• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Izuna

Banned
http://youtu.be/pX2xTxS2uoA

Here are some Ranked Matches I played -- Yun was pretty powerful, and I ran into a Guile I don't think I have ever won a set against

--

Side note, it's good to see my tutorials can still reach Shoryuken news stories and Gootecks is willing to work again if I make Rev.4

AmyS

I use the Super disc w/ ultra dlc and still see the super intro and title screen.

Good to know. I think I'll still wait for retail release this summer, or see if a PS4 version gets announced (or not).

I'm still new to the core game and am not itching to upgrade to Ultra just yet.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Damn getting used to Roses EX Spiral losing to throws is some work :/. She went from not having a reliable reversal to not having a reliable reversal lol.

jlai

match with John Choi

kept getting outpoked trying to play footsies with c.mp so i switched it up to c.lk buffer ex hayate or ex fuki. pretty neat to be able to buffer such a quick poke into a midscreen mixup w/ ex fukiage

also my higher quality upload from yesterday only shows the 144p option now? not sure what's up with that. just gonna stick to low quality for the time being

Marz

match with John Choi

kept getting outpoked trying to play footsies with c.mp so i switched it up to c.lk buffer ex hayate or ex fuki. pretty neat to be able to buffer such a quick poke into a midscreen mixup w/ ex fukiage

also my higher quality upload from yesterday only shows the 144p option now? not sure what's up with that. just gonna stick to low quality for the time being

Getting in DAT ass in round 3

It says video was removed by user. Making some tweaks?

How in the world could Hugo stay under the radar?

;) He's obviously popular as the new grappler, and is pretty fun to play in general. Probably also a few 3S players who can finally rejoice now that that they're not limited to using him in SFxT.

It wasn't even really a reset. He just made a great guess and caught what was likely a flashkick. Not much else he could have tried with that little health, but still... Damn!

I should have clarified. I was talking about the first round alucard won.

Edit: nice to hear the tourney is Sunday evening

yeah alukard got lucky dai could have just poked but he was terrified. I play W hugo in that situation i would have likely gone for the gigas off the super. (grounded hidden startup)

xCobalt

Kuma, can you do Hugo's kara ultra throw? If so, how do you do it? By which I mean, how does your hand look like on the stick.

Edit: The kara if you don't know what I'm talking about: http://youtu.be/-VX1aIQ_rGg

Waiting to see who actually ends up being around on Sunday before making teams. It shouldn't take too long.

I can get it pretty consistently. Just plink the lp with lk. My middle finger is on lp and my index finger is on lk. If you want the ex version, ring finger is on mk.

Mike M

Nick N
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y89EPZI8cuE&t=0m30s

This happened to me the other day, I was so happy.
c85c731f98369477a11acdef473eb80cb0399b2e3c2e63bfa294073659a33c59.jpg

rocK`

Banned
Quick grind to 1550 Pp with my Rufus. Cody players only ones giving me problems. It's like all their buttons are better than mine. Too impatient to wait out their strings

Onemic

Speaking of bad MU's, here are a few I can already tell are nightmare matchups for elena:

Sagat
Juri
Dhalsim
Seth
Chun-Li

BizzyBum

match with John Choi

Nice Makoto.

It seems all the good Ryu players in AE are switching to Evil Ryu now. lol

Twelvy

I guess this was asked many times and the answer is no, but is there a way to change your region on PS3? Is it only based on your PSN account?

hellbox9 from Sagat's SRK forum
posted it in other thread, but thought you guys might wanna see it, got this message after griping to combo on capcom unity forums:

Hello,

Thanks for sending this. I'm FULLY aware of the Sagat sentiment. I honestly feel that if he retained his damage, the fireball nerf wouldn't have made such a big deal.

Anyhow, I'm making a list with of those characters who didn't quite hit the mark. Let the other Sagat dudes know I that they're sentiment isn't wasted.

Thanks again,

Peter

combo pls

Mike M

Nick N
Alright, I need some help here, because this GameStop preorder thing has been nothing but a huge cluster of fuck for me.

I redeemed the $15 voucher. It didn't give me the option to use my credit when checking out with the USFIV from the website, so I ended up eating the cost. Okay fine, whatever, I've got $15 to spend elsewhere then.

I get the code from Gamestop. I enter it on my Xbox. It doesn't go through. I hop onto my PC and enter it. It goes through, says I just bought some costumes, I click confirm. Nothing happens. There's nothing in my download queue. There's no option to select alternate costumes for the new challengers in my game. There's nothing in my transaction history. The code says it's already been redeemed.

Where the fuck are my costumes?

Dahbomb

Speaking of bad MU's, here are a few I can already tell are nightmare matchups for elena:

Sagat
Juri
Dhalsim
Seth
Chun-Li
I don't know about that man, Justin Wong was demolishing FChamp's Sim. Once she was in it was pretty much done for Sim.

Malalaw

Anyone else watch streams on twitch to pick up pointers? Using what I learn on there against friends in house helps so much.

SUPARSTARX

Grinding a lot of matches with Elena. I kinda like her more but at the same time I am kind of meh with her low damage output since her footsies and pressure are kinda hard to apply.

I gotta xcopy some of those Desk Elena combos from his video. Too buttery smooth.

Nice Makoto.

It seems all the good Ryu players in AE are switching to Evil Ryu now. lol

Valle went to Rolento, but he can play Evil Ryu though, but only casually I think. As for Choi, I can't wait to see what he can do with him once he becomes more familiar with the character. I'd also like to see Daigo in a lot more matches to see how much he uses the changes and for what purpose. I already had plenty of ideas about applying the changes and look for them in matches so I'm curious to see if he or other Evil Ryu players are doing the same. But anyways, overall Evil Ryu is very similar to Ryu, but he does have some unique abilities and a lot more mix up potential with fake cross ups, dive kick, and having the ability to tatsu > sweep most of the cast opens the door to new possibilities.

I don't know about that man, Justin Wong was demolishing FChamp's Sim. Once she was in it was pretty much done for Sim.
I feel like that goes for any character though. If you get in on Sim with anyone, he's pretty boned. It's always the process of actually getting in and staying on top of him. I didn't get to see the matches though, so I'm just saying.
Is there any Hugo combos/vids I can use? I really enjoyed him in SvC Chaos.
You enjoyed SvC Chaos?

Jk, I actually liked that game despite it being shitty.

Onemic

Getting in is the problem though. I have to watch those vids, maybe I'm missing something. It seems like sims pokes literally beat anything that elena throws out. She doesn't really have anything to combat that.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry about that. Decided to upload a more complete video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXddJ8g6iNk

Covers both high and low. The meaty overhead into crouching jab is a 1 or 2 frame link. If you're not confident with your links, the counter version also stuns but requires 3 bars in total and expecting your opponent to crouch tech.
Good stuff, thanks for sharing. The counter one may be expensive, but sure looks satisfying. Is this new in Ultra btw?
match with John Choi

Your Makoto is so reserved and calculated, love it. Not like the majority of hyperactive fools out there.
I think he was talking about the first round.

I should have clarified. I was talking about the first round alucard won.
Oop, my bad. That makes more sense!

Top Bottom