• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gribbix

bernardobri said:
Does Simon Templeman appear on the credits as Gabriel Roman? I loved that character on Drake's Fortune
Yes. He's listed under the 'Additional Multiplayer Cast' section in the credits.

LaneDS

bernardobri said:
Does Simon Templeman appear on the credits as Gabriel Roman? I loved that character on Drake's Fortune

Yeah, I am seriously hoping for that MP skin to be legit. Him and Sully would represent the Yin and Yang of Heroes and Villains for me.

Edit: Fuck yeah to the above post!

Kittonwy said:
Wutabout if I seez beaverz?
Indifferent2.gif
pull out a jammy and kill the punani

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
LaneDS said:
Yeah, I am seriously hoping for that MP skin to be legit. Him and Sully would represent the Yin and Yang of Heroes and Villains for me.

Edit: Fuck yeah to the above post!

You know, I never thought about that Ying and Yang analogy. :lol

Let's high five for the awesomeness!

gorilla_shark_nice_high_five_lg.jpg

Now I noticied about that reference about Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton... Any voice-actors listed for those? (And what about Eddy and Navarro? Although, I assume Tenzin's VA (the same VA for Navarro) and James Sie (Eddy) are enlisted for those.

Gribbix

bernardobri said:
Now I noticied about that reference about Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton... Any voice-actors listed for those? (And what about Eddy and Navarro? Although, I assume Tenzin's VA (the same VA for Navarro) and James Sie (Eddy) are enlisted for those.
Like Roman, the following are also listed under the 'Additional Multiplayer Cast' section (as well as 'Pirate' and 'Mercenary')
Atoq Navarro - Robin Atkin Downes
Eddy Raja - James Sie
Rika Raja - Gwendoline Yeo
Daniel Pinkerton - Fred Tatasciore

By the end Gamereactor will probably be the only place that was so cunning awarding UC2 a 8. They probably want to give EDGE a run for their money.

Aside from selective nitpicking from their history, there's no reason to believe that EDGE wont fall in with the majority - regarding this game, at least. They went apeshit over the original, and awarded it with a gushingly positive review that, ultimately, was only brought down due to lack of originality, and scarce replay value.

WretchedTruman said:
I'm more interested in the survival mode than the co-op. With how dynamic the combat is, I think that this could be a huuuuuuuge time sink.
Yep, survival will take up all my time. I fell in love with coop in AvP and since then I love all kinds of Invasion modes.

WretchedTruman said:
Also, where's Arne? Let's get his scruffy mutt butt over here and praise him personally on how fucking awesome his team's game really is.
Out traveling to promote the game I think.

Virro

WretchedTruman said:
Aside from selective nitpicking from their history, there's no reason to believe that EDGE wont fall in with the majority - regarding this game, at least. They went apeshit over the original, and awarded it with a gushingly positive review that, ultimately, was only brought down due to lack of originality, and scarce replay value.

The original had no replay value? Probably one of the few games in the past few years where I actually went back and played it a few times just to see what I'd missed the first time around. I thought this was one area where it actually succeeded even though it didn't reward you with a new game+ system or something to that effect.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it would be in bad taste for Arne to post anything other than "thanks guys!" at this stage in U2's life-cycle, I'd imagine.

Mr.NiceGuy

Banned
highluxury said:
By the end Gamereactor will probably be the only place that was so cunning awarding UC2 a 8. They probably want to give EDGE a run for their money.

At the EDGE office:

Editor : Ok guys lets shock the world, we will give Uncharted2 a 8 score.
Guy: Sir, Gamereactor already beat us to that.
Editor : BASTARDS !

deepbrown

Mr.NiceGuy said:
At the EDGE office:

Editor : Ok guys lets shock the world, we will give Uncharted2 a 8 score.
Guy: Sir, Gamereactor already beat us to that.
Editor : BASTARDS !
That's a whole Hitler meme there.

Editor: We shall do what no-one expects. We shall have to give it 11!
Guy: But our scale doesn't go up to 11 my Editor.
Editor: EXACTLY! Mwah ha ha.

Virro

deepbrown said:

Didn't a french site or european reviews site already do that too?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope they don't tell more people that the game is great, those cunning scalawags.

deepbrown said:

I asked Wario earlier what he would give Uncharted 2 out of 10 purely based on ENJOYMENT... not graphics, not storytelling, not technical wizardry... nothing, just based on how much he ENJOYED it... his answer?

Wario: 21 out of 10.

There you have it.

I'm getting it tomorrow (paid a fair amount LOL) ... cant wait to play it!! :D

MNC

Wario64 said:
There may be a small handful of co-op maps but they are pretty hard. And I'm only playing normal difficulty with my buddies. We still havent completed a co-op level successfully.

Plus there's survival, which has 4 maps I think? I forget. And Gold Rush is 4 maps too I believe.

Survival is pretty damn hard too. Think GoW2 horde mode.
Judging by this can we assume they're not Nepal sized?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
MNC said:
Judging by this can we assume they're not Nepal sized?

To be honest, I didn't play co-op that much in the beta so I'm not sure how to answer this. But one of the co-op levels that I played in the retail almost mirrored the amount of action found in the story campaign in the same environment, only with more enemies. It's pretty lengthy but I have yet to complete a co-op level successfully

Also, here's some off the screen shots I took, this is from the first chapter so it's not spoiling but I'll post link only just in case

http://i36.tinypic.com/2je6ap.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/6ru3xh.jpg

Also, for the people who want to see my stream tomorrow from ch 22 (I think) till the end of the game, tune in around 10 AM PST. http://www.justin.tv/wariosixfour

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
*removed*

The wait for this game is unbearable.

I love the sound options in the demo, you can tweak many things for your 5.1 set up to get the perfect sound (even the demo is in DTS, amazing).

Goldrusher

marc^o^ said:
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs42/f/2009/156/3/4/Uncharted_2_GIF_by_WieldtheKey.gif

The wait for this game is unbearable.

I love the sound options in the demo, you can tweak many things for your 5.1 set up to get the perfect sound (even the demo is in DTS, amazing).
A 16MB gif. :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
from a trailer we've all seen a million times, no less

Virro

marc^o^ said:

I do too, but the first thing I did was kill the music when I turned on the MP. I hear way too many people with mics leaving the music on which somehow activates their mic for the entire match.

Gomu Gomu

^ Ad-blocked image :D .

So due to hype, I just started playing Uncharted 1 for the first time. Well, I've played like 5 chapters before, but never managed to complete the game. I thought the shooting wasn't solid and unplayable. I changed the difficulty to easy, and things are much better.
I know this is late and a known fact. But GOD DAMN that game is the best looking PS3 title I've ever seen. The amount of details in the environment is mind blowing. And it has fucking colors. Which has become a rare thing this gen :lol

Virro

autobzooty said:
to ruin the game for those of us who have been on media blackout since e3

>:|

Wow, that's a long time. I don't know if I've ever been able to do that with a game before. I regularly do that for movies I'm anticipating... I bet Tuesday will be like early "w/e winter holiday you celebrate" for a lot of people in this thread.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
autobzooty said:
to ruin the game for those of us who have been on media blackout since e3

>:|
to be fair, that's the E3 trailer. if you saw that, the GIF is nothing new.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rez said:

Funny enough, that's the first time time I've ever seen the E3 trailer...through an animated GIF :lol

I avoided almost all media besides the demo and beta for this game. Man it was worth it.

Rez said:

yeah it's nothing too bad. i risked watching a video interview and ended up getting flashed with footage spliced in from the game. I just don't want gifing the game's major set pieces to become a habit in this thread.

Toki767

You know the stealth elements kind of give this a MGS feel. I will say it's nice moving fast unlike sneaking around as Old Snake. :lol

Toki767

Man, I tried playing Multiplayer but the Matchmaking couldn't find me anyone to play with. Guess it'll be easier when the game is actually released. It sure is easy to rack up money though. Especially since your money in Single Player carries over.

Loudninja said:
It doesn't mean they have no played before, they could have been in the first beta ,I went against some good level 1 people.
Just imagine when the full game is out =P
Meeting mr_nothin lvl 1. "Lolz noob this will be easy!"

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
aj2good4you2 said:
me and a couple gaffers had our biggest win yet today:lol

photo-1.jpg

Prime reason why matchmaking needs to be fixed.

aj2good4you2 said:
it was funny.we've played all level 1s who were much better, we tried to give them a chance but even the lvl 12 was horrible:lol

Wow, I foresee people at level 1 just dropping out of a game if the other team looked like yours. I'm at level 13 now, so if I saw your team I would have just dropped out of the game and try to find one more balanced.

Loudninja said:
It doesn't mean they have no played before, they could have been in the first beta ,I went against some good level 1 people.

That is a weak excuse. The only thing I see that might be a problem for this game is the matchmaking. What about the person that buys this game in Jan and decides to play a match online only to be put against level 50 or roman numeral level player and get slaughter, that isn't going to be much fun for the first time player.

Will Naughty Dog make it possible to create a room for a people at a certain level? Take Killzone 2 for example, because of my high rank, I cannot enter into lower rank rooms that would be unfair to first time players who are trying to have fun online and rank up.

neoism

Das-J said:
Well yes, but as a developer I'm constantly thinking of ways to improve the game. I love playing MAG, but I can't help but think about taking a different direction with a number of features, which can be pretty damn distracting! :lol

To that point, it's difficult for most of us to truly immerse ourselves in a game because we're taught to deconstruct first and play second. It takes an overwhelming experience for me to just let go of all that and play a game start-to-finish ,and U2 is the first game since CoD4 to accomplish that feat.
You know I feel the same way, I was a big review freak about 10 years ago, I mainly just trusted 1up's reviews, but I just don't see the point anymore, it's just someones opinion. I guess if you trust that particular journalist though, but I haven't read one review for this game or any other. It's simple people, if you own a PS3, buy this game. It is funny though seeing everyone freak out though:lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom