• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

whens mah android app man?! It was available on iTunes right after midnight and it's still not available on Google Play

I've been checking all day too :/ It was going to give me something to look at while I've been at work all day waiting to play. At least I don't have to deal with any other the problems people are getting trying to play right now I guess.

oroboros

Can anyone who has the USF4 app give me the frame data on Elena's two command normal overheads and her rhino horn(all versions)?

forward.MP
startup = 20, active = 3, recovery = 19, on hit = +3, on block = -2

forward.MK
startup = 12, active = 3, recovery = 20, on hit = +2, on block = -3

LK Rhino Horn
startup = 14, on block = -6

MK Rhino Horn
startup = 18, on block = -5

HK Rhino Horn
startup = 23, on block = -3

EX Rhino Horn
startup = 12, on block = -3

Onemic

forward.MP
startup = 20, active = 3, recovery = 19, on hit = +3, on block = -2

forward.MK
startup = 12, active = 3, recovery = 20, on hit = +2, on block = -3

LK Rhino Horn
startup = 14, on block = -6

MK Rhino Horn
startup = 18, on block = -5

HK Rhino Horn
startup = 23, on block = -3

EX Rhino Horn
startup = 12, on block = -3

Thanks

I still don't know the purpose of Rhino horn. I thought it might be useful in neutral based on how far it goes, but it's pretty negative....Maybe if it's spaced out? Do you have the active frames on Rhino horn as well?

EDIT: nvm, I got it. SRK has the whole thing on their character page in the forums

vulva

Oh, the stick is done. PCB shorted out. Right now I'm using my old Hori UMvC3 stick. Opened it up and fixed the random d/c issue I had before which made me upgrade to the FE in the first place. Right now I'm waiting on hearing from Focusattack.com and their Akishop PCB which is supposed to be compatible with both 360/PS3/X1/PS4 to find out if it will work on the FE. If it does I'm buying it immediately.

Installing them can be tricky with FEs but I think mortified can help you with that.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Currently downroading PS3 Ultra upgrade (providentially, I had a random US copy of SSFIV lying around). Still nothing on Japanese versions, I guess?

Ffff. If I buy a cheap used American 360 SSFIV I lose my many many monies spent on costumes.

Onemic

Oh, that shit isn't just happening on STEAM? What is going on, Capcom?

Yup, the netcode has been effectively downgraded across all versions. Most of the issues so far that I've heard from are from the 360 version, but I'm sure the PS3 version is just as bad.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
yo damn, IGN gave Ultra a 9.0?

p.s.

Yipes said:
shoutouts to Jeron Hiro Grayson and Lincoln Morris for helping me get back in shape for sf4!! been playing the game on the down low for about 3 weeks now and ive been really happy to get back in the mix every since then

vulva

supposedly the akishop doesn't need any soldering, unless it's a special case with the FE....

I've yet to get a "waiting for other player" but I think I'm just running on borrowed time lol

the issue comes from the start and select buttons operating a bit differently. I'm not sure of the fine details though.

MrDaravon

Played for a while on 360, zero netcode or problems here, no idea. I lost on my 9th Ranked win in a row, would have been the only time I'll ever get the 10 wins achievement :(.

Hugo is fucking terrifying to fight against, holy shit.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Currently downroading PS3 Ultra upgrade (providentially, I had a random US copy of SSFIV lying around). Still nothing on Japanese versions, I guess?

Ffff. If I buy a cheap used American 360 SSFIV I lose my many many monies spent on costumes.

Not sure if I'm reading you right, but you can use all the Japanese DLC on the American SSF4 (360 only; doesn't work for PS3) and vice versa.

MormaPope

Banned
Hugo Z Warrior Tier indeed.

If any pro uses him at EVO they'll automatically be a underdog hero. EVO this year should be hype as fuck with Ultra.

Played for a while on 360, zero netcode or problems here, no idea. I lost on my 9th Ranked win in a row, would have been the only time I'll ever get the 10 wins achievement :(.

Hugo is fucking terrifying to fight against, holy shit.

His reach is insane too, sometimes it feels like he can hit people 1/2 across the screen. But I've been able to hit him with medium/strong punches and kicks in that same distance. He looks terrifying though, he's a giant tower on one side of the screen.

MormaPope

Banned
Connection and lag wise everything has been smooth for me on 360, had one match that was really bad but all the other matches have been smooth. No waiting for matches to start or begin either.

ShadowLag

Decapre is actually really fun to play as, I am surprised! Aside from sharing a few normals, she is definitely not a Cammy clone.

Ok this is seriously getting to my head now. I can't seem to test DWU in the training room. And when I say that I mean I'm having the dummy to record a sweep against me so I can press two buttons as I hit the ground. I swear I was doing this earlier by myself but it's not working anymore. I was playing against my friend last night in training room and we practiced it against various moves with hard knockdowns. So maybe I got it mixed up. So which is it? Can I do this in the training room or not?

EDIT: OMG, I'm a fucking moron. I was testing it against Vanilla Ryu lol

Horseress

Chun/Blanka/Honda/Gen players: what technique do you use to do the "hands" special? Slide? Piano? I'm trying to learn Decapre and I don't know what's the best you to do it

Trickster

Holy hell. If I wasn't already a fan of the character, I would become now solely because of her music.

Pretty much lol. I was watcing the nycfurby stream, and they came up against a Poison player. Man the Poison intro combined with that music was amazing, perfect fit.

Laconic

Banned
Elena and Hugo are definitely not going to set the world on fire, Hugo especially.

Relento, Poison, and Decapre all seem to be good.

I am fully of the opinion that Hugo and Elena are complete and utter ass, as well. But I think that Decapre is going to shine like a polished turd, by the time the dust settles. And Rolento will be low-mid. I've not touched Poison, yet... no inclinations that way.

Why is Steam version 2 months later???!!
eLVIvRY.gif

Profound sadness.

oroboros

Thanks

I still don't know the purpose of Rhino horn. I thought it might be useful in neutral based on how far it goes, but it's pretty negative....Maybe if it's spaced out? Do you have the active frames on Rhino horn as well?

Yeh Rhino Horn is pretty weird. The only real uses I can find are using EX version to go through projectiles, and all versions are Elena's armor breaker move, so it blows up focus attacks from pretty far. Also you can combo into her Ultra 1 mid screen from a HK Rhino Horn, the timing is pretty tight and I don't even think you can combo into HK version of Rhino Horn so not really very useful. And I guess if you predict a back dash on wakeup and want to through it out to catch it.

Mœbius

UK player here; not sure if it's been answered already but for other EU GAFers I heard that those who buy the game this week will later get the Udon alt costume entitlements.

Played a couple of hours tonight, so very early initial thoughts liable to change a bit over time...

- Menus all seem a bit "laggy" / unoptimised.
- Character select music is boring; not hype at all.
- Hate the way they've just dropped in the new levels from SFxT - they don't fit this game (and the character) aesthetics at all. I'd honestly rather they didn't add any new levels.
- Online with people in the same region was average at best (even when it showed green it was more like yellow bar level).

- Not feeling any of the new character additions except for Decapre who at least feels like she was designed with purpose for this game. As with the levels point above, the other characters seem to have been dropped in without any real thought about how they could exist in this game system. They "work", much like you could hammer a square peg into a round hole and it could fit.
- I was expecting Akuma to get nerfed hard considering how much people complain about him; DWU aside he's not only largely the same / fine but if anything I'd say he's been buffed in terms of stun output potential and neutral / ground pressure options.
- Makoto on the other hand does feel nerfed in terms of options; the burst damage is still there if she gets in but it seems like lots of meter use is required. Karakusa, Tsuragi, and U2 nerfs are also senseless.

It's nice to have something new and in spite of everything I'm excited by it but I wish they'd really given some more thought to all of their design decisions - from the UI to the game systems to the character choices - it all just feels so... haphazard; like they were just taking bits of feedback from everywhere and there was no real vision holder and director to shape it into something cohesive.

Onemic

Yeh Rhino Horn is pretty weird. The only real uses I can find are using EX version to go through projectiles, and all versions are Elena's armor breaker move, so it blows up focus attacks from pretty far. Also you can combo into her Ultra 1 mid screen from a HK Rhino Horn, the timing is pretty tight and I don't even think you can combo into HK version of Rhino Horn so not really very useful. And I guess if you predict a back dash on wakeup and want to through it out to catch it.

fucked around with it a bit and the lk verison is usable as a footsie tool if you space it out to the tip. The lk verson doesnt move you in super close to the opponent like the other two versions(I think that's why it's -6) so if you space it correctly it's actually impossible to punish unless you're facing someone that has a fast super or ultra. Thing is though....You can just crouch it and it will whiff. I guess It's good as a move to throw out once every few matches to throw your opponent off guard as they'll probably not be expecting it, but that's about it. Seems like a pretty ass special.

And even though it goes through projectiles, you can just use slide to do the same and it costs no meter, I guess ex rhino horn travels farther but it seems like a waste of meter unless you're facing sagat or something.

lk version is also useful in combos(thanks for the post sabot) if you do c.mpxxlk rhino horn xx ex scratch wheel that does a good 300dmg. So good to use as a punish with meter. It's also really good to use after an ex mallet smasher in the corner and followed up with an ex scratch wheel.

EDIT: welp, supposedly ex rhino horn doesn't even work against a sagat or juri throwing low fireballs...

Trickster

Do Cammy have any options for beating a Ken in an air to air exchange, when Ken does the spin attack? Evrerytime I run into a Ken player I lose the air game because of it.

Top Bottom