• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

DeeJay vs shotos...

Switch.gif

RIP my friend :(

Deejay was already dead.

They seriously kicked a man while he was down on this one smh

Well good thing I found the rhythm in a new character. Mallet smash is unblock able online.

Anne

So when I pick Juri in training mode and have W Ultra, all her damage is 10% more and I can use U2 while in U1. In versus mode, I can't use U2 during U1 though.

Ah I figured out the U2 thing, it's a meter setting. The damage I can't figure out, but sometimes when I go into training mode scaling starts at 110% > 90% etc. I can't figure out why.

For anyone with Android phones the frame data app is finally up it's called Ultra SFIV Frame Data App by Dorling Kindersley for $2.99. Sorry if old

oroboros

Only got a couple games in...but is there a place online I can go to look at the new features and moves (how to) aside from the description in the open?

You can look at these sites for Ultra changes and moves and stuff.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultra_Street_Fighter_IV

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/jul/08/street-fighter-4-strategy-guide-hints-and-tips/

http://shoryuken.com/2014/05/22/cap...for-ultra-street-fighter-ivs-console-release/

Aside from individual character changes the main new gameplay features are Red Focus which is done by just hitting LP+MP+MK at the same time. And also delayed wakeup which is done by pressing any 2 buttons as soon as you hit the ground from a knockdown.And also Double Ultras, but that is just the ability to have access to both characters Ultras in a match.

Sakuras now as well.

I thought even if Sak players threw their fireball with the same timing, it would hit regardless? Is it because I'm charging all the way and you're suppose to release early to properly do that set up?

BTW I'm also reacting to DWU with Evil Ryu. After a hard knockdown, I'll do my normal jump in to try to remain as ambiguous as possible. And if I see "Technical" I'll dive kick mid way through the jump. It's not anything cheap though. I'll always land in front of them and though it's possible to get a cross up dive kick, it's extremely rare so their is no guessing game. But still, for me it's a nice way to keep up pressure. That or just empty jump

Venfayth

So when I pick Juri in training mode and have W Ultra, all her damage is 10% more and I can use U2 while in U1. In versus mode, I can't use U2 during U1 though.

Ah I figured out the U2 thing, it's a meter setting. The damage I can't figure out, but sometimes when I go into training mode scaling starts at 110% > 90% etc. I can't figure out why.

Were you playing against Vega with his mask off?

Anne

I thought even if Sak players threw their fireball with the same timing, it would hit regardless? Is it because I'm charging all the way and you're suppose to release early to properly do that set up?

It's not the fireball set ups, it's the post otoshi 50/50/unblock set ups with all the timing filler. You have so much time and her jump is so quick, you can retain some set ups by seeing the technical and then adding in another button. It's how I created the unblock situation, I'm also using it for post U2 set ups in the corner. Midscreen stuff I'm lost on though, but I've barely tested stuff as is.

Were you playing against Vega with his mask off?

oh yeah deeeeeerrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppp I'm an idiot. The U1 U2 thing is funny still

ShinAmano

You can look at these sites for Ultra changes and moves and stuff.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultra_Street_Fighter_IV

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/jul/08/street-fighter-4-strategy-guide-hints-and-tips/

http://shoryuken.com/2014/05/22/cap...for-ultra-street-fighter-ivs-console-release/

Aside from individual character changes the main new gameplay features are Red Focus which is done by just hitting LP+MP+MK at the same time. And also delayed wakeup which is done by pressing any 2 buttons as soon as you hit the ground from a knockdown.And also Double Ultras, but that is just the ability to have access to both characters Ultras in a match.
Perfect, thanks.

Shackzam

Rolento hate mail? Yeeeeesss! I have arrived.

Yo I feel like if I took my Rolento online I would definitely get some hate mail. I was playing with some people in my scene and they were getting frustrated with it. I play Dudley mainly, but Rolento is my sub.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yo I feel like if I took my Rolento online I would definitely get some hate mail. I was playing with some people in my scene and they were getting frustrated with it. I play Dudley mainly, but Rolento is my sub.

Do it.Give them the stick!

i got this for psn... and ibuki is pretty good in this version. elena is alright, poison great for frame traps, rolento s.fierce all day, hugo no clue, and dekappa zz.

lol @ people not wanting technical to show on DWU, do you want ZERO reward for getting a hard knockdown or something?

Yes they do unfortunately. DWU is terrible & needs to go. People don't understand yet the negative impact DWU has had on so many mid tier & low tier character. They robbed Peter to pay Paul.

Rolento is just a giant 'wtf is happening' character

Also Don't crouch block Elena

Vice

BTW I'm also reacting to DWU with Evil Ryu. After a hard knockdown, I'll do my normal jump in to try to remain as ambiguous as possible. And if I see "Technical" I'll dive kick mid way through the jump. It's not anything cheap though. I'll always land in front of them and though it's possible to get a cross up dive kick, it's extremely rare so their is no guessing game. But still, for me it's a nice way to keep up pressure. That or just empty jump

From SRK you just throw a jab when you see technical and proceed as always.

kirblar

Was anyone else having a rough time getting Poison's rekkas out on PS3? I wonder if I have a PS3/monitor lag combo issue, could do Fei's much more consistently.

Natural

Xbox Live: I Kick Back I (from UK)

Just DL'd and got on this and picked up Poison.. Currently getting bodied trying to figure out her tools

oroboros

Was anyone else having a rough time getting Poison's rekkas out on PS3? I wonder if I have a PS3/monitor lag combo issue, could do Fei's much more consistently.

Yes, one big reason I stopped playing her, don't think is PS3 issue because I have the same problems on 360 USF4 and even in PC Street Fighter X Tekken.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So what's the GAF consensus so far on Ultra?

lol @ people not wanting technical to show on DWU, do you want ZERO reward for getting a hard knockdown or something?

What's stopping you from walking up to them on knockdown and reacting to the "get up" animation? Or do you think there's no reward if you don't get ambiguous crossups/unblockables?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Nope haven't had any issues with her Rekka's at all. Her second super being HCB x2 is a pain though on pad

Shouta

So what's the GAF consensus so far on Ultra?

What's stopping you from walking up to them on knockdown and reacting to the "get up" animation? Or do you think there's no reward if you don't get ambiguous crossups/unblockables?

I'm digging it though there are some niggling issues here and there, I think.

LakeEarth

What's the usual missed input result for Poison? What really sucked with T.Hawk's ultra 2 was that if I got the wrong input, I'd usually get his 360 and therefore eat the jump-in I would've anti-aired if the damn thing worked.

Shouta

What's the usual missed input result for Poison? What really sucked with T.Hawk's ultra 2 was that if I got the wrong input, I'd usually get his 360 and therefore eat the jump-in I would've anti-aired if the damn thing worked.

You get her EX flip, I think?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You get an ex love whip :LOL

Beckx

Is she the only one with that input left? Everyone else seems to just be 720 now.

I think Ibuki and Oni still have half circle ultras. They changed Oni's Ultra II from HCF to HCB I think, can't recall offhand. Half-circle inputs in the SFIV engine just suck generally because of the stupid input leniency.

kirblar

I think Ibuki and Oni still have half circle ultras. They changed Oni's Ultra II from HCF to HCB I think, can't recall offhand. Half-circle inputs in the SFIV engine just suck anyway because of the stupid input leniency.
Neither of those is a grab, though, right?

Hugo's input overlap is definitely a huge issue. HC + TK = regular SPD, but Meat Squasher never comes out from it. It's really stupid.

Beckx

Hugo's input overlap is definitely a huge issue. HC + TK = regular SPD, but Meat Squasher never comes out from it. It's really stupid.

Yorotoshii functions as a grab in throw distance, doesn't it? But I see what you mean.

Re input overlap, they didn't learn anything from Hakan.

oroboros

Guy and Ibuki's Ultra grab are the exact same as Poison's. Same input and same bullshit where your opponent can just simply jump out of them after the ultra freeze. Tried to make Ibuki's grab ultra work forever in AE, but it's gimmicky at best. Wish they were true instant grabs like Zangief or T.hawks Ultras.

Top Bottom