• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Threi

notag
Does Dee Jay's ex.MGU really float higher? Doesn't seem it but been awhile.
Yeah it does. Dash U2 is pretty much as easy as it's gunna get.

I am starting to really think that deejay is worse than he was in AE. I think i see where capcom was trying to go (its accessibility buffs mostly; capcom wanted to make deejay easier to use), but they are pretty uneventful if you already know how to use the char competently. (example being lk sobat being safer; if you know how to space your sobat kicks it can be very hard for the opponent to punish anyways) And because of that the "compensation" nerfs wind up being the only real net change.

Basically they made it easier to be "good" with deejay, but harder to be "great".

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Not sure if I'm reading you right, but you can use all the Japanese DLC on the American SSF4 (360 only; doesn't work for PS3) and vice versa.

Oh?? Great news! Thanks for the info!

Edit: I'm dumb. I'd need to be using US DLC on the Japanese 360 version. Wonder if it'll work.

Onemic

Oh nice, yeah I found you can do HK mallet smasher, c.MP, LK Rhino, EX Scratch Wheel mid screen for 391 damage. pretty good off an overhead for 1 meter

ya, was messing around with Mallet smasher and if you can mix someone up with it they're in serious trouble. The damage Elena can do off overheads is INSANE

playing around with HP/EX mallet smasher:

HP MS, c.MP xx LK rhino horn, EX scratch wheel = 391dmg / 486 stun - 1 meter
HP MS, c.MP xx EX Scythe, U1 = 553dmg / 400 stun - 1 meter
HP MS, c.MP xx EX MS, c.LP, c.MP xx MK Scythe = 385dmg / 515 stun - 2 meters
HP MS, c.MP xx EX MS, c.LP, c.MP xx EX Scythe, U1 = 505dmg / 515 stun - 3 meters
HP MS, c.MP xx EX MS, c.LP, c.MP xx LK Rhino Horn, EX scratch wheel = 431 dmg / 562 stun - 3 meters

EX MS, c.LP, c.mp xx EX MS, c.LP, c.MP xx MK scythe = 320 dmg / 460 stun - 2 meters
EX MS, c.LP, c.mp xx LK rhino horn, EX scratch wheel = 332dmg / 443 stun - 2 meters
EX MS, c.LP, c.mp xx EX scythe, U1 = 466dmg / 370 stun - 2 meters
EX MS, c.LP, c.mp xx EX MS, c.LP, c.MP xx EX scythe, U1 = 400dmg / 460 stun - 3 meters
EX MS, c.LP, c.mp xx EX MS, c.LP, c.MP xx LK rhino horn, EX scratch wheel = 355dmg / 490 stun - 3 meters

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k169CqHjdc

The Dhalsim balance changes video is weird.

There is text that says, "Dhalsim players can tack on more damage after EX flame", but that's moot since EX flame damage got nerfed anyway.

"Dhalsim's in a better place than in AE 2013", it says. Due to improvements in his close game. The adjusted b.MK, EX flame nerfs, and faster b.HP don't seem like an improvement in his close game. Sim will still get blown up when you get in his face. Even more so now that some of his bad machup characters got buffs.

The end of the video shows Dhalsim being able to combo into Ultra now thanks to red focus (but everyone can do that), so there's that...however how practical it would be in a real match (since you can pretty much only do it from b.HP) seems dubious.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Do you wanna join my lobby?

I'll join. Just send FR.

I finally tried all the newbies. Elena is the only one I don't like. She seems to whiff a lot of her moves and her jump is too floaty. Hugo to me is the ultimate troll character now.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Whew, finally stopped playing for the day.

My first impression: Ultra is a lot of fun
Even playing on the PS3 *shudder*

Yes please.
...And fuck my PS3 froze again. Spectating must be seriously bugged right now. /anyone else have this problem?

Anyway, I'm gonna call it a night,

Good games folks.
Q, I'm still salty about that Perfect! :p
Could be a particular model that is freezing, I haven't gotten any freezes.

Top Bottom