• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vMaxx

alr1ghtstart said:
stage selection only exists on teh difficulties you've beaten. At least that's how it was in the first one.
I've just opened uncharted to see if this resolves my problem but nothing happened.I still can't choose chapters from the start menu.Any other ideas?

Wario64 said:
Interesting, the reviewer compared the action sequences to Indiana Jones (which I agree) and to Die Hard....I'm not sure about Die Hard.
In the QL (or maybe on the Bombcast, can't remember) Gerstmann mentioned he definitely got a John McClane vibe from Drake this time. He has a sense of humor and is charming and will break necks without a second thought. I haven't played it, but what I've seen of the new melee stuff, he can be pretty brutal with his takedowns.

Sounds awesome. Can't wait for Sunday.

Jim

Was playing around with the snow and stuff for some reason last night, and I still have no idea why the GD review stated there were no footprints. There are, and they are really impressive. Drake's legs push through the snow and leave persistent prints everywhere. They don't even fade from what I've seen.

Some footage of it (no spoilers):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2U0y0CB23c

I should have finished the game by now... I'm spending way too much time searching for Treasure on my first run.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The snow is definitely impressive. One of the standout areas of the game graphically imo. The footprints are probably the first thing I noticed

Jim said:
Was playing around with the snow and stuff for some reason last night, and I still have no idea why the GD review stated there were no footprints. There are, and they are really impressive. Drake's legs push through the snow and leave persistent prints everywhere. They don't even fade from what I've seen.

Holy shit! I'm usually not one to have the "OMG SOOOOOOOOOOOO GUDD" type of reactions, but damn, that looks amazing! O.O

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Jim said:

I should have finished the game by now... I'm spending way too much time searching for Treasure.

meh , ok there is fuckin impressive snow and footprints , but Drake still can't use his urine to write his name , and that is one epic fail.

fix this shit Guerilla.

kaskade

Jim said:

I should have finished the game by now... I'm spending way too much time searching for Treasure on my first run.
There were footprint in the multiplayer demo too, they weren't persistent but they were still there.

We’re just over a week since the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves demo became available to everyone with access to the PlayStation Network, and the numbers are staggering:

Total Number of games played – 1,217,424
Total Number of Kills – 92,110,787
Total Number of Treasures Captured – 1,860,645
Total Amount of Money Earned – $38,841,367,350
Total Time Played – 9,905 days (or 27+ years!)

The demo is currently #1 out of the top 5 demo first-week downloads to date, and is on a trajectory to become the most downloaded demo on PSN, ever. You can add to that number right now by visiting the PlayStation Store.

In other news, UNCHARTED 2 is teaming up with Pepsi! Launching in November 2009, consumers in the West and Midwest regions will have a chance to win PS3 consoles, copies of UNCHARTED 2 and UNCHARTED motion comics through Pepsi promotions. More details to follow soon.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/10/uncharted-2-among-thieves-by-the-numbers/

LaneDS

How many of you have friends that either weren't big into the PS3, or hadn't played/liked the first game that are amped up for Uncharted 2 next week? I can count three of people I know, which is impressive. I couldn't get anyone on board with MGS4 when it launched (people were content to just come over and watch), so it's exciting for me to see people get hyped for UC2.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
UGH, a local retailer just stocked up on the EU version, should I bite? remind me of what I'm about to miss out?

I'll have to wait for 5-7 days for the NA version.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Jinfash said:
UGH, a local retailer just stocked up on the EU version, should I bite? remind me of what I'm about to miss out?

I'll have to wait for 5-7 days for the NA version.

Come on people!

- will it matter in MP? or will the game always search for optimal & proximal games?
- are they planning on releasing DLCs?
- would buy the game now or wait 7 days if you were in my position?

I'm not a very patient person.

KZObsessed

Jinfash said:
Come on people!

- will it matter in MP? or will the game always search for optimal & proximal games?

They will be releasing MP DLC apparently.

I'd say just wait if it's going to be a problem.

Jinfash said:
Come on people!

I would buy now. DLC might be region-locked though so buy it at your own risk.

Full Recovery said:
pre-order canceled.
Dude, I've had to pre-order and cancel my pre-order several times because whenever I see something like a bad review (anything that isn't a TEN out of TEN) or I hear some sort of criticism from the people who have it early, I cancel my pre-order, and then I pre-order it again in case I hear another criticism or I see another bad review just so I can cancel it again. Rinse and repeat.

It's really starting to annoy me.

Edit - I think I might cancel my pre-order AGAIN just because of how annoying this whole process is.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't want to go through the whole thread after what happened with the spoilers and whatnot.

I want to ask about broken street dates since I have to import the game, and a friend of mine is in the states right now (U2 concert) and will be coming back the 13th (yeah, I know), so I was wondering if anybody knows of any stores that are already selling the game in the Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) area. If my friend can't get the game before coming back, I'll have to wait at least two/three more weeks for the game to reach South America.

I hope this is not bannable (asking for broken street dates; I didn't see anything against it in the TOS, but I don't want to step on anybody's toes), and if it is, please let me know and I'll just delete/edit this post.

In advance, thanks for your help. For any Naughty Dogs out there: I'm sorry if this bothers you, but you sons of female-dogs made one hell of a game :p

Loudninja

If you’ve been keeping score at home, UNCHARTED 2 has racked up 17 perfect review scores so far, out of 34 on Metacritic – with none coming in at less than a 90. And there are a still a few biggies about to hit!

So I guess they seen the other reviews?

Total Number of Kills – 92,110,787

0_0

Dax01 said:
Dude, I've had to pre-order and cancel my pre-order several times because whenever I see something like a bad review (anything that isn't a TEN out of TEN) or I hear some sort of criticism from the people who have it early, I cancel my pre-order, and then I pre-order it again in case I hear another criticism or I see another bad review just so I can cancel it again. Rinse and repeat.

It's really starting to annoy me.

Edit - I think I might cancel my pre-order AGAIN just because of how annoying this whole process is.

Thats just silly. You should have never preordered it in the first place considering the boxart is worse than the original.

rhino4evr

FunkyPajamas said:
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't want to go through the whole thread after what happened with the spoilers and whatnot.

I want to ask about broken street dates since I have to import the game, and a friend of mine is in the states right now (U2 concert) and will be coming back the 13th (yeah, I know), so I was wondering if anybody knows of any stores that are already selling the game in the Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) area. If my friend can't get the game before coming back, I'll have to wait at least two/three more weeks for the game to reach South America.

I hope this is not bannable (asking for broken street dates; I didn't see anything against it in the TOS, but I don't want to step on anybody's toes), and if it is, please let me know and I'll just delete/edit this post.

In advance, thanks for your help. For any Naughty Dogs out there: I'm sorry if this bothers you, but you sons of female-dogs made one hell of a game :p

you sound desperte..and trust me if the street date was broken the entire thread would be

"OMG my TARGET SUCKS, They wouldnt sell it to me"
"I SAW 5 COPIES IN IDAHO WALMART!"
"Mom and Pop stores are the best!"
Etc.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Square Triangle said:
I'm not sure if they fixed the "glitch" but for the past two weeks if you go in-store and ring up the pre-order boxes of Uncharted 2 and then any other one (mine was Ratchet and Clank) Gamer's Club members get the pre-orders for free.

The cashier that rung me up was completely dumb founded and asked associates but came up with no answer- this was found on CAG. Give it a try if you're a club member, it's free DLC for two games :lol

Just came back from best buy and it work! the cashier was dumbfounded as well but he let me go.

Lion Heart said:
Thats just silly. You should have never preordered it in the first place considering the boxart is worse than the original.
You know what? You're right.

Hell, probably the only reason I'm in this thread or interested in the game is because all the sony fanboys are talking about how "great" this game is. This includes Amir0x. I didn't know he was such a PS fanboy until this thread.

satriales

LaneDS said:
How many of you have friends that either weren't big into the PS3, or hadn't played/liked the first game that are amped up for Uncharted 2 next week? I can count three of people I know, which is impressive. I couldn't get anyone on board with MGS4 when it launched (people were content to just come over and watch), so it's exciting for me to see people get hyped for UC2.
One of my housemates had never heard of Uncharted and so I showed him the first game and let him play a couple of levels. He liked it but wasn't as impressed as I thought he'd be. His main complaint was with the controls as he couldn't get Drake to jump in the exact direction he wanted during the stepping stones bit (by the large waterfall) and so he kept dying.

A week later and he sees me playing the
village
level of the Uncharted 2 beta. Instantly he could tell it was the sequel and he was amazed at how good it looked and the way the climbing and jumping looked so smooth compared to the first game. I then showed him the trailer and told him a little about the
train
level and he really wants to play Uncharted 2 now.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Dax01 said:
You know what? You're right.

Hell, probably the only reason I'm in this thread or interested in the game is because all the sony fanboys are talking about how "great" this game is. This includes Amir0x. I didn't know he was such a PS fanboy until this thread.

so anyone interested in this game is a fanboy?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
vMaxx said:
I've just opened uncharted to see if this resolves my problem but nothing happened.I still can't choose chapters from the start menu.Any other ideas?
i think if you started a new game on a new difficulty on the same save game, it will no longer work.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Look at this bug I encountered in co-op (I actually found someone in matchmaking-retail...too bad he sucked, couldnt even beat co-op on easy!)

20aow95.jpg

I fell through the map and it had me hanging on an invisible ledge. Had to let go and kill myself.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wario64 said:
Look at this bug I encountered in co-op (I actually found someone in matchmaking-retail...too bad he sucked, couldnt even beat co-op on easy!)

20aow95.jpg

I fell through the map and it had me hanging on an invisible ledge. Had to let go and kill myself.

Fix this shit Guerrilla!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom