• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
yep.

My scrub grappler killer strategy is null and void against him lol.

Jump ins? I'm a dive dat

Fireballs? "Imma dive dat

Get Close? get chucked.

shit is scary as shit. Especially since like 3 throws will kill most of the characters I play lol.

You forgot 'fuck your block strings'

Tekniqs

i gotta learn the decapre matchup. ran across a decently good player and couldn't beat him. are her 'dive kicks' punishable on block? didn't seem like it when I was playing. And when he'd get a hard knock down, he'd mix me up with the 'teleport in the air' and then stomp the ground move (don't know what it's called lol). He'll either hit me normal or cross up. I'm trying to figure out the 'tell' of the move so I can react accordingly.

Posting again for new page:

Alright, I'll start taking names for the mini Ultra team tourney on Friday. Limit of 17 people. I've already taken the 18th spot ( ≖‿≖).

PSN only (sorry too lazy to also do a 360 one). Is 7 p.m. EST a good start time? That's what I'm leaning towards right now.

Just post "I wanna enter the PSN team tourney" and I'll sign you up when I find your post later. First come, first served.

Anyways, the format:
team battle
3 v 3
KoF style (called "Elimination" in Ultra)
double elimination (meaning there's a loser's bracket)
No 2/3 though, not even for grand finals. Maybe for a future tourney depending on how long this one takes.

I'll enter the name of everyone entered into whatever online randomizer I find first and the top 6 names get made Team Captains. The captains then get to choose who they want on their teams depending on the order their names came up in the randomizer. First name gets first pick, Second name goes next, so on so forth.

More importantly, captains get final say on team names.

If a member of someone's team doesn't show up then I'll let people look for someone else on here to replace them. I won't be willing to hold things up for long though.

Digital tears are your only prize.

Edit: forgot to mention you are character locked to your first choice.

I'm in.

lol yeah. I was getting thrown at a record high yesterday. I hope things smooth out by later tonight.

I have to stop playing for now because of this netcode. I can call every grab that someone is going to do against me but never get the tech. Then there's also my links/cancels that I can go into training and do for 20 minutes straight, but can only get to work, like, once per online match (if I'm lucky).

Yeah I'm starting to sound like DSP.

" I grabbed that"

I'm only a couple days until

"Wooooooow"
I'm already there. I can hold an L that's my fault, but I'm not standing for these internet shenanigans impeding my play.

Laconic

Banned
I have to stop playing for now because of this netcode. I can call every grab that someone is going to do against me but never get the tech. Then there's also my links/cancels that I can go into training and do for 20 minutes straight, but can only get to work, like, once per online match (if I'm lucky).

I'm already there. I can hold an L that's my fault, but I'm not standing for these internet shenanigans impeding my play.

As long as they work against the CPU, it is the netcode.

It is the netcode.

Shouta

This is exactly what I did! Maybe my download was corrupted or something, will try re-downloading the update.

What other patches?!

1.07 or AE2012 is required. At least on PSN, when I installed Ultra and started the game, the system automatically downloaded those updates and installed them before it let me play the game.

HUGO
"Your Shoryuken hurt more than the Hadoken. But even that wasn't enough!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XqJtYc5ZS4

Yep. Dat ground armor. I think it absorbs as many as it wants if it's continuous but runs out if you space hits, lol.

Posting again for new page:

Alright, I'll start taking names for the mini Ultra team tourney on Friday. Limit of 17 people. I've already taken the 18th spot ( ≖‿≖).

PSN only (sorry too lazy to also do a 360 one). Is 7 p.m. EST a good start time? That's what I'm leaning towards right now.

Just post "I wanna enter the PSN team tourney" and I'll sign you up when I find your post later. First come, first served.

Anyways, the format:
team battle
3 v 3
KoF style (called "Elimination" in Ultra)
double elimination (meaning there's a loser's bracket)
No 2/3 though, not even for grand finals. Maybe for a future tourney depending on how long this one takes.

I'll enter the name of everyone entered into whatever online randomizer I find first and the top 6 names get made Team Captains. The captains then get to choose who they want on their teams depending on the order their names came up in the randomizer. First name gets first pick, Second name goes next, so on so forth.

More importantly, captains get final say on team names.

If a member of someone's team doesn't show up then I'll let people look for someone else on here to replace them. I won't be willing to hold things up for long though.

Digital tears are your only prize.

Edit: forgot to mention you are character locked to your first choice.

Boo, at work :(

Izuna

Banned
LMAO

Wanted to get the final achievement "win 4v4 Team battle" and invited my Dudley friend. He is proceeding to OCV, easiest achievement ever.

We played more and the lag disappeared. When it isn't skipping the connection is a lot better than before. They got rid of the underwater feeling and just had it skip instead. Hmmmmmmm.

oroboros

Anyone know if it's possible to combo off of Decapre's df.MK overhead? I was hoping maybe it was like Poisons where if you hit just the tip you could get c.LP or something, but can't get it to combo. Also tried hitting it meaty and also on counter hit with no luck.

EDIT: I found that you can combo into standing LP if you hit it super low at just the tip of the move.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So are the issues people have with Ultra's netcode the same that AE on Steam has since the update?

That tells me it's really their new netcode and probably not an easy fix. Oh, well...

Stantron

Wish there was a feature to filter replay matches by character to better study a particular match up.

Also, kind of bummed I can't upload my saved matches to youtube, only recent ones.

Izuna

Banned
GyJrdnk.jpg

All Achievements!

Not that it means anything, but man, 2 year break from this game I am the rustiest person in the world. Honestly though, Elena's and Poison's hitboxes are stupid

Anne

So you don't want to get hit by Poison meatie.

Edit: found some more stuff. If meatie LMT set ups aren't the future of Poison I'm kinda scared of what else there is.

Owensboro

Anyone on PSN want to mercilessly beat my face in while calmly explaining to me how to play a grappler? I'm awful with Hugo (sub 10% win) but am having a damn fun time playing him. We got 2 hours to burn until the tourney starts!

Top Bottom