• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

alstein

Good game to you both....psn feels like playing underwater.

I can't play Hawk on PSN period, that's how bad the lag is, even in green connections. They feel as bad as orange connections do on PC.

Folks know it's laggy too, so they jump around all the time to boot, I really need a char with a braindead style and one-button AA, and turtling to play ranked crap for the sake of my sanity. I have to dumb it down- it's just no fun.

Maybe I should just Love Max it until August.

Laconic

Banned
How bad is it going to suck, when August rolls around, and the lag is just as bad on PC? If 360 is getting ass-lag, why would you guys presume that the Steam version would be markedly better?

Imm0rt4l

Oh crap you play Ibuki, how do I delay wake up?
kappa

Yah ggs, I'm surprised you haven't picked up E Ryu when you regular Ryu is pretty good...

I may just have to give into satsui no hadou as well! I may focus on rolento for a while as a tertiary character.

Mike M

Nick N
I'm terrible with everyone. My execution is so awful : (

I was never anything but a bad Balrog player, and now in my attempt to try something new, I'm just a bad player in general.

OceanBlue

I was never anything but a bad Balrog player, and now in my attempt to try something new, I'm just a bad player in general.

I know how you feel. Trying characters that aren't Ryu made me realize that I never had any real neutral game. All I know how to do is throw fireballs (throwing them, not mixing them up or being smart with them :V), shoryuken, and walk forward against worse players who run to the corner. Playing characters with weak or no fireballs or playing characters who have to link their cr.LKs is so tough for me lol.

JeTmAn81

Being bad is nothing to be ashamed of. Just embrace your limitations and do your best to improve. Above all, remember: the one who has fun wins!

alstein

How bad is it going to suck, when August rolls around, and the lag is just as bad on PC? If 360 is getting ass-lag, why would you guys presume that the Steam version would be markedly better?

before the Steam update: PC > 360.

Hoping Q-Loc gets it together before August for PC- netcode right now on PC seems to have the same issues KOF PC netcode had when it came out on Steam, but not as bad.

Mike M

Nick N
Being bad is nothing to be ashamed of. Just embrace your limitations and do your best to improve. Above all, remember: the one who has fun wins!

I'm not ashamed at all, but I wouldn't be lying if I said I wouldn't mind being a lot better at the game. So many timings I just can't work out enough to do reliably....

Robot Pants

Well since Seth is ruined (RIP) I've switched to Yun and I really like him. The past day I've just been working on getting his bnb combos down to where I'm not even thinking about it. Next gonna learn some safe jump/ corner pressure setups.
And I haven't even begun to understand how to use genajin correctly. For now I just use my meter when I have it. But Yun is fast like Seth so I enjoy him.

Exr

Rolentos crouching forward has really short range, bummer. Hugo can go over a lot of fireballs (even Poisons) with the mk hop. Love landing the triple palms on fools.

Trickster

Aaaargh, why is the pc version so fucking dead...It's bad enough that I have to still play AE, while console players play Ultra. But I can't even get a match atm :|

Aaaargh, why is the pc version so fucking dead...It's bad enough that I have to still play AE, while console players play Ultra. But I can't even get a match atm :|
Where are you located? I'm in Utah, had my region set to local and I didn't have a problem finding matches for a good 3 hours or so.

Malalaw

I feel you bro. I am so demoralized right now from all my defeats.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ggs, dudes

What do you think about the Rose-Poison MU so far, Q? From what little I've played, I think it's slightly in Rose's favor.
Yeah it's def in Rose's favor due to how hard it is for poison to get in easy. But once she's in it seems rough for Rose

xCobalt

Sounds good, thanks!

Yeah, I guess Gouken only really has his counter or demon flip on wake up, both of which are not only predictable, but risky (can't even FADC like with dragon punches).

Still, Rolento looks pretty fun. I've always liked his design and strong normal game, and never really played a "bouncy" character before. Tinkered with Fuerte in Vanilla a bit, but that was a short-lived affair.

Gouken has EX Tatsu FADC now which is pretty good. The only thing I don't like about it is that gouken will dash under the opponent if it hits. This will screw up your ultra buffer so you'll have to resort to sweep.

Trickster

Where are you located? I'm in Utah, had my region set to local and I didn't have a problem finding matches for a good 3 hours or so.

I'm in Denmark in Europe. But still, I can't find anyone even if I search for all regions, both in ranked and endless. So very annoying :p

Was finally gonna break my slump streak and then..player leaves the session. Should really award you for that still.

I really don't get why you don't get an automatic win if the other player "leaves" aka. ragequits

Top Bottom