• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Onemic

Reading up on Elena's frame data.....Looks like she's gonna join Deejay for characters who have normals that are all - on block, save one.

Also her Lynx special, her DP, and her Rhino Horn are utterly worthless. Less so for Rhino horn because at least that can be used in situational standing combo's but that's it.

Gonna make a really early day 1 stretch and say that before the next patch Elena will be considered bottom 5 or bottom 10 in the game with Deejay. At least you'll have company Blackule and Threi :p

I'm still gonna main her tho. I'm masochistic like dat.

Morris

Disco Devil
Anyone wanna 1v1 against my Poison?

ID: FloydM7

Also any new troops that want in on the PSN GAF Chat feel free to add.

Reading up on Elena's frame data.....Looks like she's gonna join Deejay for characters who have normals that are all - on block, save one.

Also her Lynx special, her DP, and her Rhino Horn are utterly worthless. Less so for Rhino horn because at least that can be used in situational standing combo's but that's it.

Gonna make a really early day 1 stretch and say that before the next patch Elena will be considered bottom 5 or bottom 10 in the game with Deejay. At least you'll have company Blackule and Threi :p

What's the frame data on the medium lynx? I thought it was safe on block.

And is the app out on android yet? It'll give me something to do while at work.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Played for a good six hours online and stuck with new characters 90% of the time. From what I played/saw, it seems like Decapre and Poison are the best of the newcomers, followed by Hugo and Rolento, with Elena stuck dead last. I still had fun using her though. Hard to believe that there are people who still get thrown off by healing, expecting it to be something offensive, lol.

Ranked is working fine for me. Must be a endless thing.

I only played endless matches, in small lobbies with 2-3 players, and only had one match disconnect. Maybe just stick with small lobbies for now?

Kimosabae

Banned
Finally got this running on my 360.

...Capcom changes the input to Viper's Super in a gracious effort to ameliorate a problem that Viper player's nipped in the bud many moons ago... only to create a potentially new problem that can't be rectified with execution.

If you have full Super meter, rapid Fierce TK cancels are out of the question. You will get Super, without fail.

Stupid.

Tansut

Is the only way to get into the GAF lobby to keep searching for it and hope I come across it?

Ranked is stressing me out.

I don't find her that bad. She's definitely a footsie character. Wish they didn't take away her cr.HP cancel ability.

Check out the tech Chris G has come up with

and off her Heavy Linx Tail FADC she's like .. positive 20?

Laconic

Banned

You see what I was saying about her, then. Bravo, on your loyalty. But I think it is misplaced. :()

Onemic

What's the frame data on the medium lynx? I thought it was safe on block.

And is the app out on android yet? It'll give me something to do while at work.

nope, it's -9

The only thing she has that's + on block is c.lp. Everything else is - .....And they tend to be - by a lot.

Lynx is terrible in general, it whiffs a good 50 - 60% of the time unless you're in point blank range.

It's still not out on Android either

I don't find her that bad. She's definitely a footsie character. Wish they didn't take away her cr.HP cancel ability.

Check out the tech Chris G has come up with

and off her Heavy Linx Tail FADC she's like .. positive 20?

Throwing out lynx tail is VERY risky because of the problem above. It whiffs way too often. Still, that's really good though, seems like that's Lynx's only purpose for now lol.

The dmg on those videos though....Is pretty low for the amount of meter she's throwing around. She can do a lot more off an overhead for less meter.

Laconic

Banned
nope, it's -9

The only thing she has that's + on block is c.lp. Everything else is - .....And they tend to be - by a lot.

Lynx is terrible in general, it whiffs a good 50 - 60% of the time unless you're in point blank range.

It's still not out on Android either

Remember that one build, where Combofiend was showing her off? And winning with crazy good stuff? Me too. :/

xCobalt

Remember that one build, where Combofiend was showing her off? And winning with crazy good stuff? Me too. :/

I remember the console build that Justin Wong won UFGT with (its justin wong but still...). I think it's a bit early to say how good/bad elena is.

Onemic

I remember the console build that Justin Wong won UFGT with (its justin wong but still...). I think it's a bit early to say how good/bad elena is.

I think this is Elena's saving grace. The fact that no one will play her and therefore no one will know the matchup against her, allowing her to abuse her overheads and tools and not be punished for it. The main reason Justin won(I think) is because the matchup was still relatively unknown to Hart, which gave Wong the edge.

It's too early to say anything about any character. Nobody really knows shit yet.

Cammy still blew me up though, so fuck her. Still top 3.

Might I kindly ask how the hell I whifed a point blank focus attack again a stunned Hugo with Decapre? I would've lost my shit if that cost me the round.

Kimosabae

Banned
Not by much, but FFF and other links definitely feel a bit different in timing among moves with no frame data changes. Might just be in my head, but I've heard people mention they felt the game was a bit faster before.

Laconic

Banned

I think that was 50% Wong Factor... and 50% lack of matchup knowledge on his opponents' part. She doesn't have the tools to be effective, imo. Bad frames, difficult and limited B&Bs (read one confirmable linked normals to start), and not even a Kara Throw to save her this time.

Might I kindly ask how the hell I whifed a point blank focus attack again a stunned Hugo with Decapre? I would've lost my shit if that cost me the round.
Haha. He had a weird hitbox during stun in 3rd strike as well.
I think that was 50% Wong Factor... and 50% lack of matchup knowledge on his opponents' part. She doesn't have the tools to be effective, imo. Bad frames, difficult and limited B&Bs (read one confirmable linked normals to start), and not even a Kara Throw to save her this time.
I dunno. I dig her move set and I'm gonna keep messing with her. Out of all the new characters, I feel strongest with her so far. The only thing I don't like is her ridiculously high and floaty jump.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Is there seriously no trial mode for the new characters?

Please tell me that this is a cruel joke.

There haven't been any new trials since Super, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Btw, if any JP-GAF wanna add me for some friendlies my PSN ID is BobioJapan

Can't wait to get stuck in! A new SF gets me pumped like little else.

Not by much, but FFF and other links definitely feel a bit different in timing among moves with no frame data changes. Might just be in my head, but I've heard people mention they felt the game was a bit faster before.

Didn't they change Viper's Heavy cancel by one frame or something

Top Bottom