• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Rhapsody

Banned
Chun/Blanka/Honda/Gen players: what technique do you use to do the "hands" special? Slide? Piano? I'm trying to learn Decapre and I don't know what's the best you to do it

Piano. So if I'm doing something like cr MP into Hands, I just plink MP~LP, then do LP MP HP fast.

mbpm1

Do Cammy have any options for beating a Ken in an air to air exchange, when Ken does the spin attack? Evrerytime I run into a Ken player I lose the air game because of it.

Roundhouse doesn't work? It has a far hitbox. It should at least trade, but if Ken does his spin kick early its a tossup.

In general I don't think you can really *beat* tatsus in the air though, just gotta not put yourself i nthat position.

Onemic

Is decapre's DP FADC -5 on block? I was facing a dude that would keep FADC forward dashing and his jab would keep beating mine every time. I dunno if my timing was that late or what, but it seemed like she recovered very fast from it.

oroboros

lk version is also useful in combos(thanks for the post sabot) if you do c.mpxxlk rhino horn xx ex scratch wheel that does a good 300dmg. So good to use as a punish with meter. It's also really good to use after an ex mallet smasher in the corner and followed up with an ex scratch wheel.

EDIT: welp, supposedly ex rhino horn doesn't even work against a sagat or juri throwing low fireballs...

Oh nice, yeah I found you can do HK mallet smasher, c.MP, LK Rhino, EX Scratch Wheel mid screen for 391 damage. pretty good off an overhead for 1 meter

I am really regretting going into work early. Should've stayed home and played more.

Why does it seem like Decapre's rapid claw or whatever it's called is so hard to activate. I've never had trouble with Honda or Blanka.

Trickster

Roundhouse doesn't work? It has a far hitbox. It should at least trade, but if Ken does his spin kick early its a tossup.

In general I don't think you can really *beat* tatsus in the air though, just gotta not put yourself i nthat position.

Ah that sucks, thanks though :)

Ex Divekick?

So basically gtfo of the way? :p

I've won 4 matches as Hakan online and am 23rd ranked Hakan on PSN.
*flex*

Many matches, such rank, much popularity, wow.

sorry

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Art's stream and this thread are making the wait for PC unbearable. So tempting to get it on PS3.

Any Juri players here? I'm curious what people think of her now.

I dislike how slow it is compared to the 3rd Strike version.

I do, however, really like Decapre's theme.

Hugos new theme is OK but I really can't put other Street Fighters soundtracks above Third Strike. That album, damn.

Messing around with Poisons pressure/frame traps/block strings when I found she has little to no push block.
I really like Poison though. I think she plays the game very solidly.

Edit: It looks a bit slow but what makes this strong is that her whip always has priority. Trying to stick out a light/medium punch/kick will result in you (Poison) winning. In the case of Hugo(slow), it's almost impossible to get out of resulting in a serious amount of chip damage.....and salt. (Sandman is a friend of mine so it's all friendlies here). Give it a try. You can mix it up with her light punch/kick too plus the amount of meter you gain is silly.

Xux

Aw, wish there was more of Hugo's 2nd Impact Theme in his Ultra Theme. It is neat to hear that little bit at the loop, though.

Just ran into the number 1 poison. Match went a lot better than I thought it would. I'm getting used to Decapre quick. It also helps that the character is like 15 hours old so people aren't used to her yet. Lol

oroboros

Has anyone who pre-ordered online from Gamestop for 360 version received the pre-order alt costumes code? I still haven't got it, only the $15 credit code.

hypernima

Banned
Hugos new theme is OK but I really can't put other Street Fighters soundtracks above Third Strike. That album, damn.

Messing around with Poisons pressure/frame traps/block strings when I found she has little to no push block.
I really like Poison though. I think she plays the game very solidly.

Edit: It looks a bit slow but what makes this strong is that her whip always has priority. Trying to stick out a light/medium punch/kick will result in you (Poison) winning. In the case of Hugo(slow), it's almost impossible to get out of resulting in a serious amount of chip damage.....and salt. (Sandman is a friend of mine so it's all friendlies here). Give it a try. You can mix it up with her light punch/kick too plus the amount of meter you gain is silly.

And I've been ignoring fb's for the most part in pressure strings. relying too much on tatsu

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Played 3 matches on my main psn profile so far. That Ryu J.MP J.MP to tatsu feels so good. Also Poison seems fun. Time to switch to brz profile

Top Bottom