• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nothin

Banned
:lol
Calm down guys, we played against better teams and still kicked some ass. I gave up those 3 deaths :( Kept being stupid.

And it's not our fault that we got 3 lvl 1's lol.
Yay, got my ps3 back and a mic too =] KZ2 back in my hands and UC2 and R&CF:ACIT coming up. Gaming heaven. Although I suck at KZ2 now, even worse when I 1st started in the 2nd beta. UC2 has me trained to press R2 for reload and I throw grenades in KZ2 :/
I also try to throw a grenade and run in KZ2 because of UC2.

I'll get back in the groove though.

Also, I just discovered Co-op arena in the demo. So much fun. I only played against people who never stuck together though, which sucked. There's so much packed into this demo. I was just playing competitive modes the whole time. Almost $4,000,000 (lvl 56) racked up from that.

Safe Bet

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:
me and a couple gaffers had our biggest win yet today:lol

photo-1.jpg
I'm sure the other team had a great time too...

*eyeroll*

Edit:

Gentleman's Tip:

When your owning the other team that badly, use your handgun.

Just booted up the predecessor a while back. I kick myself in the shins for ever thinking that the graphical upgrade wasn't substantial.

But, man, does this game love to make me thunk myself upside the forehead in shame. Not a minute after thinking, "aw, man, the lip syncing is kinda off and the animation can be a bit-OH FUCK LOOKIT DAT SUBMARINE."

muthafuuuuuuuu-

agaru

mr_nothin said:
UC2 has me trained to press R2 for reload and I throw grenades in KZ2 :/
I also try to throw a grenade and run in KZ2 because of UC2.
Swap R2 and L2 controls for U2. Menu > Options > Controls > R2, L2 Swapped.

Not only it's Killzone-friendly, but also controls better than the default layout.

^ I got beaten like that last night :p To be fair, I only just hit level 2 myself, and I'm crap at shooters. Never played one online before.

I got a few fun kills though. If it looks like I'm about to die, I just lob a grenade in the vague area of my killer.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
if I was matched with more people in my rank range I'd be a lot more comfortable playing the game. Nine time out of ten, I'm on the receiving end of this:

photo-1.jpg

and it's the least fun thing in the world, especially when half the team quits :(

iratA

Das-J said:
Well yes, but as a developer I'm constantly thinking of ways to improve the game. I love playing MAG, but I can't help but think about taking a different direction with a number of features, which can be pretty damn distracting! :lol

To that point, it's difficult for most of us to truly immerse ourselves in a game because we're taught to deconstruct first and play second. It takes an overwhelming experience for me to just let go of all that and play a game start-to-finish ,and U2 is the first game since CoD4 to accomplish that feat.

This right here folks. This speaks volumes about the immersion of this game. And has the side effect of making you want a time machine all the more!

Irish

Man, I missed out on most of the games this morning. Stupid Migraine. You guys needed my Hoosier ass to make an easy target for the weaker teams. You know, make them feel good.

Rez said:
if I was matched with more people in my rank range I'd be a lot more comfortable playing the game. Nine time out of ten, I'm on the receiving end of this:

photo-1.jpg

and it's the least fun thing in the world, especially when half the team quits :(

I haven't played the demo yet. Is the actual game going to match similar ranks? If it doesn't I'll stick with coop because I'm sure I won't play enough to stay competitive and rounds like that aren't even remotely fun.

freitax

Felix Lighter said:
I haven't played the demo yet. Is the actual game going to match similar ranks? If it doesn't I'll stick with coop because I'm sure I won't play enough to stay competitive and rounds like that aren't even remotely fun.
You can get awesome games and there is an option to play ranked matches in the final game, where you play with people of your own rank. And the mp is super fun.

freitax said:
You can get awesome games and there is an option to play ranked matches in the final game, where you play with people of your own rank. And the mp is super fun.

Thanks. That option will probably save mp for me.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I've updated the theme a bit, with intention to eliminate the painfully obvious Indiana Jones artifacts from it. I replaced golden idol and the ark with golden mask and cross found among first Uncharted's treasures. I managed to reconstruct them from one of the wallpapers they released back then.

The new version of theme:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?u2jgtkj3n22

And here are the artifact images I used for icons in it:

2rxwitv.jpg
6i3zvm.jpg

Loudninja said:
USA Today review 4/4

Damn just one more point and it would have been a perfect 5.

And wow you were right, there's a major plot twist like, right there. I mean, wow. I've been assuming that when you guys say "there's a spoiler in the x paragraph" you mean it's something like an environmental or puzzle spoiler, but no, this is like, hey here's a gigantic story development that you won't know about unless you play the game, or read our review. :lol

I know it's my fault and all, you warned about spoilers fair and square, but I didn't expect them to be like "You find out that Darth Vader is actually Luke's father at the end. Anyway, the graphics..."

Felix Lighter said:
The 4 high ranks are in a party together. That's why it's uneven.

KZObsessed

I must say I'm really liking the online.

Wasn't really feeling it during the first beta, but the more I've played it the more it's grown on me.

It's light hearted which is nice, not as much "work" as KZ2 online, tho there is a lot more smack talking which is odd :lol

brandonh83 said:
Damn just one more point and it would have been a perfect 5.

And wow you were right, there's a major plot twist like, right there. I mean, wow. I've been assuming that when you guys say "there's a spoiler in the x paragraph" you mean it's something like an environmental or puzzle spoiler, but no, this is like, hey here's a gigantic story development that you won't know about unless you play the game, or read our review. :lol

I know it's my fault and all, you warned about spoilers fair and square, but I didn't expect them to be like "You find out that Darth Vader is actually Luke's father at the end. Anyway, the graphics..."
Yeah, I highlighted a spoiler that wasn't described as huge earlier, and it was ginormous. The biggest spoiler possible. Been trying to stay away since.

Tenkai Star said:
Uhm you do understand that´s their highest score right?
Not-sure-if-serious.jpg

It was a joke, poking fun at the whole perfect-perfect debacle.

KilgoreTrout said:
Yeah, I highlighted a spoiler that wasn't described as huge earlier, and it was ginormous. Been trying to stay away since.

Yeah the review literally just comes out and says "oh btw this happens." Like out of nowhere, no warning, nothing. Really unprofessional shit right there.

beast786

I have spent 2hrs in SP .

People DONT spoil yourself with video reviews and locations. The surprize of location is such a jaw dropper when I had no idea. Trust me , stay away from any locations.

Congrats to ND. This is a story driven game not the other way around, all full improvement in every aspect from the first. And I love ND humor.

Irish

FFObsessed said:
tho there is a lot more smack talking which is odd :lol

That's what you get for killing me all the time, you bastard!

Actually, I rarely talk at all, but when I do, its mainly nonsensical gibberish in a southern accent(?). I don't about that last part, but its what aj said.

Thrakier said:
Wait till you hear my smack singing.
While playing MAG the other day. Two guys kept "singing": "We are not who you think we are! We are GOLDEN!" Over and over again. I have never wanted to punch someone in the face over TCP/IP so much before.

KZObsessed

Thrakier said:
Wait till you hear my smack singing.

I'm sure it will be heavenly.

Irish said:
That's what you get for killing me all the time, you bastard!

Actually, I rarely talk at all, but when I do, its mainly nonsensical gibberish in a southern accent(?). I don't about that last part, but its what aj said.

oh hi BrokenOath! Wasn't sure what your GAF name was. Fun games last night! Except when you guys blind fired me to death with shotguns and pistoles all game long! :lol

Tenkai Star said:
While playing MAG the other day. Two guys kept "singing": "We are not who you think we are! We are GOLDEN!" Over and over again. I have never wanted to punch someone in the face over TCP/IP so much before.

Yeah err my apologies for that!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
went ahead and ordered from amazon. 62.98 with release date delivery and i got a 5 dollar purchase for another game. Love amazon.

vMaxx

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!! I've just finished the game(by the way it's incredible) in easy mode.I want to load now some of the chapters from the start menu but the only chapter that exists is the very first. Why is that? Do i have to complete the game in normal mode in order to unlock the chapter selection?

Thrakier

Tenkai Star said:

If you hear my voice it's like magic. No worries.

rhino4evr

vMaxx said:
PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!! I've just finished the game(by the way it's incredible) in easy mode.I want to load now some of the chapters from the start menu but the only chapter that exists is the very first. Why is that? Do i have to complete the game in normal mode in order to unlock the chapter selection?

WHY? would you play this game on easy?

vMaxx said:
I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that in UC1. That sounds like a bug.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
vMaxx said:

stage selection only exists on teh difficulties you've beaten. At least that's how it was in the first one.

rhino4evr

alr1ghtstart said:
stage selection only exists on teh difficulties you've beaten. At least that's how it was in the first one.

that seems fairly obvious. Was the post trying to skip levels on a harder difficulty? LOL :lol

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
rhino4evr said:
you forgot your free ECA discount.
someone said something about them not giving out codes so recently because people have been "gaming" the system. Therefore, I did not sign up.

The Giant Bomb looks is calling me. I even started it once, and the big SPOILER warning scared me away. I literally jumped for the mouse when I saw the warning.

ezekial45

Banned
Has anyone with the game been able to play Multiplayer with anyone else? My brother tried going on yesterday and he only saw about 3 players connected. He tried again later, but then he was the only one on.

rhino4evr

MThanded said:
someone said something about them not giving out codes so recently because people have been "gaming" the system. Therefore, I did not sign up.

strange i had no problem using my codes. oh well. This is why we cant have nice things.

Keyser Soze said:
The Giant Bomb looks is calling me. I even started it once, and the big SPOILER warning scared me away. I literally jumped for the mouse when I saw the warning.

I guess it depends how sensitive you are. It wasn't too bad for me because I just kind of tuned Brad out when he was talking about the story. He really only talks about the first couple hours of the game anyway. They watch one cut scene that may cover some story stuff (Nathan is looking over some documents), if you ignore that, the gameplay doesn't spoil anything.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ezekial45 said:
Has anyone with the game been able to play Multiplayer with anyone else? My brother tried going on yesterday and he only saw about 3 players connected. He tried again later, but then he was the only one on.

Matchmaking no. I've only done a handful of co-op survival matches with my buddies that came with me at the SF event. My buddies have been converted to Uncharted too, they never played the game until the Uncharted 2 demo/beta and now they got a 2 PS3 'LAN' setup to play co-op on the retail version :lol

Unfortunately there's no real LAN setup. Even the cinema event for the tournaments they had to connect to PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom