• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

vulva

Chun really doesn't feel that different. She's cool though. Her lk and hk sbk juggles seem super character specific so far.

BizzyBum

Well, it was a fun 5 year ride Ryu, but I'm done with you. I'm dumping you for your evil twin. Feels weird trying to pick up a new character after spending 5 years with an exclusive main but it obviously helps when it's basically playing a better Ryu. lol

Anybody playing right now? I can play on PS3 or 360.

Well, it was a fun 5 year ride Ryu, but I'm done with you. I'm dumping you for your evil twin. Feels weird trying to pick up a new character after spending 5 years with an exclusive main but it obviously helps when it's basically playing a better Ryu. lol

I did that 3 years ago when AE came out. But it took a while for Evil Ryu to get to where he is now. Those beatings back in AE were painful, he didn't deserve to be that bad back then :(

Laconic

Banned
Did you just see UltrachenTV? James chen showing 220+ damage with 1 bar off a knee shot, lol. Too bad the EX MGU looks like ass.

Knee shot is a jump in, is it not? Is it that much better than other jump ins that the old adage of "don't jump" and the general rule of thumb that B&Bs don't begin from jumping attacks, need not apply to it? Serious question, no mean-spirit or sarcasm.

BizzyBum

Anyone is free to add me on Xbox 360 - GT is BizzyBum

Also, me think red focus is going to be hella annoying. It's gonna be used a lot to finish off rounds and all you need is a hit confirm combo>red focus dash>Ultra and you'll lose like 40-50% of your life.

Knee shot is a jump in, is it not? Is it that much better than other jump ins that the old adage of "don't jump" and the general rule of thumb that B&Bs don't begin from jumping attacks, need not apply to it? Serious question, no mean-spirit or sarcasm.

Knee shot is good.. but not against good players. It's easily cr.HP'd or whatever anti air you can use against it. Its really quick though.

Thank god they nerfed the damage on it because Deejay would've been so scary amirite

Shouta

Knee Shot changes fall trajectory as I recall and can be difficult to AA if used correctly unlike regular jump attacks. It's not like a regular jump-in making it easier to land.

BizzyBum

I did that 3 years ago when AE came out. But it took a while for Evil Ryu to get to where he is now. Those beatings back in AE were painful, he didn't deserve to be that bad back then :(

The only thing sucky is playing him online whenever there's a hint of lag it's a nightmare to pull off any of his advanced axe kick combos.

Threi

notag
Only 270ish, tops? Decapre gets nearly that meterless, off of two c.mps into a fierce dp... :(
That's his max meterless (and if you read the post its actually less than AE2012)

For 2 meters you can bump it up to 335 (330 on a more realistic combo)

*edit*

oh and i might want to mention:

deejays cl.mk > far mp link, like the KBT mod, is character-specific.

bfwings55

The lighting on Pit Stop 109 makes Hakan's skin look fucking rad

also, Hakan's j. MP

male-chef-kissing-fingers-against-grey-background-34468914.jpg

GG Kevo, unfortunately the lag was pretty damn painful for me. You know how you got all those jump ins on me? I kept trying to DP over and over and it would only come out maybe half the time. It was barely enough to be playable but horrid if you were trying to practice stuff or play seriously. As for Decapre, my god what is up with that hurt box of hers. Everything just kept whiffing lol.

XenoRaven

I need practice so bad. And I think my TV has some pretty significant input delay, which pisses me off because I specifically bought this TV because it supposedly had a fairly low input delay.

Tansut

I felt like I did sorta kinda well tonight, and then I thought "I'll finish after one more win".

....five or six goddamn frustrating losses in a row now....

Top Bottom