• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

hypernima

Banned
I just started playing. This link is silly fast, between the second c.lp and the c.mp. I really am not feeling her at all. I just hopped on the Decapre train. After ten minutes of playing Psycho Cammy, I think I've found my main.

I might use poison instead, cause she seems legit.

It looks like she backdashes a bit after it hits/blocks?

Also, after her standing normals, she does this little weird animation, almost like a throw.

She feels really weird. I mained her in 3s. Idk I feel right now, haha.

It's the starting of her idle dancing animation I think

Onemic

Everyone got off the Elena train SO quick lmao

I think I'm still gonna stick with her, she seems really unique and that will definitely be an asset against other players.

Nyoro SF

Everyone got off the Elena train SO quick lmao

I think I'm still gonna stick with her, she seems really unique and that will definitely be an asset against other players.

When they undo some of the nerfs I'll give her a shot. Right now it's kind of funny how hopeless she looks heh

kirblar

Unless you have a local scene Elena seems just not doable due to how strict her timing is. :( Justin gonna blow so many up w her due to matchup inexperience.

Threi

notag
Well its not free of course, but you utilize rose's tools and understand what deejay's options are in certain situations, she can pretty much completely shut him down at all areas on the screen. Its a pretty hard counter imo

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Of course I'm interested in the tier lists for the main mode, but I'm really curious how characters from all versions will stack up.

I know it'd probably never be tournament-standard, but it could be a fun side-thing.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
A question I suspect nobody will be able to answer... Are PS360/PS3 upgrades up on XBL/PSN Japan yet? I only own the Japanese versions of AE but I want Elena in my veins NOW. Sadly, not in a position to check atm.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Unless you have a local scene Elena seems just not doable due to how strict her timing is. :( Justin gonna blow so many up w her due to matchup inexperience.

I'm not giving up! She's my favorite character and I plan to go all in on her. She's just going to take some work. I can hit her BnB 70% of the time facing left but facing right has me stumped.

Anne

Pssst SRK, I saw your unblockable round up. My video actually shows you can beat DWU in the same set up by reacting and adjusting on the fly ^.^

Onemic

I'm not giving up! She's my favorite character and I plan to go all in on her. She's just going to take some work. I can hit her BnB 70% of the time facing left but facing right has me stumped.

Same here, I'm sticking with her long term. She has a lot of really cool tools to play around with, that ex overhead seems like it'll be really useful.

in the corner: EX overhead, c.LP, c.MPxxEX overhead, c.LP, c.MPxxMK scythe does 320 dmg....off an overhead!

It actually works midscreen too, but it would do less dmg, just add in another c.lp for each c.lp, c.mp loop

mollipen

Well, my first Team Battle is showing me the problem with Team Battles among random people. People just quitting whenever, unstable connections forcing rounds to re-start multiple times, etc.

Probably a lot of fun when you've got a group you know won't bail.

Sorry if this has been covered but can someone tell me if the EU digital update comes with the bonus udon costumes, if I bought it now? There was no pre order in the EU right?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
His good matchups are really good and his bad matchups are really bad.

How's his moveset? Still got dem claps and frame advantage thereafter? Does he feel sluggish (he's pretty nimble for a big guy in 3S)? I ask mostly based on intial reactions here to Elena feeling "off".

Onemic

Elena's EX overhead seems to whiff in the corner depending on what side you're on(at least against decapre) on the P1 side it whiffs if you don't do two c.lps, on the p2 side you can get away with only doing 1 and it won't whiff. Weird.

Just tried Evil Ryu's mid screen unblockable against Cammy, it's still there. This is the same one that Sako used to blow up Xiaohai in Topanga Asia League. This of course only matters if Cammy doesn't use DWU. I tried to time it with a jab but it's hard to do since this is one of those unblockables that require you to walk forward for a few frames. But still, it's there. And if they use DWU, I can react to it with a dive kick to maintain pressure. Unless of course she DP's and my dive kick gets blown up.

vulva

Elena's EX overhead seems to whiff in the corner depending on what side you're on(at least against decapre) on the P1 side it whiffs if you don't do two c.lps, on the p2 side you can get away with only doing 1 and it won't whiff. Weird.

I never saw an update, what's going on with the FE?

Anne

Just tried Evil Ryu's mid screen unblockable against Cammy, it's still there. This is the same one that Sako used to blow up Xiaohai in Topanga Asia League. This of course only matters if Cammy doesn't use DWU. I tried to time it with a jab but it's hard to do since this is one of those unblockables that require you to walk forward for a few frames. But still, it's there. And if they use DWU, I can react to it with a dive kick to maintain pressure. Unless of course she DP's and my dive kick gets blown up.

I'm fairly convinced most throw unblocks will be impractical due to stricter timings, harder to adjust to. Exception would be characters with really fast jump arcs and a lot of KD time to work with, but even then it's eh.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think Capcom just said fuck it and released it as is for the time being. The game just feels so incomplete in many areas.

Top Bottom