• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

LowParry

Some pretty good games on PC with AE. Just couple of matches that stuttered but the rest were good. Does the game need open ports or is that just with Steam?

Theyre gonna have to patch this thing at least once again right? Just some of the hitbox issues alone warrant it. Not to even mention the Deejay /Elena/Rolento hatchet jobs.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a patch for fixes and slight balance tweaks for the retail release. They still have trials that need patching in.

Can anyone else not join ranked matches at all on PS3? They all tell me I am unable to join the session, I can't get a single match. Endless battle and everything else works just fine though.

sunspear

Neo Member
I havent played SF since ssf4 so i am SUPER RUSTY plus im using a ps3 controller. im learning poison and cody so if anyone wants to help me get better add me. east coast, psn is Arkfiend

I play either
Honda
Blanka
Bison
Hawk.

I'm playing on pad so my shoto's suck.

But at the arcades it varies.

Last resort is RYU

E: I played through arcade mode. Alot more challengers

I play either
Honda
Blanka
Bison
Hawk.

I'm playing on pad so my shoto's suck.

But at the arcades it varies.

Last resort is RYU
Why not play some rush down characters like Yun, Rufus, Cammy, Dudley? I'm pretty impatient too so that's why I play Yun... (also why i get blown up sometimes)

Hugo is a monster. I haven't looked at the frame data yet but I figured out you can link his 3 claps from heavy down to light for when you gotta give them the triple clap... And if you hit a delayed heavy clap after a focus crumple, it does a little juggle that you can follow with backbreaker or U2 for crazy damage. I'm leaning towards running U2 over double Ultra cuz of that damage nerf.

Anyone got some Hugo tech?

Nuklear

Banned
After trying Rolento in training mode...I have to say I agree with the earlier guy. Maybe with time I will be proven wrong, but Ultra Rolento is barely even a shadow of his Alpha 2 persona, where he was basically a god among men.

Slow, cannot control the wall jump (!?) not even using it with different buttons (!!!???), ill timed movements, pathetic dash (well he didn't have this in alpha, but it could have compensated his walking speed).

Maybe his normals are really good now but I am not really feeling it.

We'll see if Infiltration sticks with him or drops him. Everytime we saw him playing Ultra pre-release it was with Rolento so if he's as terrible as he appears Infiltration won't be playing him either.

Soulstar

I can't seem to find my super street fighter 4 disc for 360 so I used some points laying around in my PSN account to buy the ultra upgrade for ps3. So if anyone on PSN wants to play I'm TheLoveCook on PSN.

Edgeward

The Pc version netcode seems worse. Got a ton of "waiting for other players" message mid match. At least it boots up faster =/

Izuna

Banned
Ibuki Player Guide Rev.4 Notes...

Ruining Ibuki's TC10 is the biggest nerf ever (doesn't allow pressure on crouching opponents anymore)

far.st.HP kara cancel is sweet

DWU doesn't really change her, just makes losers like Jazdero sent hate mail

Elena's hitbox disregards all bug fixes Ibuki had

TC6/TC8 allowing you to go into hard knockdown with U1, Raida and cr.HP makes for a good overall damage/stun output boost, no more meter required to force opponents into the corner etc. (side note, the damage on using U1 as a knockdown is huge, more powerful compared to any other standard combo, almost as powerful as HK Kazegiri xx Super which is hard to land and unsafe)

Speaking of the change to TC8, it is now the most powerful way to go into Ibuki's Super, and due to it being cancellable into Tsumuji for either blockstring or frame-trap, this is great

cr.LP makes certain links easier, no real change in functionality because cr.LK is mostly better due it its hitbox etc.

Faster walk speed is nice, but removal of TC10's usefullness balances this buff out

Ultra Combo W, for the most part, is EXTREMELY useless -- where U1 should only ever be picked if it has overall advantage over U2 -- however W is great for vs. Abel

Akuma's cr.HK xx Ultra nerf makes the match-up a lot easier, hahaha

Favourite new combo: TC6/TC8 into far.st.HP kara cancel Raida -- looks awesome, or simply CD kara cancel Raida, even cooler

Ibuki was unaffected by the SRK FADC nerf

I don't know why, but you can't do cr.HP Red Focus to cause a crumple, she seems to require counterhit for any red focus setup -- only one I could find is far.st.HP red focus, but...

Rhapsody

Banned
I only did a few online matches with a friend in the same neighborhood. Didn't run into that waiting message, but I wish online play was a bit smoother. Both on a wired connection, and it wasn't as good as I was expecting. It's hard to do online SF4 play after being so used to local.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I enjoy playing both characters and they do feel a bit similar. I play a pretty defensive rolento at the moment and much like gouken, you really have to be on point with anti airs or you're done. He can aa with far hk, st mp or close hp depending on the spacing. They're also similar if you get knocked down as they don't really have a strong "get off me" move.

I think once I get more familiar with his normals, I'll be more aggressive. I'm in the process of learning frame traps and landing safe pogo mixups.

Sounds good, thanks!

Yeah, I guess Gouken only really has his counter or demon flip on wake up, both of which are not only predictable, but risky (can't even FADC like with dragon punches).

Still, Rolento looks pretty fun. I've always liked his design and strong normal game, and never really played a "bouncy" character before. Tinkered with Fuerte in Vanilla a bit, but that was a short-lived affair.

To anyone not using an arcade stick:
How easy is it to execute a Red Focus on a standard controller, like a dualshock?

LP+MK+MP seems rather uncomfortable...
I wish they just put Red Focus on HP+HK and moved taunt to the Select button or something.

That is... a really good idea.
For the time being, I just squash all four face buttons with my thumb and hope for the best...

Top Bottom