• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Doing my first upload to youtube with Xbox and WTF is going on. The first time it replayed, it was normal. Now it's doing it again at like 5 fps or something like that. Is it like this with everybody with a Xbox? My first upload on PS3 was very quick and I used the same setting with the video quality at "high".

Now that Yun is top tier I don't know if I want to play him anymore.... At least when I beat people with Seth they can't call him cheap anymore...

Just won 15 ranked matches in a row with Elena lol. Some really good players too that just don't know how to stop crouch guarding.

Also shoutouts to healing. Not only can I get almost half my health back, but I can use it as a bait lol. Won a match vs an Ibuki that was adapting to my healing setup (Back throw ~ heal all day), I knew he was going to try neck breaker my Healing, so I cancelled that shit immediately and punished his ass

ayyyyyyy, only if Elena did damage.

Only loss with Elena in ranked right now is against Justin Wong's Yun lol

Now that Yun is top tier I don't know if I want to play him anymore.... At least when I beat people with Seth they can't call him cheap anymore...

Are you kidding me? Seth is still cheap, he's just not top tier anymore. But a character with a plethora of options like what he has is cheap by default unless they made all his options shit.

A much better example of that was Vanilla AE Evil Ryu. Woooo, I have a teleport, fireball, DP, big damage, blah blah blah. Except Capcom went out of their way to make a character with all these moves crap.

Doing my first upload to youtube with Xbox and WTF is going on. The first time it replayed, it was normal. Now it's doing it again at like 5 fps or something like that. Is it like this with everybody with a Xbox? My first upload on PS3 was very quick and I used the same setting with the video quality at "high".
Yeah, other people have mentioned this. At least you can upload. Every time I try, it won't let me.
You serious?

Are you kidding me? Seth is still cheap, he's just not top tier anymore. But a character with a plethora of options like what he has is cheap by default unless they made all his options shit.

A much better example of that was Vanilla AE Evil Ryu. Woooo, I have a teleport, fireball, DP, big damage, blah blah blah. Except Capcom went out of their way to make a character with all these moves crap.
Naw I wouldn't consider him that cheap anymore, he takes forever to stun now, and his only scary mixups are in the corner. They basically nerfed most of his super cheap mixups so using tandem is pretty risky..
edit: I guess you could say he went from super cheap to normal cheap now that I think about it, just his potential to keep you in his vortex is severely reduced (not to mention his own defense by reduced invincibility and FADC nerf). His command grab also does 50 less stun :(
ggs

I'm pretty sure seth is still cheap and looks like a favorable matchup for him against (my day 1 1/2) decapre. i think i figured out her normals for the most part, i just need to watch more of her on stream.
Yah ggs, I only think it looked favorable because its a new character.

Can anyone give me the quick run down on DeeJay and Balrog in Ultra. I might get SSF4U on PC, but based on what read about Rog, I'm not too excited about the changes.

ggs

I'm pretty sure seth is still cheap and looks like a favorable matchup for him against (my day 1 1/2) decapre. i think i figured out her normals for the most part, i just need to watch more of her on stream.

Had my first game on the 360 version a few hours ago, wow i need to practice a lot more. I got back into the pc version last week (granted that version won't have ultra for a little while yet - still thought i'd practice and get used to launching attacks).

Imm0rt4l

Being a lowtier hero is overrated but i understand the feel. Play who you like I say.

Basically. He's just not as retarded as before he still has a shit ton of options. He cant force you into guessing games over and over quite as easily but the character still got options/mixups out the ass. The character is naturally cheap.

Azure J

match with John Choi

kept getting outpoked trying to play footsies with c.mp so i switched it up to c.lk buffer ex hayate or ex fuki. pretty neat to be able to buffer such a quick poke into a midscreen mixup w/ ex fukiage

also my higher quality upload from yesterday only shows the 144p option now? not sure what's up with that. just gonna stick to low quality for the time being

Yep, that midscreen EX Fukiage stuff is going to get a lot of people heated. :lol

Good job.

Kain

Hugo was fun as hell in SxT but here he is comple shit: Armor in SP is stupid, he can't combo from cMP, Lariat punch is useless outside combos (and that with LK, any other Kick is insta-counter), his throw range is bad and his U2 has a strange hitbox that makes him miss EVERY TIME.

Then you see the Zan and die instantly. God damn he is strong now.

Sigh, back to Claw it is. At least Rose is viable now too.

hypernima

Banned
Fighting a really good Decapre....

need-prescription-antiperspirant-2a.jpg

Morris

Disco Devil
I used to be scared of Hugo but he's pretty goddamn useless against zoning. Zangief is still the better grappler.

xCobalt

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. The counter one may be expensive, but sure looks satisfying. Is this new in Ultra btw?

Your Makoto is so reserved and calculated, love it. Not like the majority of hyperactive fools out there.

Oop, my bad. That makes more sense!

Yeah it's new in ultra. Crouching mp into fireball never worked before so this creates some new combos for him. Meaty overhead into jab worked but the palm would never reach far enough.

Dahbomb

Getting in is the problem though. I have to watch those vids, maybe I'm missing something. It seems like sims pokes literally beat anything that elena throws out. She doesn't really have anything to combat that.
Justin was just getting in with well timed slides and focus attacks. He wasn't working particularly hard to get in.

Of course this could just be the new game effect plus Wong factor so who knows really. Just reporting on that match.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Balrog has a standing overhead now? Or is it the dash overhead punch?

He was referring to the Dash Swing Blow overhead. LP version is safe, but I like to throw it out for a pseudo mixup into a low or tick throw game. In the corner, it's pretty tasty especially if you FADC it. Also, Balrog's Light Dash Punch is -1 on block and 0 on hit. Obviously, don't throw it out on people like Gief without making it safe (random times, hitconfirms, and max distance), but I'm seeing with a majority of the cast, it annoys the hell out of people.

Crisium

Yun was top tier in AE and AE2012.

He was most certainly not top tier in 2012. Top half, absolutely. But you'd have to argue a very hard case for him to even crack the top 10, and those arguments mostly from people who like (or dislike?) Kazunoko too much.

vg260

How the heck do you beat T. Hawk? I'm playing w/ Rose and I don't think I've ever come close to taking a round. He seems impossible for me to fight now in general.

How the heck do you beat T. Hawk? I'm playing w/ Rose and I don't think I've ever come close to taking a round. He seems impossible for me to fight now in general.

I played a T.Hawk in ranked against my Elena. That was one of the scariest matches I've ever fought. I had to play so lame and basically just hope he Condor Dive's so I can sweep him for free.

As Rose.. I'd say definitely use U1 so you can fireball trap him pretty easily. Just gotta try lame him out.

Has anyone else not received their costume code from GameStop yet? I preordered online and it said it would send the code in a seperate email. Still haven't gotten anything yet.

Wynnebeck

Banned
My mistake on the Balrog frame data. Apparently, they changed it. He's still -1 on hit with LDP, but he's -3 on block. WTF? Combofiend better fix this shite.

Fighting a good Hakan is frustrating.

I played a good Hakan too. He was doing those running grabs that grab you on that 1 frame you're standing when getting up or something, so he got a round off of it.

Then I remembered if you just mash buttons or cr.LP on wakeup, it'll make his shit get stuffed.

TYB IronStein

My mistake on the Balrog frame data. Apparently, they changed it. He's still -1 on hit with LDP, but he's -3 on block. WTF? Combofiend better fix this shite.

Even though it's what all Rog players wanted, they never changed it.

I don't have much experience with the matchup but I'd assume it's the same as fighting other grapplers: lame him out and play nice and slow. If you know they're gonna go for a grab on wakeup or something you can do a meaty cl.mk since it's invincible to throws.

vg260

I played a T.Hawk in ranked against my Elena. That was one of the scariest matches I've ever fought. I had to play so lame and basically just hope he Condor Dive's so I can sweep him for free.

As Rose.. I'd say definitely use U1 so you can fireball trap him pretty easily. Just gotta try lame him out.

I don't have much experience with the matchup but I'd assume it's the same as fighting other grapplers: lame him out and play nice and slow. If you know they're gonna go for a grab on wakeup or something you can do a meaty cl.mk since it's invincible to throws.

Thanks. He still scares me more than any other grappler.

Top Bottom