• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

So just beat the game on Hard. One of the best games I've played this gen definitely. Though I have to ask about the ending for those who have seen it.

Are clowns a 10 for anyone else?
:lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Toki767 said:
So just beat the game on Hard. One of the best games I've played this gen definitely. Though I have to ask about the ending for those who have seen it.

Are clowns a 10 for anyone else?
:lol

Kramer from Seinfeld would agree

The Chef

Thank god for midnight launch.

Pick it up Tuesday at 12am
Play all night
Wake my wife up at 5am
Drive to airport
Fly to New York for a week with no uncharted :(

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
MickeyKnox said:
Are there less stupid fucking barrels this time around?
Sort of. TNT Barrels are completely gone, but propane tanks are littered all over stages and some chapters also have a bunch of generators you can blow up.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
So basically target, walmart, and blockbuster are my chances at getting the game early?

/me looks for his car keys... bbl

Dax01 said:
How am I being snarky? I can't get the game until December at the very least.
That's wonderful, now please stop with the random and off topic statements that you've littered the thread with. It's getting annoying. You didn't do this in the ODST thread.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Do you guys think that in 5 years or so I'll be able to pick that dagger up on eBay for $10? Man I want that, and I normally hate every stupid pipboy type thing that comes with SE's or preorder bonuses, or prizes. Whatever you want to call them. I really want that dagger though. It may just be my inner Uncharted fanboy coming through though.

100820091299.jpg

JIZZZZZZZ!! I knew i was going to get this early. NY Jnl does it yet again I LOVE YOU!!!! . I saw like 10 reserved copy behind the counter. I think they sold out all the early copies already.

LaneDS

drakesfortune said:
Do you guys think that in 5 years or so I'll be able to pick that dagger up on eBay for $10? Man I want that, and I normally hate every stupid pipboy type thing that comes with SE's or preorder bonuses, or prizes. Whatever you want to call them. I really want that dagger though. It may just be my inner Uncharted fanboy coming through though.

I doubt it, aren't there only 200 being made?

Just like my dream of owning a piece of the Aggro Crag from Nickelodeon's GUTS will never be realized. Sigh.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I understand this is not the appropriate thread nor the appropriate time to submit this idea, but I can't hold it.

I was thinking about how cool it would be to have a close combat system similar to the one employed in Batman: Arkham Asylum in an hypothetical Uncharted 3

Hold your horses.

I'm not talking about 1 vs 10 combat situations, with Drake flying around ninja style and stuff like that, but something a bit more "human", and yet as engaging as in Batman, with 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 combat situations that smoothly flow a la Batman: AA via a counter system and "context" based animations.

Dunno. Felt the need to toss this idea out there.

Virro

TTP said:
I understand this is not the appropriate thread nor the appropriate time to submit this idea, but I can't hold it.

I was thinking about how cool it would be to have a close combat system similar to the one employed in Batman: Arkham Asylum in an hypothetical Uncharted 3

Hold your horses.

I'm not talking about 1 vs 10 combat situations, with Drake flying around ninja style and stuff like that, but something a bit more "human", and yet as engaging as in Batman, with 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 combat situations that smoothly flow a la Batman: AA via a counter system and "context" based animations.

I always felt like ND's intention was to make the game feel as close to an Indiana Jones type experience as possible...so I guess that might be possible at some point. But if you think of the IJ movies, its more about him running and gunning or just fighting one big dude than taking on a whole swarm by himself. If he does take on 1 or 2, its usually something cleverly scripted that he uses that'll save his ass.

TTP said:

Hold your horses.

that WOULD be great. playing that game now (great) and i believe it would work perfectly in a game like uncharted

TTP said:

Hold your horses.

Uncharted has so many context based animations that I've also thought that it would be a good fit. I'd just be worried that there would be too much of a focus on the hand-to-hand combat, and when you have a gun and are in a firefight, it starts to become a little unbelievable that a fist-fight would be feasible or effective.

On another note, I think in Uncharted 3 they need to make the "get behind cover" and "somersault" actions be on two different buttons. This was a problem for me in Uncharted 1 and continues to be a problem in the multiplayer for 2. Sometimes I'm trying to roll to avoid gunfire, but I'll end up lunging towards a wall that was only vaguely in the direction I was trying to go, still being open to fire, and be unable to move until I unstick myself from the wall.

Aladuf

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Probably old but midnight launch confirmed.
Check here: http://www.gamingbits.com/content/view/6707/1/

Man now I don't know if I want to do the toys r us deal.
fuuuuuuuuck.

I have two Gamestops near me and the one I decided to preorder from is the one that doesn't have a midnight launch... welp, time to cancel my preorder at the one store that doesn't have it and go preorder it at the store that has the midnight launch.

Aladuf said:
fuuuuuuuuck.

I have two Gamestops near me and the one I decided to preorder from is the one that doesn't have a midnight launch... welp, time to cancel my preorder at the one store that doesn't have it and go preorder it at the store that has the midnight launch.

Aladuf what is up man! We haven't crossed threads in a while.

Aladuf

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Aladuf what is up man! We haven't crossed threads in a while.
It sure has been a little while, I've been keeping my distance from this thread because I was trying to tone down how much Uncharted 2 stuff I've been taking in lately since I felt like I was seeing a bit too much, but with the game coming out in just a few days, I can barely resist looking anymore.

Is there any other way we can get a hold of a Fortune Hunter Edition?

I know about 40 of them were given out in the tournaments, but that leaves 160 of them...

Aladuf said:
It sure has been a little while, I've been keeping my distance from this thread because I was trying to tone down how much Uncharted 2 stuff I've been taking in lately since I felt like I was seeing a bit too much, but with the game coming out in just a few days, I can barely resist looking anymore.

I feel you man I have been trying anything I can think of to stay out of this thread but I just can't take it.

Firestorm

drakesfortune said:
idunno but i just had someone bid $49.99 on my uncharted 2 "kitty got wet" t-shirt so I love people's inner Uncharted fanboys <3

Magnus

Chapter 2 is frustrating at first. This game is visually and aurally owning my soul.

I love the banter between characters. Is this what Uncharted 1 was like?

"There's a guy above you, there's a guy above you!"

"There's a guy below you, there's a guy below you!"

:lol :lol :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
autobzooty said:
Uncharted has so many context based animations that I've also thought that it would be a good fit. I'd just be worried that there would be too much of a focus on the hand-to-hand combat, and when you have a gun and are in a firefight, it starts to become a little unbelievable that a fist-fight would be feasible or effective

Yeah, I know what you mean and I totally understand that. Still would be cool to have situations that allow that kind of combat to take place in a meaningful way. Even if just for, say, using a gun still being held by an enemy being combo'ed to shoot at a nearby attacker.

vMaxx

I've already finished the game twice.It is an amazing experience.In terms of graphics it is a marvel and an achievement.You will not believe what your eyes will see.Videos and photos do not make justice to this game.Also how about this game does not have jaggies???ND are todays best developers.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
klier said:
Thanks to BUNGIE?!?!?!?!?!

When companies are awesome they don't try to compete, they are friendly. I bet they totally swap copies of their latest games. I know an Infinity Ward guy was playing Uncharted 2 early. ND is cool that way.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
vMaxx said:
I've already finished the game twice.It is an amazing experience.In terms of graphics it is a marvel and an achievement.You will not believe what your eyes will see.Videos and photos do not make justice to this game.Also how about this game does not have jaggies???ND are todays best developers.

Many first party games are basically jaggies free. Not just the latest like Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2, but also old games like MotorStorm and Warhawk.

Of course aliasing is not an issue when you know what you are doing with Cell and stuff.

Gribbix

Magnus said:
Chapter 2 is frustrating at first. This game is visually and aurally owning my soul.

I love the banter between characters. Is this what Uncharted 1 was like?

"There's a guy above you, there's a guy above you!"

"There's a guy below you, there's a guy below you!"

:lol :lol :lol

There is a really nice detail that ND put there. When I threw the security guard off the building, I thought: "What? Didn't Drake just lecture Flynn on not killing any of the guards and yet Drake himself just threw one off the top of a tall building?" But then I noticed once the guard hit the water at the bottom, he started swimming back to land.

Irish

Well, I've realized a few things today while calling about for Uncharted 2,

1) I'm very patient. I actually waited for 20 minutes on hold to see if a certain store had it. They seem surprised I was still on the line when they picked the phone back up. Also, the big stores love to transfer you to another person all the time.

2) I don't talk very clearly or I have a speech impediment. It took several tries to explain what I wanted to a couple of different people. This adds to why I hate calling people.

3) Uncharted has to be great for me to call damn near every store that sells video games in my area to see if they have U2 in.

CrushDance said:
That's wonderful, now please stop with the random and off topic statements that you've littered the thread with. It's getting annoying. You didn't do this in the ODST thread.
Well bleh to you too. I want the game too, but I can't get it until at least December. I'm participating in any discussion I can.

klier said:
Thanks to BUNGIE?!?!?!?!?!
And Infinity Ward! That's awesome.

Toki767

Epix said:
Where is everyone getting these copies from? I thought it doesn't hit until the 13th.
Most people managed to get copies from the Uncharted 2 special event that took place Monday and I'm guessing Tuesday.

nib95

Banned
Jim said:
Was playing around with the snow and stuff for some reason last night, and I still have no idea why the GD review stated there were no footprints. There are, and they are really impressive. Drake's legs push through the snow and leave persistent prints everywhere. They don't even fade from what I've seen.

Some footage of it (no spoilers):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2U0y0CB23c

I should have finished the game by now... I'm spending way too much time searching for Treasure on my first run.

So....did GameDaily just get it horribly wrong?

In other news, UNCHARTED 2 is teaming up with Pepsi! Launching in November 2009, consumers in the West and Midwest regions will have a chance to win PS3 consoles, copies of UNCHARTED 2 and UNCHARTED motion comics through Pepsi promotions. More details to follow soon.
This is complete and utter bullshit, btw. Get your shit together Sony. The theater events and this disaster are exposing you.

snack

So for the people that got U2 alredy, what level are you guys? What is the highest level you guys have seen online?

vMaxx

TTP said:
Many first party games are basically jaggies free. Not just the latest like Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2, but also old games like MotorStorm and Warhawk.

Of course aliasing is not an issue when you know what you are doing with Cell and stuff.
But uncharted 1 was full of jaggies.Also warhawk and motorstorm may be jaggies free but they are far inferior to u2 in terms of graphics so the use the extra power to have a cleaner look.

Magnus

templeusox said:
This is complete and utter bullshit, btw. Get your shit together Sony. The theater events and this disaster are exposing you.

What?

And why is Clive Owen's face in that pic? :lol

The Chef said:
Thank god for midnight launch.

Pick it up Tuesday at 12am
Play all night
Wake my wife up at 5am
Drive to airport
Fly to New York for a week with no uncharted :(

That sounds like the ultimate form of torture and I'm not even kidding. I hope you make it through this.

LowParry

My rage is......urrrgh! I have to wait next week!!?! .......................I still got Sigma 2 to finish. But still. Raaaaaaaage!

Firestorm

Wait Uncharted and Pepsi? That's really odd considering Sony and Coca Cola's relationship and Microsoft and Pepsi's relationship. Did something happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom