• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Tesseract

Banned
not having any major netcode issues on 360 other than the occasional 'waiting for user' popup nonsense, which really needs to go.

Zapages

in Ranked… I think the problem is when you try custom. You have self search it again and it works to connecting with people faster than just waiting for waiting for other player all the time and getting timed out.

kcxiv

Im enjoying some Makoto and Poison.

Game feels a little faster but with some defenisve options now. well, at least on wake up.

Onemic

Elena has to have the worst song ever.

The music in ULTRA is a huge step back.

wat

EDIT:

Elena's EX overhead seems to whiff in the corner depending on what side you're on(at least against decapre) on the P1 side it whiffs if you don't do two c.lps, on the p2 side you can get away with only doing 1 and it won't whiff. Weird.

tested it on ryu and one c.lp works in the corner on both sides in the corner and midscreen, seems like this might be a character specific thing. I'd assume it'd whiff with one c.lp against cammy and other similar sized characters as well.

rocK`

Banned
So - quick question. I bought the Ultra Upgrade from gamestop, they gave me a code. Put that code in my Xbox and got a $15.00 in-store cash, which doesn't even pay for the full upgrade (it's $14.99 + tax...).

Did I fuck up or something? shouldn't the code they gave me allow me to download Ultra?

xCobalt

It's so satisfying to do a Stinger against an opponent who is getting up. Always catches their crouch tech or throw whiffs. I can combo into whatever afterwards too.

MormaPope

Banned
So - quick question. I bought the Ultra Upgrade from gamestop, they gave me a code. Put that code in my Xbox and got a $15.00 in-store cash, which doesn't even pay for the full upgrade (it's $14.99 + tax...).

Did I fuck up or something? shouldn't the code they gave me allow me to download Ultra?

There is no tax for Ultra, I got a $15 windows store giftcard and used it on my 360. Was able to buy Ultra.

Well, Gamestop website says it was a code for $15 xbox credit.

Onemic

Can anyone who has the USF4 app give me the frame data on Elena's two command normal overheads and her rhino horn(all versions)?

Release this on android already Capcom!

Not used to playing people who just do things without thinking.

Day 1 always sucks unless you're labbing.

I'm straight labbing, tried playing a few ranked and just went back to training mode

ArjanN

Hugo is probably the most horrifying looking fighting game character of all time, jesus christ he looks fucking weird.

Say that to his face:

andre-the-giant-bio.png

Onemic

Fighting Edge

Oh, the stick is done. PCB shorted out. Right now I'm using my old Hori UMvC3 stick. Opened it up and fixed the random d/c issue I had before which made me upgrade to the FE in the first place. Right now I'm waiting on hearing from Focusattack.com and their Akishop PCB which is supposed to be compatible with both 360/PS3/X1/PS4 to find out if it will work on the FE. If it does I'm buying it immediately.

IronLich

Juri impressions?

She is about the same. no jumpback dive traded for just having the EX divekick being able to choose your distance is fair, but otherwise, her lights are a little faster, and her Kasatushi doing recoverable damage as opposed to NOTHING was, even as a Juri main, very needed, I must admit.

MormaPope

Banned
Got home and started downloading.

Don't even plan on going online with how rusty me and my Ibuki must be.

You'll probably be able to knock some people around. Some real noobies out there, extremely aggressive, spamming special attacks that get blocked every time, don't think about anti air.

I'm a Street Fighter noob when it comes to combos, but my fundamentals have gotten a lot better. If you still remember the fundamentals you'll be fine.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Damn Art getting blown up by Ultra netcode. Straight up looked like the steamworks version "Waiting for other players"

Capcom what have you done :(

RS4-

Well damn. Guess I'm okay waiting for the PC version. Hope all these things get patched by then.

Yeah its straight trash, not to mention the other stuff people have been linking.

Anyway for meat squasher, the majority of the time you spin the wheel and get one of these:
- jump
- lariat
- shootdown
- ultra throw

I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow gives you fireballs too.

Top Bottom