• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

VashTS

I'm pretty sure the clap is a rekka...so I guess you can just keep linking them for a bit. He seems pretty good vs characters without fireballs and/or reversals.

I thought Hugo had to go from fierce clap to strong then to jab clap in order to combo then. Decapre has a tough matchup against him since her reversals are all charge moves and she needs to get in close to deal damage.

xCobalt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQs5KshcD2Y

Just a small update from the previous vid I made. You get more damage and stun if you reset with a close mp rather than jab. Gouken can get a stun off a reset if he goes for the low follow up. If you go for an overhead instead, it still hits meaty so you can link a jab afterwards. Uses 2 bars but you end up building 1 throughout the entire process. Much better than the other gouken reset videos since it doesn't leave you in the corner and has a much more ambiguous mixup.

vg260

Go to replay channel > battle log > and press X (on 360) to upload. You can only upload from the battle log and not from matches you save to your hard drive for whatever reason.

That's weird. There is no blue x button prompt to upload to YouTube in the battle log for me. I even updated the YouTube app and signed in.

It's still not listed there like as shown in the manual. Anyone else have this issue?

Espi

Banned
So has anyone been looking at how alucard is using Hugo?

I had no idea hugo's clap was that scary...

Man, I was hoping Hugo would stay under the radar. I wanted to use him but I'm part of the PC Peasant race.

When UD was saying the Japanese weren't using him right- he wasn't kidding.

Everyone puts the Japanese on this pedestal, and assume if they can't use a character then they automatically suck.

Marz

Man, I was hoping Hugo would stay under the radar. I wanted to use him but I'm part of the PC Peasant race.

Everyone puts the Japanese on this pedestal, and assume if they can't use a character then they automatically suck.

Nah Japan just didn't have training mode. They deserve to be on that pedestal.

cackhyena

He still seems like he's gonna have major issues with fb characters. Although I've seen some strange hitbox properties play in his favor in some videos. I couldn't believe how far his Ultra will grab you out of the air. Can this come to PC already? Goddamn.

I have a costume question...
When the vs screen comes up before the match starts, I can see the costume icon with the exclamation mark, on my opponents portrait. AFAIK, this means I cant see the selected costume my opponent is wearing (so I just get their default one instead).
This only happens when my opponent is using one of the 5 new characters and I have downloaded all of the compatibility packs. I assume its either the pre-order costumes or the SFxT save file ones, for the new characters.
Anyone get this, know how to fix it, or know when Capcom will remedy it?

Onemic

Man, looks like Jwong is having as much trouble landing Elenas combos online as me lol. I was beginning to think maybe I was the only one...

LowParry

Seems Steam got some minor patches today.

Patch Release Note:

Geo fencing no longer enforced in matchmaking query. Setting to [ANY] will query matches without any restriction. Setting to [SAME] will limit search to the same country based on the player's geo-location. (better ping)

Added voice chat mute option within the in-game menu.

Setting the BGM to 0 will now mute the music completely.

11th and 12th costume colors from vanilla SFIV is now unlocked for everyone.

Removed recurring prompt and need to install the redistributable.

Removed GFWL client install prompt.

Country flag placeholder will now display the neutral grey SSFIVAE logo instead of the Ultra SFIV logo.

It's a start. Thank the lord the mute option is in now.

Trading with Hugo is just the worst. It hurts so damn much.

What's with Poison's cr.lk. Sometimes I can chain it, other times I can't. It almost makes me not wanna use it.

OceanBlue

What's with Poison's cr.lk. Sometimes I can chain it, other times I can't. It almost makes me not wanna use it.

My short observations were that the cancellable window is shorter than most chainable moves and towards the start of the move's recovery. I don't know if that's really the case but that's how it seemed to me. If I delayed my chain too much I couldn't chain.

Wouldn't that just be because it's a link that's hard to hit? 1 or 2 frames?
No. It doesn't have near enough frame advantage to link. I wanna say it's 0 on hit.
My short observations were that the cancellable window is shorter than most chainable moves and towards the start of the move's recovery. I don't know if that's really the case but that's how it seemed to me. If I delayed my chain too much I couldn't chain.
This might be it. Don't like it though. I can't think of another character like that.

What was the official word on the PS3 tourney that Sloth was setting up? Moved to Sunday? What time?

God damn I am having fun with decapre, but I am so bad.

El Sloth

Banned
What was the official word on the PS3 tourney that Sloth was setting up? Moved to Sunday? What time?

God damn I am having fun with decapre, but I am so bad.
Sunday evening. Hopefully PSN holds up under the weight of 6 people playing each other at a time.

Next time I think I'm just going to do an impromptu thing rather than organize something beforehand. Every week or so see if anyone is up for Team battles sometime during that day. Probably the weekend. Make it a regular sort of thing if enough people want to do it every time.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQs5KshcD2Y

Just a small update from the previous vid I made. You get more damage and stun if you reset with a close mp rather than jab. Gouken can get a stun off a reset if he goes for the low follow up. If you go for an overhead instead, it still hits meaty so you can link a jab afterwards. Uses 2 bars but you end up building 1 throughout the entire process. Much better than the other gouken reset videos since it doesn't leave you in the corner and has a much more ambiguous mixup.
It says video was removed by user. Making some tweaks?
How in the world could Hugo stay under the radar?

;) He's obviously popular as the new grappler, and is pretty fun to play in general. Probably also a few 3S players who can finally rejoice now that that they're not limited to using him in SFxT.
Holy shit at the damage off that closing combo. edit: nm it was a reset. but still!

Ending got me shook.

DAMN
It wasn't even really a reset. He just made a great guess and caught what was likely a flashkick. Not much else he could have tried with that little health, but still... Damn!

Top Bottom