• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If it is, He shouldnt complain people dont watch his video.
Pro tip, people dont like it when you talk shit to them when you gave them constructive criticism

Pretty sure that's why his numbers are dwindling while other LPers and Youtube channels get popular for not abusing their fanbase.

When you guys useDWU do you actually try to time it correctly and only press two buttons? I was trying to do that at first but now I just open my palm and mash every button the moment I know I'm getting hit by a move that leads to a hard knockdown.

GrayFoxPL

So I downloaded the update and installed it, but when I start SSF4 disc(don't have AE) it doesn't detect that I have Ultra and just get normal SSF4! I installed the recent update(2014 ver 1.08), but still nothing.

Bought the upgrade from UAE PSN store(eu version, I think) and my SSF4 disc is region 1, am I screwed? :(

I only have SSF4 disc, what I did is downloaded Ultra but not installed it. I fired up Super and downloaded patch. Then I quit and installed Ultra.

Game detected Ultra add on in the menu but note that intro and Title screen said Super SF4.

But I only fired it up once, maybe it'll change after second time.

People say SF4 is compatible across regions I heard.

I am the numba 11 guile as of me posting.

Decapres are hard but beatable. Just be wary of splash dives mixups. Also her blue orb is not impenetrable. I flashed kick one Decapre thru her orb. Won the match too!

Rolentos, to just have stay in top of. Punish whenever you can.

Elenas, if you projectile spam, be forewarned. You will be punished. Also her footsie game is godlike in the right hand. Also her "aah!" when hit is mad irritating.

Poison, she is the worst. Most top level poisons will just projectile you too death. That's it. No movement. Nothing.

Hugo, dude is big. Hits hard but if you are use to zoning, you'll be fine. If not.... ggs

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Can anyone explain to me how newcomer icons and titles are acquired for the new challengers? I am mystified.

oroboros

but note that intro and Title screen said Super SF4.

Ultra doesnt even have a custom intro or title screen its still from Super. You should probably check the character select screen and see if the new ones are there. I was really disappointed with no new intro

Ultra doesnt even have a custom intro or title screen its still from Super. You should probably check the character select screen and see if the new ones are there. I was really disappointed with no new intro

the upgrade does not, the boxed copy does. I think it's a DLC restriction

GrayFoxPL

Yeah it's Ultra "inside".

I thought this has the new intro and title screen Capcom posted online.

the upgrade does not, the boxed copy does. I think it's a DLC restriction

That sucks. Looks like poor's man edition. Lol.

Anne

sagat already got enough nerfs, c'mon son

Works on more than Sagat, I just can't get it consistently besides on him/Grapplers/Seth. I hit Dee Jay(PS it killed him), Vega, Dudley with it but it's so hard, you'll need a real set up. We managed to get it to connect on Ryu ONCE but Idk if we messed up somewhere.

oroboros

Elena's HP Mallet Smash is -1 on Block and +6 on Hit lol.

Really wish her cr.HP was cancellable tho :(

I really wish you could combo off b.HK on counter hit. It seems like you should be able to since that move is great for getting counter hits during footsies and also to frame trap throw techs. Strange that it seems to lead to nothing.

Sayad

I only have SSF4 disc, what I did is downloaded Ultra but not installed it. I fired up Super and downloaded patch. Then I quit and installed Ultra.

Game detected Ultra add on in the menu but note that intro and Title screen said Super SF4.

But I only fired it up once, maybe it'll change after second time.

This is exactly what I did! Maybe my download was corrupted or something, will try re-downloading the update.

I think you need the other patches as well?
What other patches?!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

From my experience with Street Fighter IV, content has been compatible across regions on 360 only and locked to the disc region on PS3.

For U.S./Japan stuff, in fact, I can't think of a single PS3 game where content from one region worked on another. Just 360.

I really wish you could combo off b.HK on counter hit. It seems like you should be able to since that move is great for getting counter hits during footsies and also to frame trap throw techs. Strange that it seems to lead to nothing.

Yea I was upset that it does nothing on hit.

Guy feels a little better.

Was a little surprised with catching someone with sim's UC2. Range feels bigger than a "slight" increase.

PS3 utilizing PSN chat, or the IRC Channel?

I don't know if its early scrub play or not but damn im loving this version of Juri, overall the matches have been more honest. Until somebody finds something real cheap im just gonna keep enjoying Ultra.

El Sloth

Banned
Posting again for new page:

Alright, I'll start taking names for the mini Ultra team tourney on Friday. Limit of 17 people. I've already taken the 18th spot ( ≖‿≖).

PSN only (sorry too lazy to also do a 360 one). Is 7 p.m. EST a good start time? That's what I'm leaning towards right now.

Just post "I wanna enter the PSN team tourney" and I'll sign you up when I find your post later. First come, first served.

Anyways, the format:
team battle
3 v 3
KoF style (called "Elimination" in Ultra)
double elimination (meaning there's a loser's bracket)
No 2/3 though, not even for grand finals. Maybe for a future tourney depending on how long this one takes.

I'll enter the name of everyone entered into whatever online randomizer I find first and the top 6 names get made Team Captains. The captains then get to choose who they want on their teams depending on the order their names came up in the randomizer. First name gets first pick, Second name goes next, so on so forth.

More importantly, captains get final say on team names.

If a member of someone's team doesn't show up then I'll let people look for someone else on here to replace them. I won't be willing to hold things up for long though.

Digital tears are your only prize.

Edit: forgot to mention you are character locked to your first choice.

here's some good and stupid stuff in usf4 for hugo, dan, zangief, and i guess dhalsim sorta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VX1aIQ_rGg

featuring:
--hugo clap kara cancel ultra throw, general corner control, and ultra 2 range
--dan crossup lk knee into ultra 2, even on delayed wakeup
--zangief 1010 stun combo, aka good enough to stun Sagat and most other characters, into a soft knockdown for a double safe jump v 5f wakeups
--dhalsim trying to do things that look cool but eh you can guess how that goes

RyudBoy

A day later and the netcode is still atrocious for me. Sup with this waiting for opponent shit? The fuck did they do to the game. It's so damn frustrating.

And it's not my connection either. Any other game I play isn't laggy.

Imm0rt4l

"Mash ultra, tech. That's your whole obnoxious game, I could beat you every time if I had infinite patience. Fucckkkkk yoooouuu"

I <3 rage mail

This is after he took a win after losing 10 games straight 8 of those matches being with dudley. I lost with rolento and I didn't mash ultra, I just know when to use 'hang em' high'. Can't imagine his issues being with dudley, since mashing ultra isn't an option. lol @ being mad I can tech throws. *shrugs

He wasn't even a terrible player, just really entitled.

vulva

Posting again for new page:

Alright, I'll start taking names for the mini Ultra team tourney on Friday. Limit of 17 people. I've already taken the 18th spot ( &#8790;&#8255;&#8790;).

PSN only (sorry too lazy to also do a 360 one). Is 7 p.m. EST a good start time? That's what I'm leaning towards right now.

Just post "I wanna enter the PSN team tourney" and I'll sign you up when I find your post later. First come, first served.

Anyways, the format:
team battle
3 v 3
KoF style (called "Elimination" in Ultra)
double elimination (meaning there's a loser's bracket)
No 2/3 though, not even for grand finals. Maybe for a future tourney depending on how long this one takes.

I'll enter the name of everyone entered into whatever online randomizer I find first and the top 6 names get made Team Captains. The captains then get to choose who they want on their teams depending on the order their names came up in the randomizer. First name gets first pick, Second name goes next, so on so forth.

More importantly, captains get final say on team names.

If a member of someone's team doesn't show up then I'll let people look for someone else on here to replace them. I won't be willing to hold things up for long though.

Digital tears are your only prize.
I want to enter the PSN tournament

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
"Mash ultra, tech. That's your whole obnoxious game, I could beat you every time if I had infinite patience. Fucckkkkk yoooouuu"

I <3 rage mail

This is after he took a win after losing 10 games straight 8 of those matches being with dudley. I lost with rolento and I didn't mash ultra, I just know when to use 'hang em' high'. Can't imagine his issues being with dudley, since mashing ultra isn't an option. lol @ being mad I can tech throws. *shrugs

He wasn't even a terrible player, just really entitled.

Surprisingly only got GG messages yesterday. One guy was salty that I left after a win, but sorry dude- it was 11 pm and time to stop for the night.

Did get one rage quitter though, so it wasn't a total loss!

here's some good and stupid stuff in usf4 for hugo, dan, zangief, and i guess dhalsim sorta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VX1aIQ_rGg

featuring:
--hugo clap kara cancel ultra throw, general corner control, and ultra 2 range
--dan crossup lk knee into ultra 2, even on delayed wakeup
--zangief 1010 stun combo, aka good enough to stun Sagat and most other characters, into a soft knockdown for a double safe jump v 5f wakeups
--dhalsim trying to do things that look cool but eh you can guess how that goes

The struggle is real.

cackhyena

A day later and the netcode is still atrocious for me. Sup with this waiting for opponent shit? The fuck did they do to the game. It's so damn frustrating.

And it's not my connection either. Any other game I play isn't laggy.
Same bullshit is on the STEAM AE version as well. It's a clusterfuck right now.

Mik317

Ho lee fuck T Hawk is fucking scary

yep.

My scrub grappler killer strategy is null and void against him lol.

Jump ins? I'm a dive dat

Fireballs? "Imma dive dat

Get Close? get chucked.

shit is scary as shit. Especially since like 3 throws will kill most of the characters I play lol.

Top Bottom