• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

ZServ

Street Fighter finally made sense for me after a year of struggling.

It's really awesome reading this! It's great, you'll eventually be able to see yourself improving, and then be able to gauge a players skill by watching just a round or two. Glad to hear it clicked for you :)

Something really awesome happened today for me.

That's really cool to hear. It's something I've been trying to explain to my brother for a couple years now. He does SOOOO much training and comes up with all of these killer combos, but he still can't even come close to going even with me. He simply can't implement anything he knows and he goes about fighting games the wrong way.

mbpm1

Yay, you get it! It took me about as long as you to actually "Get" how to play as Sagat and start getting points.

By that time though, AE was pretty much done lol and I'm probably dropping him for Ultra bc I hate the nerfs, but it's a great feeling when that happens.

Prototype

played pretty much all day today with a friend. Man, really liking Posion and Bison atm.

Poison is fun to play but I can see that she is going to have problems. The utility of her U1 is really nice tho. Bison I like because even tho we didn't get qcf U2 back, the new shorter charge time is noticeable and in practice -1 on lk kicks isn't that bad. Still laying on the pressure hella thick. the extra damage is nice too.

Piccoro

Heads up for EU players.
Because we got left out of the pre-order DLC, Capcom is going to give us the costumes for FREE , if we buy the game this week!

KgaWVjt.png

And if you have a SFxT save, like me you get all the costumes for the new characters! :)

mekes

Oh man, SF4 is a humbling experience for me. I've spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours trying to master characters in 3S and CVS2 and was very good at both games. I'm getting stomped in the ranked matches on this. Just don't know how to fight any character I'm coming up against. Much to learn.

Geniuzz

Hugo might be considered the worst, he's such a blast to play. So far, I'm liking the overall feel of the update. Been messing about in arcade mode and training mode, and will go online later. Ready to get my ass kicked.

Heads up for EU players.
Because we got left out of the pre-order DLC, Capcom is going to give us the costumes for FREE , if we buy the game this week!

KgaWVjt.png

And if you have a SFxT save, like me you get all the costumes for the new characters! :)

WAH BOUT US EGGBAWKS AND PEECEE PLAYAHS? Also, why didn't we get these within the original purchase anyway? Oh yeah, Capcom. Sorry.

Renekton

Decapre is really mechanically pleasing, you get rewarded for being flashy and taking risks.

Capcom's botched marketing didn't do her any justice.

Geniuzz

Heads up for EU players.

KgaWVjt.png

So, how do we get those alts? I can't find them in the store.

Aquashark

Banned
the Red Focus effect looks better in BlackToof's PC mod than in the actual game

everything about this update so far is janky and half-assed

Stuneseht

I love the little details that the game stages pay attention too when it comes to character cameos in the background. I was suprised to see that if you selected Zangief with his Mech outfit(Costume 2) and played in the cosmic elevator stage; the Mech Zangief doesnt make an appearance in the background.

Decapre is really mechanically pleasing, you get rewarded for being flashy and taking risks.

Capcom's botched marketing didn't do her any justice.

Her visual design is really awful though.
Capcom could of at least given her red hair or cut off her braids so that she is more distinguishable from Cammy.

Sayad

Heads up for EU players.
KgaWVjt.png

Nice! No reason to wait now!

alstein

Have you guys seen this?

http://shoryuken.com/2014/06/03/ult...undup-unblockables-safe-jumps-and-more-oh-my/

Can a more experienced player explain if this is not a big deal or if the game is already broken? From the video it seems that after every hard knockdown , these specific characters get a free combo. The delayed wakeup wasn't used though.

It was someone on here's vid.

And yes, it's a free combo. This is not as bad as it was before, but this was supposed to have been fixed.
It can be modified to work on delayed wakeup- the "technical" message that shows was a real mistake- it allows folks to setplay- remove it and the unblockables become a guess.

KingT

Neo Member
Heads up for EU players.

KgaWVjt.png

Does this apply to hard copy purchases or limited to digital?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Her visual design is really awful though.
Capcom could of at least given her red hair or cut off her braids so that she is more distinguishable from Cammy.

I agree that her hair style should have been different, but the character does have a completely different head (face shape and all) and her alts are totally different from Cammy's.

This no different than Ryu and Ken.

Syntsui

It was someone on here's vid.

And yes, it's a free combo. This is not as bad as it was before, but this was supposed to have been fixed.
It can be modified to work on delayed wakeup- the "technical" message that shows was a real mistake- it allows folks to setplay- remove it and the unblockables become a guess.

Wow... considering the new red cancel combos this looks like a serious problem. I guess we will have to wait how this will be developed on future tournaments.

Bizazedo

played pretty much all day today with a friend. Man, really liking Posion and Bison atm.

Poison is fun to play but I can see that she is going to have problems. The utility of her U1 is really nice tho. Bison I like because even tho we didn't get qcf U2 back, the new shorter charge time is noticeable and in practice -1 on lk kicks isn't that bad. Still laying on the pressure hella thick. the extra damage is nice too.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying Bison. Not that I didn't expect to, but it does feel like he does more damage than before. Like, noticeably.

Could be in my head and I could be psycho.

EX Scissoring through fireballs is far easier than before as well, obviously. Granted everyone's using new people who barely fireball, but the point is! And people aren't expecting it so even if they've recovered, it's so fast that they eat it.

Having played PC, though, I can't combo for shit at the moment.

vg260

I think I might wait a week until all the good players beef up their BB/PP. Did not do well last night.

Not feeling the new character select music. Dunno why they changed it.

Also, some of the new stage textures look bad. I love the dino stage, but the ground texture is awful.

Ended up messing around in arcade most and just trying to get that stupid 4 player team achievement online. I don't normally care, but wanna clear these out. Hopefully I can find some people to help out with that one.

Still feels very much a work in progress. Hopefully they can work on polish now.

Also, my OCD side is not liking the game still showing up as AE as the game pic/title on the library/dash, and title screen. I'm curious how Steam will handle it, and if it will be listed as a separate game listing. Hope so.

Top Bottom