• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

mbpm1

Sagat feels significantly worse.

Lol at the stand light kick "buff", you can't even cancel the 2 hits at anything other than point blank range.

Also, calling it right now Adon is still really good. Seems crouching jab x3 to rising jaguar connects on Crouchers now??

I knew it. Damn.

Aquashark

Banned
Ultra so far for me:

- no Edition Select option for Endless
- no rematch option in 2p Endless
- no improved regional search filters
- no pass turn button in 3p+ lobbies
- no DWU dummy setting
- no updated title screen

+ lag simulator in training
+ Yun no longer having trouble getting in

/s

B00TE

Youtube upload isn't working on the 360 side right now, wanted to see how it would stack up to what I could capture myself.

I really need to learn how to burn meter with Rolento, match I just did I won but I think I did so just by basic fundamentals. That waiting for other players thing killed the rematch though. Got lit up the first round, but then I won the second. Final round, down to the wire, both of us 1/4th health and then we got disconnected. :[

Hopefully that gets fixed soon.

EX Scratch Wheel FADC forward dash is +1 or +2.

Capcom forgot!

HK Lynx FADC forward is positive on block.

edit: well, not that ridiculous after further testing.

Nice! And that situation would lead to a good mixup for her toward+strong overhead on block. You can link s.short if the overhead counter-hits...

mbpm1

You can also get a second rekka chain or a DP follow up, or just neutral jump into another mixup. It's really versatile.

Yep, also in case people didn't know, EX Rekka for Poison is another armor breaker besides her EX Jaguar Kick type thing.

Man, I wish I could play.

Laconic

Banned
Is there an easier way to do cr.lp cr.lp cr.mp xx dp for elena?

I just started playing. This link is silly fast, between the second c.lp and the c.mp. I really am not feeling her at all. I just hopped on the Decapre train. After ten minutes of playing Psycho Cammy, I think I've found my main.

Threi

notag
man going from pc to 360 is awful...input lag is nuts

DeeJay's "improved" ultra recovery is barely noticeable. He's pretty much still in an awful position, but the damage reduction is noticeable (especially with W ultra, it barely does anything)

mk sobat > fa level 2 (or red focus) is pretty nifty.

knee shot buff is pretty overrated imo. The damage benefit he (used) to get off it was pretty miniscule, and with the damage nerf its pretty much the same as he used to do, give or take 30dmg

however...it seems like the hitbox is slightly different on it. It seems to cross up more than it used to.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Man, playing with Elena is going to be tough. She doesn't feel as smooth as she does in 3rd Strike and end up feeling sorta clunky, especially on her links. I really want to play her, but Poison is looking like a stronger choice.

Nori Chan

So I bought the code from Gamestop and they didn't even send me a code. They sent me to their website to get the code under my order history.

Here's the kicker: there is nothing in my order history |:

So I bought the code from Gamestop and they didn't even send me a code. They sent me to their website to get the code under my order history.

Here's the kicker: there is nothing in my order history |:

Sign in under guest and type in your email and order number. I went through the same confusion earlier.

Hyun Sai

deejay vs rose lmao

the struggle is REAL in that matchup lmao

it was bad and got significantly worse.

I laughed hard at this on SRK :

people who told me deejay was underrated and secret A tier after playing me were challenged to play deejay for a month.

most lasted a week or two tops, they all just gave me props, but questioned my sanity afterwards

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just want a new character select screen. This is so archaic but I'm having the most fun I had in a game in a while.

Ultra so far for me:

- no Edition Select option for Endless
- no rematch option in 2p Endless
- no improved regional search filters
- no pass turn button in 3p+ lobbies
- no DWU dummy setting
- no updated title screen

+ lag simulator in training
+ Yun no longer having trouble getting in

/s
Seriously? There's still no goddamn rematch button?!

Gurrry

I am so sick of them re-iterating on the same game... Next thing you know it will be SSF4 Ultra AE 2015.

Its time for SF5, Capcom. Lets get it started already.

Onemic

Getting a little bit more used to Elena. seems like her BnB is cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.mp, spinsythe. I still have to figure out the uses for her other specials other than her overhead one.

Hey Elena players. Is she supposed to dash back a little after a standing LK?

it just causes tons of pushback on hit/block.

JP

I've had a quick look bit not seen any mention of it. I've upgraded from the Arcade Edition (PS3 download) to Ultra but the game icon still shows as Arcade. Is it supposed to be like that or has something gone wrong? The icon isn't important as long as it's supposed to be like that.

Getting a little bit more used to Elena. seems like her BnB is cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.mp, spinsythe. I still have to figure out the uses for her other specials other than her overhead one.

it just causes tons of pushback on hit/block.

It looks like she backdashes a bit after it hits/blocks?

Also, after her standing normals, she does this little weird animation, almost like a throw.

She feels really weird. I mained her in 3s. Idk I feel right now, haha.

Top Bottom