the gamestop preorder? all i did was get a damn 15 dollars credit!

Spiderduff

how the hell do you get the new costumes with the gamestop preorder? all i did was get a damn 15 dollars credit!

Dont worry I had the same question:

Originally Posted by SAB CA

IronLich

Did you guys find out Poison has an extra hit on her EX Rekka that launches into U1 free? Blew my mind just now lol.

It sounds like the same thing she could already do in SFxT. Rekka launch kick into super (U1 now). I was glad to see it was still a thing in this game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It sounds like the same thing she could already do in SFxT. Rekka launch kick into super (U1 now). I was glad to see it was still a thing in this game.

Oh, it goes right into Ultra? That's pretty nice. It looks like a great tool to use for resets.

Degen

Hawk is a monster

Kick condor spires are actually really intuitive

gonna need a warmup before I beast on Kadey & crew in the stream tho

kirblar

Hawk is a monster

Kick condor spires are actually really intuitive

gonna need a warmup before I beast on Kadey & crew in the stream tho
I got blown up a few matches in a row until I discovered that the spires had been changed to forward DP + K.

B00TE

de3z2SE.jpg
Rolento is a lot of fun, though I'm getting blown up left and right. Hakan is a monster.

Got a few hours in with the game and did some ranked with Hugo with W Ultra. I really using him, I think I will stick with him for the long run. I will probably try out some Poison later, but not for a while.

Left my session as 19th Hugo, but I am sure that will drop by the end of the day.

My last match was a nice comeback in the third round.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSvPGCkqln8

I also really enjoy that youtube upload feature.

I also noticed quite a few people seem to miss a follow up level 3 focus on a stunned Hugo. Maybe his stand up animation is longer than other characters? You notice it in the third round of that replay I posted.

Unfortunately I believe I encountered a lag switch user on PSN "Friend_or_Foe40b" He used T hawk and at the end of the first round I got a bunch of "waiting for player" messages and the connection took a nose dive.

MoxManiac

Got a few hours in with the game and did some ranked with Hugo with W Ultra. I really using him, I think I will stick with him for the long run. I will probably try out some Poison later, but not for a while.

Left my session as 19th Hugo, but I am sure that will drop by the end of the day.

My last match was a nice comeback in the third round.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSvPGCkqln8

I also really enjoy that youtube upload feature.

I also noticed quite a few people seem to miss a follow up level 3 focus on a stunned Hugo. Maybe his stand up animation is longer than other characters? You notice it in the third round of that replay I posted.

Unfortunately I believe I encountered a lag switch user on PSN "Friend_or_Foe40b" He used T hawk and at the end of the first round I got a bunch of "waiting for player" messages and the connection took a nose dive.

So the youtube thing is working on PS3? Still won't work on 360 :(

Top Bottom